• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Test Center is going down for updates

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Posted to <a target="_blank" href=http://www.uoherald.com/news/>uoherald.com:</a><blockquote><span class=osi></p>

<font size=+1>Test Center Is Going Down For Updates</br></font> <font size=-1>Jeremy Dalberg </font> 30 Apr 2008 18:00:54

TC1 is being brought internal in preparation for another publish. To see the complete notes, including turn-in and reward point values, click <a target="_blank" href=http://update.uo.com/design_590.html> Here </A></p>

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
*bump*

Yes I'm still infected.

F

Fayled Dhreams

Well, okay ... points wise ... I can "take that" ....
(not like I expected a scavenger to be able to be rewarded with a full set of the new armour)
... would have liked it

... sure

but ...
unless "each piece" of the new armour .... gives some uber buff/advantage ... and that a FULL set ... like the virtue set ... IS NOT required for "full benefit" .... then I could see a 100,000 points each .... but ... 600,000 for 1 set for Full benefits ... mmmmm ... no .... I don't see it. 100,000 for 1 set with 100,000 for each "customizing piece" (male/female breast .... head gear) ... just saying ...at 100,000 for a "default set" .... with an option to "customize" for characters ... *shrugs*

I can see .... a "double" value for the older ophid items ... as compared to the newer things ... just to compensate those whom "held the faith" that oneday ... something would come of it ... but just barely, can I see it .... IF I squint and hold my head just so .... but there, in the back of my mind, that nagging little fact ...
1 item = 1 item ... and that a "clean up" is ABOUT &gt;&gt; item reduction / conversion.

I thought I had come up with a "fair" and "non-biased" scaling .... by using the thought that
"1 item = 1 item ... and that a "clean up" is ABOUT &gt;&gt; item reduction / conversion."
25 "items" of the old for the new ....= item reduction / conversion.

and .... fairly simple math too!

About housing .... did I miss a memo/note? alll my "house placement tools" tell me I MUST be 15days old to place ...
yet there ARE some customized buildings being placed and used ... is it a command? a "gate" ?

and *hesitates* .... well ... comma's ?

All in all ... good

keep it coming.

the code must flow

G

Maybe it is the news program that is cursed. Want me to kill a chicken?

F

Fayled Dhreams

hmmm ... don't think the dead chicken will help ... keep it on the list for later "attempts" though ...
one never knows.

"The problem" ... if I'm following ... seems to be that Newspro ... is overwritting, or "resetting" your Post time TO Stratics?
that could be a handy way to BEAT every poster asking for "the current"
... but ... back to "the problem"

What version are you running ? .... it might be quicker if I had a copy to go thru the menus and settings to FIND if theres a setting that has "post time as: ..."
IF thats what it is .... that Newspro has a method/setting for "saying" to stratics ... that the post time is: local, current, GMT, server host, server recieving, +hrs, -hrs ...
or, maybe, scheduled synchronized posting ... (need SAME version as yours to "look")

just a thought ...

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
NewsPro Version 3.8 Build 34, whatever that means.

I just went into NewsPro to do a test post and this is the time it's showing for me.

AND I see no way to change any settings or anything within the NewsPro program itself. We have staff working on fixing the problem whatever it is, but it's a pain everytime I post I have to go find it and bump it to page one. GRRRR! *laughs*

F

Fayled Dhreams

I think .... what your looking for is: "@formfields = ('newsname','newsdate',"

from here ...
keep the "pro techies" digging though ...

G

<blockquote><hr>

I thought I had come up with a "fair" and "non-biased" scaling .... by using the thought that
"1 item = 1 item ... and that a "clean up" is ABOUT &gt;&gt; item reduction / conversion."
25 "items" of the old for the new ....= item reduction / conversion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Replacing 25 items with 25 items dosnt seem like item reduction to me. Although I never went to collage or had to take collage lvl math.

F

Fayled Dhreams

LoL .... "never went to collage"

*ahem*:
25 "items" of the old for (one of ) the new ....= item reduction / conversion.

obviously your NOT ready for placement in a group / collage

keep trying though ... If they can make penicillin out of bread mold ... maybe someone can make something out of you ...

G

<blockquote><hr>

In order to promote accessibility and invigorate Factions, we’ve made several changes and fixed some bugs. Additionally, Factions will play an important role in the Warriors of Destiny plot arc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dev's Honestly, do you think this was a smart call considering (I'm betting) 90% of UO Players have never played Factions in their life!!! I myself have not played in 7 yrs.. Now your running an Arc around it...

G

It looks like that the publish won't make it this week unless they pull all the housing changes. That means another weekend of no new event stuff.

G

Unless you turn in the tickets, most people will end up with MORE tickets than items (because they'll have to break up their rations into 1, 10, and 100 count stacks).

Each separate item generates a ticket, and each ration, 10 stack, and 100 stack of ration is one item, so if you have one stack of 153 (arbitrary number) rations, you'd end up with:

100 Rations
10 Rations
10 Rations
10 Rations
10 Rations
10 Rations
1 Ration
1 Ration
1 Ration

= NINE tickets from one stack of ration.

Obvious advice I can give right now is to turn in small value items first when you KNOW what you want to spend the tickets on and get rid of the non-stackables first. Save the rations until either last or until we know what else they will be used for.

P

prison bound

<blockquote><hr>

Unless you turn in the tickets, most people will end up with MORE tickets than items (because they'll have to break up their rations into 1, 10, and 100 count stacks).

Each separate item generates a ticket, and each ration, 10 stack, and 100 stack of ration is one item, so if you have one stack of 153 (arbitrary number) rations, you'd end up with:

100 Rations
10 Rations
10 Rations
10 Rations
10 Rations
10 Rations
1 Ration
1 Ration
1 Ration

= NINE tickets from one stack of ration.

Obvious advice I can give right now is to turn in small value items first when you KNOW what you want to spend the tickets on and get rid of the non-stackables first. Save the rations until either last or until we know what else they will be used for.

[/ QUOTE ]

the ophidian items will begin to spawn again

I

imported_GalenKnighthawke

<blockquote><hr>

It looks like that the publish won't make it this week unless they pull all the housing changes. That means another weekend of no new event stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most likely.

Isn't it good that they are testing things, and listening to us, and not rushing them?

-Galen's player

G

<blockquote><hr>

Use the chicken Kelmo.

It can't hurt things!

[/ QUOTE ]

Will it count if I fried it already?

D

Daren Athlorn

<blockquote><hr>

Most likely.

Isn't it good that they are testing things, and listening to us, and not rushing them?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's almost unprecedented.

I just hope to see all shards being published on Monday and Tuesday, another week and I'll go mad.

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm...chicken is chicken right?
So what if the news smells like fried chicken!
As long as the time thingie is right!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Sorry, you'll have to substitute the chicken, as was done in "Major League"

I

imported_EnigmaMaitreya

I would not be so quick to want this publish.

As was hinted at, they tell you a list of things that are in the publish.

BUT

That is not an inclusive list. There are things in this publish on TC1 that are not in the list and I was not seeing in the previous incarnation.

Not all of them are nice things and I personally hope they do not make it to live.

G

<blockquote><hr>

&lt;p&gt;Posted to uoherald.com:<blockquote>&lt;span class=osi&gt;&lt;/p&gt; [image]http://uo.stratics.com/newspics/PubPub.gif" width="91" height="91" border="5[/image]&lt;br&gt; &lt;font size=+1&gt;Test Center Is Going Down For Updates&lt;/br&gt;&lt;/font&gt; &lt;font size=-1&gt;Jeremy Dalberg &lt;/font&gt; 30 Apr 2008 18:00:54 &lt;p&gt;TC1 is being brought internal in preparation for another publish. To see the complete notes, including turn-in and reward point values, click Here &lt;/p&gt;

[/ QUOTE ]

On the design page, the Ophidian Weapon (Mystic) is not listed!

G

I noticed that too! Maybe they're too valueable and rare!

The ophidian items should optimally be in stacks of

I guess

Also to whoever commented about factions being unfairly included as they haven't played in 7 years, it does say a *role*, not that it is the centre. So clearly you won't HAVE to take part.

I think it is more unfair for you to expect that people in factions can't take part. When has there ever been a pvp or faction focus of any story arc?

G

<blockquote><hr>

About housing .... did I miss a memo/note? alll my "house placement tools" tell me I MUST be 15days old to place ...
yet there ARE some customized buildings being placed and used ... is it a command? a "gate" ?

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a gate at the Brit bank that allows house placement.

The Pet bonding gates however are missing now. I cannot fine a single gate that allows pet bonding this morning.

I

imported_Risso

<blockquote><hr>

Also to whoever commented about factions being unfairly included as they haven't played in 7 years, it does say a *role*, not that it is the centre. So clearly you won't HAVE to take part.

I think it is more unfair for you to expect that people in factions can't take part. When has there ever been a pvp or faction focus of any story arc?

[/ QUOTE ]
Its nice that part of this event is Felucca-centred, so people of every colour can participate. (see various posts moaning about the Rift being in Trammel - now you murderers can have a slice of the pie and maybe even some brave Trammies to kill!)

I suppose now there will be Trammel dwellers complaining about having to go to Felucca for the full experience but I guess you can't please everyone.

Also good to see the turn-in point system is slightly more realistic - now I can get pretty much everything I wanted (except the armour set, but I've only participated in the Moonglow event so I wasn't expecting to be able to)

Now all I need is for it to be published on my shard

G

Enigma, if you're seeing things that aren't listed, shoot me an email with them if you don't want to post them - they may be exploit fixes, or they may be bugs!

R

Repowski

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

In order to promote accessibility and invigorate Factions, we’ve made several changes and fixed some bugs. Additionally, Factions will play an important role in the Warriors of Destiny plot arc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dev's Honestly, do you think this was a smart call considering (I'm betting) 90% of UO Players have never played Factions in their life!!! I myself have not played in 7 yrs.. Now your running an Arc around it...

[/ QUOTE ]

The irony here is that I personally believe its a brilliant idea to run an arc around factions, and you're the very reason for it: You're an active, veteran player who wants more experiences in UO but yet have never used one of the major systems in the game... (and I'm guessing, but you probably (like me) spend the majority of your time in Trammel)

You'll learn new aspects of the game. You'll work with a team, to achieve a team goal... as a part of an event? Gooooood.

G

I agree. In general. Looking at recents posts. Everyone wants everything tailored for their personal game style. Not that their is anything wrong with that.

But we cant have our cake, and others cake, and eat them both.

If the events is about REDS. Well reds have fun.
If the event is trammeled. Then go to trammel.
If the event has factions, well join a faction.

If the event means turn in stuff for prizes but you might need them in the future. Well pick one. Its a game.

I agree as Rep stated, its brilliant.

Make the game play as a game, where we get involved. We choose.
Stopping making it about us, so we dont get mad because we dont want to do it they way the DEVS design it.

You know what I mean. Feedback is good from the players. But dont dumb the game down to dribble.

G

I'm all for bringing back Factions, although I think Chaos v Order is a much better system (4 sides are sorta too much to work with in my opinion--but if they can make each side count...then bravo). The first thing EA needs to do is make it so you can't be in a guild without showing your guild tags. Then they need to make Factions interesting. And I am hoping Factions won't just become a warhorse/dreadhorse gankfest, if the dread horses are intended as factions-only. Otherwise, I am intrigued by the new AI, PvM wise.