• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Spies amongst us? I hope so!

G

<table bordercolor="#ff8000" width="100%" border="1"> <tr> <td bgcolor="#ffff00">  </td> <td bgcolor="#ffff00"> </td> <td bgcolor="#ffff00">  </td> </tr> <tr> <td bgcolor="#ffff00"></td> <td bgcolor="#000000"><font color="#ffd600"><font size="+1"><font color="#999999"><font size="5">H</font>ail, all guildleaders of the land!

As may be apparent from the name, "Blind Otto", I sadly do not see all that transpires, as some are so fond of pointing out.
I am not all-seeing. Obviously. 
I am not all-knowing. Not quite, anyway.

The simple fact is, if a reporter does not receive adequte warning of, or information about, something, it will not appear in the news.

So, you will be glad to know that I have a solution in mind!

The solution is this:

I simply ask each interested guildleader to appoint a representative, and to let me know who that person is.

That person will become the guild's liason to UOSS (Ultima Online Stratics Siege).
They will be responsible for keeping me informed of any and all events that the guild consider newsworthy.
Any non-guilded people who encounter something of note are also welcome to join in!

Once your representatives are made known to me, I will make sure they have all the information they need, and, if neccesary, the tools they need, to do the job! 

Please note - I am not asking them to become reporters (unless they WANT to!).
I am not asking them to join UOSS, to ally with UOSS, or even to refrain from killing UOSS.

I am asking for people who will effectively be your guild's public relations officers!
They do not need to know HTML, they do not need to be overly eloquent, and they are free to call themselves strange things like "Freelancer", "Informant", "Representative", "Liason", "Otto's Narc" or "Treacherous Spy" if they really want to!

Thus, from this day forth, if a matter is not in the news, or you feel that an event that should have been covered escaped the notice of the news staff, you will have to turn to your liason, and ask how long a running start they would like before the hunt begins!

So, guildleaders, PM me names!

This is not to say that the reporters, past and present, have not been doing a good job - I personally feel that they have.
This is simply an attempt to get MORE news coverage for you all to read and enjoy!

Thank you!
</font></font>
</font> </td> <td bgcolor="#ffff00"></td></tr> <tr> <td bgcolor="#ffff00"> </td> <td bgcolor="#ffff00"> </td> <td bgcolor="#ffff00"> </td> </tr></table>

K

Kat SP

Oh dear god no, not T!!! You know his first story would be about his uhm... experience with someone's bathroom sink.

I am sorry. I must veto this for the welfare of the viewer's of this forum!
Kenji will suffice.

G

*breaths a sigh of relief!* Good call Kat! I love T, too, but...

I would encourage other guilds and groups to avail themselves of this opportunity.

G

Rofl. You know it'd be entertaining tho.

Still, Kenji does a great job.

N

Nerf-Herder

The vulgarity of my reports would vary linearly with the amount of bourbon I have consumed.

I

imported_Daan Mor

But would the amount of bourbon you drank vary with the linearity of your reports? huh?

S

Shad-SP

First off realize that T handles burbon very well, in large part because he never lets his blood-alcohol content to fall below 0.06.

Second, T is generally a funny, albeit a tad vulgar, man when drinking.

So, I believe his 'reports or communication' would be very entertaining.....however, I'm pretty sure all of Otto's threads would be locked upon quoting T or, if he edited for vulgarity, you might see something like this:

"Well, on &amp;*^* Friday #*% TnT will be &amp;%## a *#^* hunt for &amp;*#* big *#&amp; in hopes of *(&amp;)(# kicking some (*&amp;*$#. Just *(*#&amp;&amp; let us know if you are *#&amp;* interested and we will **&amp;#*( hook-up"

G

Now if he can do that while whispering the whole time, that would be impressive. Timmer 2

S

Sloan

LMAO.... i'll never forget the first time i heard timmer flip out in whisper mode...
thats comedy gold!!!