• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] The Hunt for One-Eyed-Pete's Treasure Resumes!

Esmeralda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*does the happy dance*
I found it!!!! :danceb::danceb::danceb:
Inside of one of the locked chests there was:
- a pair of tourmaline earrings, found among one-eyed petes hidden treasure
- a necklace with a large tourmaline, found among one-eyed petes hidden treasure
- a tourmaline studded bracelet, found among one-eyed petes hidden treasure

So, there are some more locked chests (I could open one with the key I found), so I guess the others will be part of the next days.
Good luck to you all!
*dances some more*
:danceb::danceb::danceb:

Esmeralda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The chests in his hideout *g*
It´s at the beach, on the island his comrade pirates are.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congratulations - I was totally baffled by the clues I must admit.

T

thelust6

I think this is likley to be ongoing, theres others chests, probably will be updated with new clues for the others

T

thelust6

*Does Happy Dance with Esmeralda* :danceb: :danceb: :danceb:

I found a key; rather by chance looking for more clues following a seperate train of thought, I bumped into the location, checked round, quite suprised, found a dead crew member too :p x

I opened the chest, heres what I found inside the treasure trove!;

A Pair Of Ruby Earrings, Found among One-Eyed Petes Hidden Treasure

A Necklace With A Large Ruby, Found Among One-Eyed Petes Hidden Treasure

A Ruby Studded Bracelet, Found Among One-Eyed Petes Hidden Treasure.

From the information I've gathered so far, Pete and his crew raided merchant ships along the New Haven - Trinsic crossing, there latest pirating raid left a merchant named Elrond empty of his goods and wares, they sold these goods on a weekly basis to William The Fence (William rip-off) from there Will sold them on the Trinsician market, where Elronds goods were spotted by local traders, the sheriff informed and William detained - in the Rusty Bucket, I do wonder though, I understand Trinsic is loyal to Casca, so I'm guessing his guards are keeping a watchful eye outside of Williams room?

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone figured out what the 4 location pictures are for yet?
visited each location but nothing there

Esmeralda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yay! Grats mate!! *dances with thelust6*
:danceb::danceb::danceb:

@Slayvite
I´m not sure, but the 4 pictures and the sentence "Greed opposes all" lead me to Buccaneer´s den, wich is in the middle of those 4 locations. There I found one of the keys to the chest in Pete´s hideout.

S

Seasseragh

Congrats both ;)

And since there seems to be only one key in each location, can you elaborate on that "other train of thought" - maybe we can ferret out how pete thinks?

Did those keys just lie around or were they hidden in containers?

Esmeralda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mine was in Buc´s den in an npc-less house, in a wooden chest. A completley normal, regular wooden chest, that didn´t look suspicious. 'It was sheer luck that I found the key!

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Four location pictures? Sentences? Where are you getting these from :p I only just started last night :(

T

thelust6

All the keys are able to be found I guess, the FAQ on the Em website says the event can be completed at any time, not requiring any Em interference, I guess the remaining two are out there somewhere? Oh and what is that dull bracelet in one of petes chests :?

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Only the 2 chests still remain, i fear these keys may have been found by people not knowing what they are for or where the underground hideout is.

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
could we please have the co-ordanates of the first 2 keys. If we could work out how the clues point to these 2 points we might be able to solve where the last 2 are/where.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
By the way Flame, did you manage to get one of those silence cloaks i the end?

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a spare if you want it, i know you've been following the EM events so i dont see why you should miss out due to RL ;)

(A certain recruit who just showed you a corpse under a tree is in Pete's underground den with a cloak for you now)

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a spare if you want it, i know you've been following the EM events so i dont see why you should miss out due to RL
*big hug* thankyou so much, its great that peeps like you are still in UO. All the best on finding a key.

Flame

A

AngelMhor

And a hugh thank you to Cheerful. Where would UO be without kind hearted people like yourself. Thanks again so much. *big hugs*.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Following the line in the chest 'Greed opposes all, follow this path down the whole 270 yards'

I went for the thinking of opposite of greed is Sacrifice.
Off i weent to the shrine and then went down 'south' roughly 270 steps brings you into a little clearing with 3 huts.
These are all empty (even the chests) appart from the last one which has a murdered female by the name of Malabelle.

If there was a key in any of these chests then it is gone also.

Also in the dungeon Covertous (greed) i found a severd head of Kilbedar on the floor.

T

thelust6

:) thats the one I found too, were on the same wavelength; Unsure if you noticed but there is a wooden {exceptional} chest in northern most hut out of the three, thats where I started dancing :p x

T

thelust6

I wonder if the four pictures from the EM website; valor shrine, Trinsic walkway, Vesper bakery, Moonglow healers relate tie in with the written message from One-Eyed Pete - i.e. Valor Shrine - Near a shrine (Sacrifice), Trinsic Walkway - walk along the path?, Vesper Bakery? - Close to the huts, Moonglow Healers - (Alas) Maribelle/ressurect at shrine? I dunno, I spent a fair amount of time scouring the Trammel facet for similar chests, (quite literally covered most of Tramm apart from a few dungeons, bout half of T2A and the centre of Yew) didn't turn up any leads tho! lol, found a few IDOC's, old event bits and interesting oddities, I'd like to buy that house on Justice island :p x

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another idea shot down.

Valor (jhelom) / wall (upstairs) / healers,bakers (inbetween)

So i checked the Jhelom pits as thats between the healers and the bakers and has a bridge (wall) going over it. Both facets and nothing even checked the bakers and healers on both.

My brain really hurts now.... :)

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol, its even got as bad as working off the Key with the letter P on it.
Trip to the tinkers in Papau. :bored:

S

Seasseragh

So, the pictures lead to one key (Bucs), and the note led to one - maybe theres more hints in the cave that we didn´t find yet? (Like the key with P on it)

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The dull bracelet and 7 pieces of eight are clues I reckon :)
Pieces of eight, you mean the gold with the dull bracelet in the chest at Pete's hideout?

I only see 6 gold .. or is there another dull bracelet somewhere I am missing? :(

T

Tak

Even Batman and Robin would go nuts if they had to solve that riddles.
Me ended fishing for treasure in Blackthornes moat:/

After getting an hint, I am now able to whistle that cool new music there backward, even examined the mushrooms there, still no key..gnnnnaaah

:dunce:

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
3rd key found! Woot Woot!!!!

Saphire jewelry yes!!!

My 27 hours without sleep have paid off :danceb::danceb::danceb:

T

thelust6

heh heh!! :danceb: Well done Slayvite; did you put the clues together from the latest updated pics? x (if thats the case I'll stop searching :p)

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yup, from the latest picture clue. It was in the Brigand camp (not exactly in the middle but i searched further)

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oops pressed wrong key :D My bad
Hehe, thanks Risso :)

Congrats Slayvite!

Err lastest picture update? Where? I'm looking on the EM site and I can't find any links to new pics :(

Or do I need to find a clue ingame with a url for the pic?

Nm, I found it .. I didn't know about the shipyard password :(

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The shipyard only happened today, thats why we couldnt get any further on the clues ;)
Evil EM making me use my brain for nothing yesterday :D

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The shipyard only happened today, thats why we couldnt get any further on the clues ;)
Evil EM making me use my brain for nothing yesterday :D
Hehe.

So which is the last clue to be figured out? The picture one or the riddle in the eastern ship?

T

thelust6

This is not a virtue set in stone? Humility or Chaos (antivirtue) perhaps ? Checked Britain Chamber of Virtues - all the standard ones are set in stone there :p x

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The riddle seems quite easy to figure out, but not to impliment. Which makes me feel this one aint 'turned on' yet.

T

Tane Darkbane

Is the hideout on bald island?
and if so how do i get in?

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The riddle seems quite easy to figure out, but not to impliment. Which makes me feel this one aint 'turned on' yet.
Yeh, Im wondering the same thing. I've been to every shrine and said the names of them, nothing :(

I've even done it while hopping on the spot with my head between my legs .. just incase :D

Although I could be totally wrong and the clue doesn't lead to a shrine .. I'm not the best with riddles :wall: