• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Royal Guard, Kemer, Dies In Tragic Accident

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sad news of Kemer's untimely demise has just arrived from Ceno [K T]

To the people of Baja I am saddened by the news I must bring to thee, especially after such a short time of the slaying of Clainin. Some of thee may already have heard, but on Sunday, 4/5/09, our beloved Royal Guard of Britannia, Kemer passed away.

He was walking along the edge of Heartwood carrying medicinal herbs to his mother when suddenly he tripped (as he was known to do) and fell over the edge plummeting to the ground below. Without witnesses of his trip no one would have known it was our beloved Kemer for when his body finally hit the ground below he was torn to pieces as he landed on a tree.

Kemer will always be in our memories and our hearts; and will forever be known as one of the greatest guards who loved to eat, and even share with his fellow guards, cookies made by one Lady Magdalena. Magdalena, who was a close friend to Kemer, was there on his final day of guard duty, and with his final message of not knowing if he would be able to return to our lands, left her with a few messages -- One being of his love for one Lady Fern Goodfellow.

I shall always remember eagerly recalling to the West Bank of Britannia to see if Kemer were on duty or not so I may strike up a conversation with him. He talked about many things, especially of his love for Magdalena's ginger bread cookies and chocolate. Or about Xel and his never ending supply of sake.

Kemer will surely be missed, but I shall prefer to remember how he lived. So full of life and energy and and eagerness to help those in peril.

So, here is to thee, Lord Kemer!
* raises a glass of sake high above his head *
TO KEMER!

---------------------------------------------------
Please feel free to share your tributes and/or screenshots of our beloved Kemer.

Annonymous User

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish their were mental images of this floating around that I could see.

Their seems to be a new face at the brit bank as of late. A hooded elf that now has a lord title.

This elf told me his/her mother passed away recently and bestowed apon them
the title of lord. It seems very strange to me that this all started happening shortly after kemer told us he was leaving to take care of his ill mom.

In my opinion All hail lord kemer !

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail Folks,

I am unsure what to make of this tale of Kemer's demise. We are told Clanin is dead, but is it true? We are told Kemer is dead, but is it true? We are told Lord Blackthorn is dead, but is it true? We are told Lord British shall never return, but is it true?

We inhabit Sosaria! We walk among creators of Worlds, where immortality is common!

I for one remain hopeful that all of these, and many more, will one day be returned to us, and I say the sooner the better!!!

Have Faith Folks.

And should it be that these or others are truly forever departed, let us gather stories of their lives, their deeds, and record these in Tomes that they may never be forgotten.

Elladan of Baja

O

OBR Knight Zackarias

Kemer died? I knew he was taking medicines to his mother because she was sick, but I didn't know he died. And Clailin is dead as well? How did that happen? To me... things have been kinda fishy since Casca took over Blackthorn Castle. *squirly senses tinglin* :spider:

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kemer died? I knew he was taking medicines to his mother because she was sick, but I didn't know he died. And Clailin is dead as well? How did that happen? To me... things have been kinda fishy since Casca took over Blackthorn Castle. *squirly senses tinglin* :spider:
Aye, I heard the news from a witness who saw poor Kemer fall to his doom. I believe they saw him eating a gingerbread cookie (most likely made by Magdalena) and carries some herbs towards his sick mothers home.

Clainin was slain by a shadow lord named Melissa (not Mesanna the dev), she used some strange power to get around Clainin's protectors and slit his throat them blew up the building.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sadly I have heard from our UO creators that Clainin is indeed dead. *sighs*

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm still in denial with Kemer's supposed passing! I will say that he's a great drinking partner, he could hold his liquor, and he's a hilarious guy!

Magdalena Chef

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I cannot believe that Kemer, our beloved guard, is lost forever. It has taken me a few days to compose myself and write a something here. I cannot adequately express how I feel.

He was a kind soul who truly cared for the safety of his citizens and a great friend to all. I would recall in to the bank several times a day, just to check and see if he were there. He made the day better.

He has oh... had a wit unmatched by anyone I have met thus far and that was what endeared him to so many. Ah, to jest with him again!

I am glad he found so much enjoyment in my gingerbread cookies, alas, I have not been able to bring myself to bake anymore. The oven stands cold., I simply cannot. And I wish his departure on that last day had been less confusing and more calm. I miss thee terribly Kemer!

*Raises Sake Glass and Cookie*

To thee Sir! Safe travels in the next life! You are missed and loved! We honour thee!