• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] The 1st HLP Trade Caravan (Graphic Intensive)

K

Kayne

Last night saw the 1st ever HLP Trade Caravan. The proposed route was from Skara Brae docks all the way through the mountains and to the bridge in Britain.

Shortly before 8PM the participants met on the dock outside of Skara Brae, there was some light entertainment in the form of a smelly beggar named Scrumpy Jack of the Guild of Beggars (GoB) singing some song he had prepared especially. One of the beggars by the name of Mary began to harass your poor reporter and even had the cheek to spit on him. </p>

Soon we set off amongst poison fields, paralyse fields and fire fields that the awaiting reds had already begun throwing in our path. </p>

A large chunk of the caravan and its protectors began moving along in a large group all looking out on all sides for a sneaky red. It was at this point that a red twice killed your intrepid reporter. Well done to euthanasia for that (not sure if it was you both times or not) </p>

A small section of the caravan then became separated and decided to move back until rejoining the main group. The group then moved onward toward the mountains where the attackers had already begun throwing down fire fields, poison fields and more paralyse fields. </p>

Many mages in the group frantically began to cast spells to remove these obstacles from the path of the caravan. Eventually we made it through the narrow mountain pass and carried onward toward Britain and our destination. </p>

Once at the bridge the caravan then turned back to Skara Brae to rescue the survivors of the battles that had raged while making our way to Britain. </p>

The group became separated, probably misled by those treacherous road signs and only a small group continued on together, we made it through the mountains again before we ran into a group of reds lying in wait. It was during this ambush that Paidric took a few dirt naps</p>

I then became separated along with Justice Forum of the Baronship of Cove (BoC) who ran along the road with me all the way to the dock. On arrival we met with others that had made it back. </p>

The reds however didn’t have it easy. Even they took a dirt nap after trying to battle with the protectors of the caravan. </p>

Once everyone had made it back it was determined that 4 of the 8 swords that had left Skara at the start had made it safely to Britain. Selina Leafsong kindly donated 3 million gold to the HLP guild as a reward, which will go towards helping the young that come into New Haven all the time. A further 1.5 million was given to the SAOR guild to help the young and returning players. SilberCatt of Chaos of Deception (CD) also kindly donated a further 500k gold per sword. </p>

Rajak of [*NF*] had agreed beforehand to give a prize of 5 million gp to the person or guild that was most community minded. This prize went to the Sosarian Red Cross [SRC] for the spirit they showed in not only healing the protectors but also the attackers, it was given directly to Benjamin of SRC to distribute to the other members of his guild. </p>

All in all a highly successful and fun event. Well done to all who participated. </p>
------------------------------------------------

A big thank you to Paidric for organising the whole thing. Thank you to all the guilds that participated. It was refreshing to be a part of a great community event that took place away from trammel and that showed that not all reds trash talk and res kill. </p>

Remember as well this event will be taking place again in roughly two weeks so look out for info on that. The official page for the caravan is: <a target="_blank" href=http://caravan.uosites.com>http://caravan.uosites.com</a></p> Thank you also to Petra Fyde and to Paidric for some of the screenshots used in this report.

I

imported_Paidric

I would like to thank everyone again.

And also point out that the link isn't totally working yet.
Temporarly you can use this one :
Trade Caravan

Thanks to all those who made this event a GREAT event!

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
looks like i will hit the credit card for the next one need WoY to get me up to speed

K

Kayne

so winder that was you that killed the poor europa reporter. Im ashamed at you :p

Nah only kidding.

W

Winder UO

I was in the middle of a large group spamming wither at one point. I killed a few people then. Probably the news reporter :p

Also i didnt pay attention to who i was attacking at all. I just picked a random target most of the time.

Some people are more fun killing than others tho.

Like my flatmate whos in a rp guild, or Ellis Dee.

I

imported_Paidric

Thanks to Kayne and Petra for the report and pictures

And See you all next time (so far it's planned for Tuesday 22 of April at 8PM UK Time).

Any guild that wants to take an active part in the organising is welcome to contact me. Also, we'll have 4 caravan leaders in distinguishable color next time. I hope it will make it easier to stay grouped, as I expect much more reds.

G

Same route? or a longer one? Maybe Skara - Trinsic via Brit farms?

W

Winder UO

Tuesday the 22nd is a really bad date.

For football fans anyway.
Champions League semi final between Liverpool and Chelsea.

I

imported_Paidric

@Petra
Different route, I don't know which one yet. I was thinking of doing a stop in a town and continue to another, not sure yet how it'll go.

@Winder
Well can't fit everyone, thursday was a bad day for many people too..
Also, there are many different sports and always a league going in one of them. Every day is the best day for UO fans though

As Draconi said, choose your side

On a more serious note, I understand it might not fit you and I regret it, but I'll try different days and see how it goes before choosing a day for the event. We'll change a bit for the first few caravans and see later.

W

Winder UO

yeah, i totally understand. And I think theres non football fans in my guild anyway that will do the killing