• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS]Royal Guards FAQ

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From the desk of Seppo...

I noticed some questions and confusion arising from the guard conference. To answer some of the queries I have updated the FAQ section of the website. Here is the summary:

Special FAQ about Royal Guard story line

I have noticed some confusion present amongst people. One of the aims of the guard conference was to clear some of this while moving the story line. So here are some key points,

1) Is this a global event?
No, the guard story line is something I am doing on Baja because of the underlying interest in it amongst the players. There might be guard related arcs popping up on other shards as well but they are not related to one on Baja.

2) Is this going to be strictly RP?
Yes and No. To a large extent this is a Role playing story line. However, there are plans for few mini-events pertaining to training and such.

3) Can I join the guards? What are the restrictions?
Anyone can join as a recruit to the city guard. There are absolutely no requirements at this point, except being a blue. Please understand that there is a fine line which when crossed makes role playing overly complicated and not fun for a fair number of players. As such, faction affiliations are not going to come in play.

4) City guards? Is that different from the Royal Guards?
Yes and no. The city guards is a new regiment that Captain Nystad is developing. They are connected to Royal guards but not directly under their command. Think of different departments in a government.

5) Where can players go to find more information about this arc?
You may find more information pertaining to this on this website or in books locked down at the counselor hall. Obviously attending events related to this and talking with other players would help too. Everything said on the website makes it way to ingame as well. (This FAQ will be copied in a book later as I am at work at the moment)
Conversely, you can also talk to me in game or use the feedback option to ask a question. We appreciate getting your feedback or questions directly.

6) What if I hate the guards and refuse to join them?

Then the answer is very simple, do not join them! Go against them in the spirit of the game! If you would rather not have anything to do with it then remember this is just one of many type of events we are creating. Your niche will be addressed as well!

7) Still confused?
Well, this is still in a very young stage and details are being hammered out. There is bound to be some confusion. Just hang in there.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks, Oriana. I added a few more questions to the other thread. Wasn't sure if they fit here because they're really about the contest to design uniforms for the guard....