• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Pirate Sightings

S

Stupid Miner

Taken from: http://www.emquantum.com/LakeSuperior/

It has recently come to my attention that there have been many sightings of pirates in recent days. Most reports seem to be originating from Vesper and, of course, Buc’s Den.

The Merchant Navy in Vesper is getting restless, having lost upwards of five ships already, and I am afraid they will mobilize and take drastic action against these vicious bands of corsairs.

I plea with you all, help me investigate the sources of these rumors. So far most information I’ve received has come in the form of an old rambling drunk that wanders around Britain, named Jonas Grumby. How trustworthy his information is, or his own involvement, I do not yet comprehend.

Until next time, stay safe on the seas!

omggrok

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've searched around Fel Bucc's Den and both Tram/Fel Vesper, to no avail.

Cannot seem to find the NPC in Britain, either. Any help?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I cant find em either I give up lol

omggrok

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Updated:
All NPCs found in TRAM.

Captain Tobias Rackam - found in Vesper, toward the docks, in the "Vesper Customs" building. Another guillotine outside. Responds to his name with "I'm quite busy", to "pirates" with a speech about losing four ships, and a fifth being missing - further investigation provides info that the "O'Malley group" is giving him trouble, and to "Jonas Grumby" with a speech about how it's a shame that he hung up his lifestyle before he could be hung.

White Wash John - found in Buccaneer's Den, in the bathhouse. He responds to his own name, "pirate" and "pirates", though doesn't say anything interesting, aside from hinting that he himself is a pirate.

I

Infiniti

Michel Nontink in Brit reacts to "pirates" saying they have been there at the Blue Boar.

Ivonna Seasmore

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Go to Vesper Beach Tram there is a **** that has almost sank...it might be something important to look at....

I

Infiniti

In NuJel'm: Lady OMally, response to "pirates", Aye, the vicious lot of poxy dogs! Response to "Jonas Grumby", Never heard of him!

J

jp78

I have checked round Vesper beach south of Vesper where the Vesperian Merchant Ship Wreckage is located an also took a boat out around the area an haven't seen anything. Been checking on it regularly now for a few days. Don't like missing events so any clues on whats goin on?

D

DevofLS

Funny thing about Jonas Grumby, That is the name of The Skipper on Gilligan's island!