• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Tamer Changes in Publish Today

G

** Key:- Bold &amp; <font color="red"> Red </font> text denotes tamer-specific changes. **

All Shards to be Published
Jeremy Dalberg
26 Mar 2008 13:50:34
All shards will be published with the following during their next regular maintenance:

Fixed a NPC Grammar Error

Greater Dragons now drop scales and leather when skinned

Properties on the ML recipe bows should now stack correctly with runic, exceptional and material bonuses

Fixed an additional bug that caused properties to be dropped on some ML weapons

Body sculptors and hairdressers should no longer wander too far away

Recipe bows that previously had a 0% exceptional chance now have a 5% exceptional chance (In order to allow for an exceptional chance greater than 0 at GM skill, the success rate and minimum fletching skill have been adjusted. Success rate is now 50% at GM (was 40%.) Min Fletching is now 70 (was 75%.))

Ships will no longer catch fire around the island of Magincia

Leather and elf armor will no longer lose properties when runic-crafted or spawned as magic loot

NPC animated corpses should now deal damage and take damage in the Trammel ruleset.

Players should now be able to complete the summon fiend quest chain.

All bunnies will spawn in their normal colors again

Pet summoning ball changes:

Pet summoning balls unhide the summoner when attempting to summon their pet. Pet summoning balls have a disruptable casting animation like other spells Pet summoning balls have a reuse delay of 15 seconds.

<font color="red"> <u>Pet AI changes</u>

<u>Guard</u>
The pet should guard as it does currently.
<u>Follow</u> The pet should follow. It will not attack anything, even if it is attacked.
<u>Come</u> The pet should come. It will not attack anything, even if it is attacked. (If the pet cannot pathfind to its owner, it will not become passive.)
<u>Kill/Attack</u> The pet will attack its target as it does currently.
<u>Stop</u> The pet will stop attacking. It will not attack anything, even if it is attacked, and may wander.
<u>Stay</u> The pet will stay where it is currently, and will not attack anything, even if it is attacked. </font>

Fixed an issue where Talismans were occasionally spawning without any properties

Players can no longer place insured items on a player-run vendor. (Existing insured items on vendors will not be affected.)

Quest items will now untoggle if the player dies while carrying them

Players will now receive a 'You have too many pets guarding you' system message if they already have more than 5 pets guarding them. (Note: pets in the stable that have been commanded to guard may count towards this limit.)

Each pet that is guarding a player will have a "Guarding" note on mouseover.

Fixed issues with the list of guarding pets not being maintained correctly

<font color="red">Provoking onto a creature will no longer cause those in combat with that creature to stop fighting</font>

The Darkwood Armor set bonus now has 100 Luck instead of Night Sight

Acid Proof Rope will no longer remove a spell from a spellbook when crafted

The "Bless" spell icon will no longer incorrectly disappear if the player logs out

Regina in Castle British now lets you know if you are on the wrong stage of the quest rather than just saying you are too busy

Fixed system message upon creating an alliance to correctly show the alliance name

Exceptional crafted chocolate will have the maker's mark attached correctly

Salvage bags will no longer recycle Age of Shadows gift clothing

G

It's going to be so much easier to gate drakes 2 a time to the zoo today, now the first tamed drake isn't going to set about the 2nd while I have it peaced trying to tame it.

Taking them 2 a time is better for my mana consumption.

simonovsk

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm a bit surprised, I thought the changes would be up by now but they're not are they? At least not on our good shard of Europa...

G

nope, we didn't get the changes. Looks like we have to wait till tomorrow on Europa

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same on Drachs. But like always we always get the publish as last and not as first.

I

imported_Sarphus

I forgot those changes went live... actually had time to play a little UO tonight and was surprised with my pet being so well behaved... it was awesome!