• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] "R" Hosts Harrower

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Origin Shard Harrower

Hosted by "R", Organized by Morgaine
Wednesday, September 2, 2009​

At 5:30pm Pacific, we all started meeting at a house to await word from Morgaine that "R" had popped the Harrower for us. In addition to "R", Lord Gordon [A.V.] and his super she-dragon, Flower, were on hand to help those who had never been to a Harrower.

While we waited, Morgaine gave everyone last minute tips and instructions ... Then we received word ... the Harrower had popped in Deceit.

We were off to the unknown for many as this was the first Harrower for several in the group.

In preparation for this event, "R" had used blues to set up our outer perimeter so we would be able to easily pass thru their fields to where the Harrower was waiting.

A few minutes into the battle EM Faine Morgan arrived. Without meaning to, the arrival of EM Faine provided a lot of humor as someone (who shall remain nameless, okay Lord Gordon?) in our group asked ... "Who is that EM Faine Morgan? Is that a new faction? Should I attack?"

As the first Harrower started to lose health, the word went out for everyone to pull their pets off once the Harrower was red-lined.

When the True Harrower spawned, those new to the harrower were asked to wait out of range of the tentacles of harrower while those with experience killed took over long enough to kill the tentacles.

With the tentacles gone, the group reentered the area to drop the Harrower.

EM Faine, quite possibly the most exuberant EM in all of UO, cheered the team on.

One all the scrolls were gathered, we headed to the dungeon exit, still wondering if our luck on not being raided was going to hold.

Luck was with us! We quickly gated to Luna Bank. While we awaited the arrival of the scrolls, EM Faine did some quick health checks to ensure she had not injured anyone with her EM pompoms.

Once the scrolls were delivered to Morgaine at Luna, we went to Nujelm to roll dice for them. The Harrower had dropped eleven +25, two +20, and seven +15 stat scrolls.

After the +25's were distributed, there was a dice roll for the 20's.

Crystal Canyon [CCC] presented Morgaine with a gift for Caramon. ;)

Thank you, Morgaine, everyone from "R", Lord Gordon, and everyone else who helped organize this first ever Origin Harrower event. It was a great success!

And thank you, EM Faine Morgan, for taking time out of your currently hectic schedule to come cheer on "Team Origin".

----------------------------------------

Related links:
WOOOOOT! WE DID IT!
Final Meeting for Harrower
A Shard Wide Harrower?

E

Eyes of Origin

Thank you Sara for an awesome report! It was a lot of fun for me to lead a group of players who had never done this before and some who had never even been in the dungeon before!
It was a great success on everyones part. Great Job to all who attended!
I have to say Thank you to my guildmates though for enduring this without being able to kill a single blue lol I appreciate it very much as I am sure the others do. :) Thank you again. You guys were patient and great throughout the event. EM Faine Morgan, You are the best cheerleader a shard could ask for :)

Now to those could be raiders who sat around the Yew gate the whole time we were doing the Harrower... Maybe next time you will be on your toes and checking Fel more often.
Since I know I will get flamed for this, I may as well address it now..
The reason the time and date did not get posted to stratics was NOT because we were afraid to do so. This event was NOT posted as a Public Harrower, but as a Shard Harrower.
Part of the fun of a Harrower is popping it and seeing if you can get away with it, not announcing it to every person in Fel so they can be waiting in the starroom to raid it.
The point to this was one, to see other people have fun doing something in Fel and not get slaughtered for it. Two, we now know that much of you pay no attention what so ever to what is going on in Fel besides what happens in Despise or the Yew gate.
We were disappointed no one raided, but at the same time we found it hilarious that F3AR sat at the Yew gate the whole time this was going on.
Thank you boys and girl(s) for the laughs on that part.

Again, Thank you to everyone who participated. You guys were great. :)

mbraud4

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe you guys should grow a set and post a harry if you really want a fight instead of talking **** on here. Lol we were xfering stuff in from other shards last night, wasnt worried about checking spawns. But either way you guys look silly over this, not us....lmao...

E

Eyes of Origin

LOL Really? Is that how you look at it? Interesting... Next time "R" does a Harrower, we will post everything for everyone and you can ally the whole shard to come raid us yippieeeeeee sounds like fun huh? :)
The silly ones are the ones who ran circles around the Yew gate house last night on suited chars while we were in Deceit.
Read the whole post Willy Wally... this was a SHARD event, not an R only event and no one ever said it was a PUBLIC Harrower, just a SHARD event. If you wanted to be involved you should've been paying attention to what was going on around you on this shard. There were plenty of posts made on the boards and in game about the event. If I wanted everyone involved to get slaughtered and not have the element of surprise that is suppose to come with a harrower, I would've posted everything.

mbraud4

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well if you werent too busy being a trammy, last night we were xfering gear and pets and other **** in from off shard, werent fighting, we were carrying **** from banks and handling business like that, had a real Fel based guild been running this they would have announced b/c thats what real guilds do, not pansy ass guilds. Regardless what is this allying the whole shard? We didnt ally anyone except our other characters that were already here. Once again Morgaine knows it all but looks like a dumbass to everyone except her friends. IDC rly, this is rather laughable.

mbraud4

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hasnt been completed yet This was just a final meeting with everyone involved to make sure they knew what to expect when it does happen and make sure they were all on the same page.
Sara, the shard reporter will be there and I am sure she will post on it when its done, as well as myself and maybe some others. Keep in eye out, you should hear something in about hmmm *looks at calendar* a week. *evil grin*

You posted that yesterday morning, a week huh? You are so full of ****, you didnt want a fight b/c R cant handle a fight against the shard. It woulda been a real disappointing slaughter of unecesaary people. So you shoulda just saved face and left it for what it was. But instead you come here and call out a guild who was xfering **** over last night all night, had you called out a harry we would have put that on hold on that no doubt. But you knew better than to do something like that b/c you would have hated to be embarassed.

E

Eyes of Origin

You can stop posting William, seriously. You missed the opportunity regardless of what you were doing. You are mad that I posted that we saw you doing nothing at the gate.
You miss the whole point..... I wouldnt have cared if we were raided, but this wasnt about "R" this was about others on the shard. Please get over it William, you are making yourself look like an a$$.
LOL Yes I was deceptive in my post to the final meeting thread.. Since Sara is a busy person and now has a family tragedy to deal with, there is a huge possibility that this wouldnt have been posted until next week. Dont ruin the thread with your anger. :) Have a goodnight Willy Wally. Better luck next time. Enough said.
*edit* Side note - please please come to Pac to fight us. :) :) :) :) :)

C

Crystal Canyon

Well if you werent too busy being a trammy, last night we were xfering gear and pets and other **** in from off shard, werent fighting, we were carrying **** from banks and handling business like that, had a real Fel based guild been running this they would have announced b/c thats what real guilds do, not pansy ass guilds. Regardless what is this allying the whole shard? We didnt ally anyone except our other characters that were already here. Once again Morgaine knows it all but looks like a dumbass to everyone except her friends. IDC rly, this is rather laughable.
Hmmmm...could this be one of those little known symptoms of male PMS, otherwise known as "PvP Motor-mouth Syndrome?

See Sara, PMS can affect alot of people in different ways and have totally different meanings...LOL :D

mbraud4

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whatever the syndrome may be, it still doesnt erase thae fact that R does not really want a fight, but its w/e, I am done here on this subject, MG cant flaunt here but everyone rly pvps knows that R is not a concern.

C

Crystal Canyon

Whatever the syndrome may be, it still doesn't erase the fact that R does not really want a fight, but its w/e, I am done here on this subject, MG cant flaunt here but everyone rly pvps knows that R is not a concern.
I totally disagree with you and strongly feel that the problem here lies more in the fact that while you guys were doing whatever, we managed to complete a Harry.

You missed the subtle hints and didn't pay enough attention to the boards. Morgaine totally threw you and alot of others off guard. To those of us who did attend, that fact in itself made it all worth while and that much more enjoyable. Don't worry there will be other times for you to grab the opportunity. Just pay closer attention next time. :thumbsup:

Stussywear

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Today, I had a group event with FFBZ AND EM NOBODYCARES! I killed all the mongbats around Moonglow Moongate! We got 11 Gold PIECES! ONE FOR EVERYONE THERE! Plus we rolled on the chicken legs.

I dont see what this giant celebration is about. It cracks me up how terrified some of you are of felucca. You lose the same if you die to a player or a monster, whats the big deal. I dont understand whats so horribly scary about having fun by playing against other players.

Give me a break!:danceb:

C

Crystal Canyon

Today, I had a group event with FFBZ AND EM NOBODYCARES! I killed all the mongbats around Moonglow Moongate! We got 11 Gold PIECES! ONE FOR EVERYONE THERE! Plus we rolled on the chicken legs.

I dont see what this giant celebration is about. It cracks me up how terrified some of you are of felucca. You lose the same if you die to a player or a monster, whats the big deal. I dont understand whats so horribly scary about having fun by playing against other players.

Give me a break!:danceb:
I dont believe anyone that was there is the least bit "scared" of you or anyone else in Fel. The main difference between fighting monsters and fighting other players is that monsters in the game dont have that dreaded PMS ( PVP Motor Mouth Syndrome) that a lot of you in Fel seem to suffer from. Some of us just dont choose to pay for a game where we have to constantly listen to it.

Stussywear

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont believe anyone that was there is the least bit "scared" of you or anyone else in Fel. The main difference between fighting monsters and fighting other players is that monsters in the game dont have that dreaded PMS ( PVP Motor Mouth Syndrome) that a lot of you in Fel seem to suffer from. Some of us just dont choose to pay for a game where we have to constantly listen to it.

Like you'd know who talks trash and who doesn't. Tonight is probably one of the 5 times you've left Luna, since Malas was brought to Ultima Online. I guess the problem is you are suffering from having PMS also! Although I believe the one you suffer from is PMS (Pretty Much Sucking).

So continue with your social profiling, you bigot. And please, keep up the excuses why you dont play in Felucca. The real reason is you suck.

Multani

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

C

Crystal Canyon

Like you'd know who talks trash and who doesn't. Tonight is probably one of the 5 times you've left Luna, since Malas was brought to Ultima Online. I guess the problem is you are suffering from having PMS also! Although I believe the one you suffer from is PMS (Pretty Much Sucking).

So continue with your social profiling, you bigot. And please, keep up the excuses why you dont play in Felucca. The real reason is you suck.
Oh you poor guy, here we go again proving once more that you have over looked vital information in the game. First you miss the clues to the Harrower and now this! That has to suck for you!

*Whispers in Stussys ear* Crystal Canyon has been to Fel many times and fought in Pvp situations, but poor you dont know who her character is.

ROFL...your a trip!

C

Crystal Canyon

Multani... I dont care who you are,thats just too dang funny!!!!

gunneroforgin

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The key to any military campain is deception and it seems to have been pulled off with great success for this Harry. I am totaly sorry I had to miss it. Judging from the the pics it looks like it was fun.

Stussywear

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh you poor guy, here we go again proving once more that you have over looked vital information in the game. First you miss the clues to the Harrower and now this! That has to suck for you!

*Whispers in Stussys ear* Crystal Canyon has been to Fel many times and fought in Pvp situations, but poor you dont know who her character is.

ROFL...your a trip!
You're all about secrets. *Whispers in Crystal's ear* That doesnt make you cool, it show's youre afraid.

I'm done talking to you, you're a mosquito bite, I'm done scratching.

If you want to announce your felucca played characters, I'd be glad to look for you.