• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Sweets, Slaughter and Scythes on Siege!

G

<div> <table width="100%" border="1" bordercolor="#ff8000" bgcolor="#000000"> <tr> <td><font color="#ff8000">
</font></td> <td> <p align="center"><font color="#f7b386" size="7">Sweets, Slaughter and Scythes 
on Siege</font></p> </td></tr> <tr> <td><font color="#ff8000"></font></td> <td><font color="#ff8000"><font color="#ffb66c" size="7">I</font> wandered around the lands of Siege, amazed at the sudden generosity of the residents.
</font> <table align="left" border="0"><tr> <td><font color="#ff8000">
</font></td></tr></table><font color="#ff8000"> All I had to say was the magic phrase "trick or treat", and before long, my backpack was bulging with all kinds of sweet luxuries, designed to rot the teeth!

But then, just as I was getting bored with the monotony of the ongoing outpouring of sweets, one of the villagers instead said "TRICK", and strange noises were heard. I am not quite sure what happened to my face, but a voice suddenly said "It is not so bad. You can always cover it up with a floppy hat. Or perhaps a mask."

Most strange. I was starting to think that I had imagined it, as the stream of sweets resumed, but then another yelled "TRICK", and I felt wings sprout from my back! I was, it seemed, a gargoyle!

After about ten minutes of flapping around Trinsic like that, the wings vanished, and I landed on my face at the feet of several villagers, who were quick to smother me with various confectionaries again.

But then, even worse than before, came the "TRICK!", and an unseen fist struck me, slaying me in one blow, despite my fine armor! One quick trip to the healers, and it was back to the sweets - until some foul fiend claiming to be my twin brother started beating me about the head with a hammer similar to my own!

</font> <table bordercolor="#ff8040" align="center" border="1"><tr> <td><font color="#ff8000">
</font></td></tr></table>

<font color="#ff8000">Tired of the strangeness of Trinsic, I headed out to Yew. There, the vinyards, normally full of monks, scribes, and grapes, were full of pumpkins! I gathered a few, and Bea tells me that one had apparently gone rotten, as it was black. You would think that the monks would take better care of their crops. I had far too many, so we threw some out the window, and Bea was shortly surprised to see an orc flying upwards from below, amidst a mighty roar, and the smell of sulphur. Not to mention the smell of burning orc, which is slightly worse than non-burnt orc.

Later in the day, I was passing the Yew graveyard, and heard the sounds of battle. Quite a common sound, given how reluctant the skeletons are to stay in their resting places at the best of times, but this was not the same.

</font> <table bordercolor="#ff8000" align="center" border="1"><tr> <td><font color="#ff8000">

<font color="#ff8000"> A strange creature, muttering his allegiance to something that sounded like "Sekhemet", or perhaps "Sick of it", more likely than not in reference to the excessive number of sweets, attacked me with a scythe!

He was easy to dispatch.
*coughs*

Of course, having a fairly large group of fighters on hand to do most of the work helped.

</font><table bordercolor="#ff8000" align="center" border="1"><tr> <td><font color="#ff8000">

<font color="#ff8000">We fought the Grim Reaper throughout the evening, giving the employees of Deep Forest Healing plenty of work to do! The loot that the Reaper - or possibly Reapers - twas hard to tell in that fight - gave, was fairly average, but the thrill of battle was good, and the eve was filled with merriment!

</font><table bordercolor="#ff8040" align="center" border="1"><tr> <td><font color="#ff8000">

<font color="#ff8000"> The next day brought more candy, and a few more battles with Grim Reapers.
There are several undead who seem more closely affiliated with the reapers than most, known to the sighted by their redish hue. These have a small chance of carrying rare items, such as the lanterns mentioned by Lady Skylark a day or three prior, and some small statues as well.

Apparently the treats handed out can include better things than candy, but over two thousand sweets later, I've yet to receive anything of that sort.
I have heard from others that they had received specialy marked food, such as a jug of milk with the words "9AE" on it, and another said his pizza was similarly marked.
There is rumor that someone has received a spooky shroud, but thus far, it seems to be just that - rumor.

Still, fun abounds, and it seems that more will come when All Hallow's Eve is upon us!
</font></td></tr> <tr> <td><font color="#ff8000"></font></td> <td><font color="#ff8000"></font></td></tr></table></div>

A

Akane Wakayama

I recieved a 9th anniversary cake from trick or treating

K

Kat SP

I received a 9th Anniversary pizza and a plate of cookies with the same message.

Very nice Otto! Fine reporting!

F

Feyre

i got like 1500 of each candy and like 2 of each 9ae item exept the wine, which ive gotten none :'&lt;

K

Kat SP

Yep, say "trick or treat" to just about any NPC. A few will say "there is little chance of getting candy from that". lol