• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Revitalization of Luna

L

Lady Mana

As we're all aware, people have often questioned the state of Luna and compared it to what the West Britain Bank used to be. But Luna isn't all that bad! Special thanks to Ailish, who wrote this great commentary on Luna and its current state of affairs:
<blockquote>

The Revitalization Of Luna

For many months now, Luna has been a mostly quiet place, with merchants' houses sitting empty, idle. Shopping was a painful task; finding what you needed difficult.

Recently, though, something has changed ...

Some shops have traded hands, and others have re-opened their doors to renters with wares to sell. Even as the homes of those branded traitors burn in silent warning, a walk around the city shows new vendors cropping up everywhere.

Today, in the northwest quadrant of the city, there is a bustle of activity with the re-opening of Joanna of PvB's shop. The spaces are filling up quickly and a large variety of goods is available - there seems to be something for everyone!

Turning the corner and heading east you come across the Grand Opening of Nabin's newest house, The Fire Robe Vendor House. Here you can find armor of all sorts, artifacts, and supplies, as well as a few other interesting and useful good.

Right next door to the east, Shop Til You Drop has opened for business, stocking Peerless Ingredients, recipes, repair deed and more. While it is a mere open aired dirt plot, the goods available make it worth a stop.

Into the northeast quadrant, the Imperial Fortress of BDE has began stocking with tokens and a few other high end items. While the vendors here are still a bit scant, there is hope that they will be fully stocked soon.

Directly in the northeast corner of town, there has been alot of new activity, with the opening of Mudd's Market selling many different weapons and armors, as well as most artifacts imaginable. Tucked away right in the corner you will find the newly revitalized Vendor House selling nearly everything imaginable and often renting out new spots at very afordable prices.

Turning the corner and moving south you see that The Foundry has re-opened its doors to business. While today shows many of the vendors on the steps sold out of items, inside you find newly stocked vendors selling wares of all sort.

Moving into the southeast quadrant, again many new vendors are found. Here you find that Joanna has re-opened the PvB Vendor Mall & Auction House. While there is only a single vendor here at this time, I am told that we can expect to see more in the coming weeks. Across the way is The Happy Rose, owned by Acacia Rose with many interesting goodies for sale.

Tucked deep in the corner, and easy to miss if you are not looking for it, is an unnamed shop selling quite a few items including high-end rubble and ingredients, Marks of Travesty and even a Crimson Cincture. Right next door, Vampy's Garden Party Vendors is seeing a new flow of goods, with Runic Hammers, whole sets of resist armor and even some Powder of Fortifying and Pet Balls.

To the west, Medieval Merchants is slowly coming to life selling armor.

Finally, in the southwest, next to the burning rubble of the house of a traitor, you can find Dawn's Vendors, where many crafted goods are to be had.

Yes, it definitely appears that Luna is coming back to life! Perhaps this is only a snapshot of what is happening in the fine Napa Valley ... having seen with sadness the fall of too many homes, we can hope that new friends are arriving and that old friends are coming home.</blockquote>
Luna is definitely the best mall around... and it's sure seen some excitement lately! It used to only have one burning building (thanks to a hostile raid in the city), but now we can add a couple more to the tally. Luna sure needs to upgrade their firefighting team!

Thanks for the report, Ailish! Safe travels, everyone!

G

Good story and an easy to follow guide but I must confess on my opinion about Luna.
Sure you can find almost anything you want but that's about it.
It has the air of a soulless strip mall and all the worst elements of mass consumerism.

Handy and all as it might be, you can find it cheaper outside of Luna nine time out of ten.

Viva la West Brit Bank!

G

Nice article Ailish. Now ya ought to do one (in all that spare time ya have lol) on the old standby Vendor homes in Luna. The ones that have weathered yrs there through all the many changes. Talk to them &amp; see why they have never moved/sold. I know many have been offered huge sums of cash to sell their homes, be nice to see why they didn't.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't forget my little shop!

Next to the North Entrance of Luna you'll find Galbrinth's Goods. I sell some of the best armor and weapons you'll find in Luna. I also specialize in BOD rewards. I almost always have PoF's, CBD's and Tailor/Smith PowerScrolls in stock. Inside, you'll find a complete collection of Runic Hammers for your viewing pleasure and a full set of Dye tubs at your disposal.

Also, if you'd like to place a vendor or two, PM me. I always have spots available.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Great Job!! Great example for everyone as well. When the people of a Shard take it upon themselves to improve things everyone benefits!!!!

Live Work Play Napa!!!!

Lord Nabin

G

Thanks guys. I know the old shops deserve mention ... maybe another time
It just happened that I was stocking a vendor at one of the new places and it was so fun to see 4 other people there doing the same, and this was right after reading the discussions about no news, so I figured "what the heck".

G

lol

I would put in for reporter, but I don't know enough HTML :/

F

five oclock

Luna sure needs to upgrade their firefighting team!&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;Thanks for the report, Ailish! Safe travels, everyone!

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm The luna libary been buring for how many years now? man those books burn slowly

Other than that. Great story!! WOOOT Great to see it

L

Lady Mana

I think everyone is under the misconception that you need to know a lot about HTML to make a news post. It's actually not that hard at all (it even makes it more difficult for you if you use an HTML program like frontpage or dreamweaver).

Think of it as writing a normal article on Word, but instead of using alt-b or alt-i, you put in tags like &lt;b&gt; and &lt;i&gt; and &lt;blockquote&gt;. Like a forum! It just takes a little piece of paper or saved file with some insertation instructions.

Sure you can jazz it up and be all professional if you wanted to, but hardly anyone does that. News is about getting things out fast and timely, and uber HTML takes too much time.

I hope that sways some of you

F

five oclock

hrm..this does sound like something that would be fun to do. ya got nothing to lose.

now if I could only get me spellling down I would be set
btw Yeap I spelled spelling wrong on purpose

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Hi All,

Just wanted to clarify one thing. The Fire Robe Vendors are under exclusive lease to Mayhem and his guild called the VeNgNcE of Napa.

What a great Article!!!!

Lord Nabin
Icq 248-636-691
[email protected]