• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Snow on Siege!

G

<table id="tblSMain" width="100%" border="0" bgcolor="white"> <tr> <td align="center" colspan="2">
</td> <td> </td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">
awoke this morning to find snow outside.
This was not remarkable. There is always snow outside my home.
</td> <td valign="top">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">
So, after giving the local orcs their daily thrashing, I set off to explore.
But, I found that the normally warm lands were not getting much warmer!
And, the snow seemed to be following me! </td> <td> </td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top"> Beatrice, too, found snow all over the place when she emerged from her keep, and was most impressed with the trees in Tokuno!
</td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> <td> </td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">

Not wanting the younger members of the community to be left out, we went to check on the areas around the NEW guildhouse, and were glad to find that there was snow aplenty there, too!
</td> <td valign="top">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top"> Indeed, it seems that most of the land has been blanketed in snow!

</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top"> Some folks remarked that they felt most disoriented, with the usually familiar landscape now covered in a white shroud, while others were throwing snowballs at each other, and revelling in the icy splendor!

The landscape is truly not what it once was - so hasten out there, wearing the warmest robes available - and have fun!
</td> <td> </td> </tr> </table>

M

majorwoo

so is blackrock changing sosaria or is it's just a christmas bonus this year?
Freaked me out too! I logged on from Australia for a minute and I was like ummm... lol

G

<blockquote><hr>

so is blackrock changing sosaria or is it's just a christmas bonus this year?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think ye have hit upon something here!!!

The blackrock, being extremely dense, as dense as, say, a roomfull of orcs, is absorbing all the color from the ground! Therefore, we are left with brilliant whiteness!

Now, why is the snow wet? Methinks we need to look to U-Hall for the answer to that, as there is a great concentration of moisture behind many an ear there.

S

SavannahSP

I'll tell you what, it doesn't help with my sneaking around Homare to leave a long squiggly line of footprints in the snow. And hiding isn't much fun when I'm standing around being perfectly still and silent and FREEZING... *mutters grumpily and goes back inside*

I

imported_mo'gluk

hmm lat blame da uruks....meeb tink lat wuz hit tuu bubhosh wit fryin pan... iv nub hard enuff meeb klomp lat tuu....juz fer da shardie lat klomp'd

S

SavannahSP

<blockquote><hr>

hmm lat blame da uruks....meeb tink lat wuz hit tuu bubhosh wit fryin pan... iv nub hard enuff meeb klomp lat tuu....juz fer da shardie lat klomp'd

[/ QUOTE ]

*stares at orc suspiciously*

Pardon? Is that actually a language or just a bunch of random sounds? Klomp sounds like something quite unpleasant, and bubhosh sounds like something used to grow plants with. I've met one of your kind before...once...and I didn't stick around to chat. He had a very large axe and was making similar incoherant sounds.

*shivers and goes back inside to daydream about killing vampires again*

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Pardon? Is that actually a language or just a bunch of random sounds? Klomp sounds like something quite unpleasant, and bubhosh sounds like something used to grow plants with. I've met one of your kind before...once...and I didn't stick around to chat. He had a very large axe and was making similar incoherant sounds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm...I am no expert on orcish, but it sounds as if mo'gluk objects to you blaming your misfortunes on the brainless orcs of the land, that seem to roam with no spirit in them...he suggests someone may have hit you too hard in the head with a frying pan at some point, and if not hard enough for your taste, he offers to whack you in the head, on behalf of his witless kinsmen.

However, I see no reference in here, where you offered any violence to the "shardie" orcs or placed any blame on them. Perhaps mo'gluk's brain is freezing up with all this snow? Or maybe his comment was directed to the blind reporter.

-Skylark

P.S. if you encounter any yellow snow, give it a wide berth...and *wave* hi to mo'gluk even if you don't see anyone.

S

SavannahSP

<blockquote><hr>

So, after giving the local orcs their daily thrashing, I set off to explore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh... I re-read the OP and it looks like there was indeed some reference to abusive behaviour towards orcs.

I have absolutely nothing against them -- it's just fun occasionally to poke them with a sharp stick and then try to interpret the noises that come out. Good fun.

Will take the advice about yellow snow to heart. Yuck.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm...I am no expert on orcish, but it sounds as if mo'gluk objects to you blaming your misfortunes on the brainless orcs of the land, that seem to roam with no spirit in them...he suggests someone may have hit you too hard in the head with a frying pan at some point, and if not hard enough for your taste, he offers to whack you in the head, on behalf of his witless kinsmen.

However, I see no reference in here, where you offered any violence to the "shardie" orcs or placed any blame on them. Perhaps mo'gluk's brain is freezing up with all this snow? Or maybe his comment was directed to the blind reporter.

-Skylark

P.S. if you encounter any yellow snow, give it a wide berth...and *wave* hi to mo'gluk even if you don't see anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

All these are false speculations, tis a sign of the return of the True King, the destiny of the Knights of the Silver Serpent to be fulfilled. The Heart of Wintermoor is spreading to the mainland. Oh ye of little faith...

G

Just an FYI from the patch details:

Added snow in the 2d client ONLY
<ul>[*]Display snow tiles where forest areas of the map should be
[*]Change the trees in the forest areas to be hued white
[*]Make the radar display white for the snowy areas
[*]Hued foliage now goes translucent like unhued foliage
[*]Areas where it would normally rain, now have snow[/list]

This means no snow for Daan, and any others who persist in running around in the horror that is the 3D client.

-Skylark

G

<blockquote><hr>

All these are false speculations, tis a sign of the return of the True King, the destiny of the Knights of the Silver Serpent to be fulfilled. The Heart of Wintermoor is spreading to the mainland. Oh ye of little faith...

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like you've eaten one too many Magic Muffins from Iantown.