• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News]Orion the Haunted

Legends News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Orion the Haunted

In recent weeks travelers of the Felucca facet have been witness to random attacks by an unknown evil. Disappearances have been reported in the area of the Yew tombs along with murderous attacks of citizens in and around the Yew Moongate. This, while almost a daily occurrence in this area, became a much more suspicious activity as large hordes of beasts and otherwise uncontrolable creatures have been seen in the areas forests. Eyewitnesses and survivors have attributed these heinous acts and otherworldy abilities to one called Orion the Haunted. Spotted for the first time mere weeks ago, accounts proclaim the dark warrior showed himself along the battle lines of the Yew Gate, challenging those in eyes view to witness his coming and tremble in its wake. Shaking him off as if the areas newest boastful warrior their naiveness was their undoing as soon the entire areas' forces lay in waste along the fields.

Attempts to follow the dark one has led scouts to the Yew Crypts. As days past his emergence grew more often and soon he willingly bared the mark of the Shadowlords. Adorning armour and weapons seemingly crafted by the omnipitent ones themselves several attacks by the lone warrior were carried out. Opponents are seemingly unable to even lay a hand on this foe. Growing in confidence open warfare soon emerged with attacks on all opposing faction forces in the realm. Unknown were the purpose of the attacks, the scene of chaos feeding the frenzy of battle seemed the only thing to please the dark one. With the recent defeat of the Shadowlord plot in the realm one can only hope our victory was complete. Such evil wandering the realm cannot bode well.

Garnering the realms attention was this most recent attack. Otherwise almost unnoteworthy, this week's attack on the headquarters of the True Britannians showed the growing power of Orion as he lay siege on the city of Britain. Grasping the sigils from their monoliths around the realm and guarding them with monstrous undead bone daemons, attention was drawn to the Crypts as Orion himself and his forces of daemons and giant black scorpions took control of the base ransacking it in Britain. Guards were no match as the castle was turned upside down as the evil leader seemed to search for an unfound item. Cursing and furiously waging war bodies soon covered the streets and forces of the True Brits fought well to the end to hold off the coming of certain death as Orion's objective was not met. Late arrivals from the forces of Minax and the Council of Mages were able to clear the town upon his departure. Reports of a curious necklaced gem being recovered have yet to be confirmed. Word has been sent to the Queen in hopes of reinforcements and information regarding this dark warriors identity or origins.

More...

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am told that the battles surrounding Orion the Haunted were fierce, indeed. The report was sent to me by way of a letter from an unknown source and I pass it along to you, citizens of Legends, to prepare you for the battles ahead. Orion the Haunted will not stop his deadly hunt until the items he needs are found, I believe. They must be very precious items, indeed, to go to all this fuss and bother! I have information that leads to the speculation of a blackrock necklace, last seen adorning the neck of a very large black rat scampering about Castle British. I cannot, however, confirm this story at this time.

To those that held him at bay during the siege of Brit my congratulations, as he sounds to be a very daunting foe. As always, to the victors some spoils, and once again Old Man River invited me to his home where the following items are proudly on display, taken from the corpses of the vanquished.

(items are center in picture below)

Demon Wind

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have heard of the battles you speak of. Sadly I was not able to make it in time but I have seen a necklace taken from a vanquished creature on a True Britainian. His name I will speak only after I ask his permission.

Demon Wind

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone seen Orion of late? Maybe we scared him away ? Let's hope he comes more often has been boring of late :)