• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Origin to be Published

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Origin to be Published
Jeremy Dalberg
02 Jul 2008
14:40:08

At 3:00PM EST today, Origin will be published with Pub 54. To see the full patch notes, clicky here! http://update.uo.com/design_593.html

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A little late with this one... :)

But its on Origin today (Wednesday), would it be reasonable to expect it on regular shards by Friday, or will we probably have to wait until early next week?

D

Deb

Hopefully, Origin will not find any bugs and then we can get it on Friday,
or maybe even tomorrow:mf_prop:

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Come on EA, rush it out! As long as the curse fix works correctly just give it to regular shards then fix the other bugs as necessary! I'll settle for the turn-in being completely broken, the rewards are trash anyways, I just want my curse fixed. :p

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
A little late with this one... :)

But its on Origin today (Wednesday), would it be reasonable to expect it on regular shards by Friday, or will we probably have to wait until early next week?
Hey have you SEEN the Herald?? OMG Jeremy has me workin overtime on this latest event holy cow..and due to the fact that I have to post not only HERE but into NewsPro so it gets put on the front page I get a tad bit behind..SORRY :heart:

Love you guys!! REALLY I do I"m tryin!!!!

D

DarkScripture

It needs a hot fix on the summon creatures and the targeting warp that come with the patch. NOT GOOD!!!!!

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It needs a hot fix on the summon creatures and the targeting warp that come with the patch. NOT GOOD!!!!!
You ever think that maybe they INTENDED for summoned creatures not to be used as meatshields now? And spamming about this in every topic with the word "patch" in it will probably not help.

D

DarkScripture

You ever think that maybe they INTENDED for summoned creatures not to be used as meatshields now? And spamming about this in every topic with the word "patch" in it will probably not help.
I DON'T think so. We have 5 pages of patch notes, no word for that. No if they do they what about the tamers??? I don't whine often here but I do think it is an oversight. Why add yet another tamer buff so to speak? I have a tamer and this has nothing to do with tamers, only that tamed creatures are not effected.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I DON'T think so. We have 5 pages of patch notes, no word for that. No if they do they what about the tamers??? I don't whine often here but I do think it is an oversight. Why add yet another tamer buff so to speak? I have a tamer and this has nothing to do with tamers, only that tamed creatures are not effected.
Just because it wasn't in the patch notes doesn't mean it wasn't intended. Remember the change to Doom bosses a while back? (can't be lured out of their rooms) That change wasn't in the patch notes at first.

A

Azureal

Just because it wasn't in the patch notes doesn't mean it wasn't intended. Remember the change to Doom bosses a while back? (can't be lured out of their rooms) That change wasn't in the patch notes at first.
Yeah, because they forgot to put it in there. The patch goes live and UHall explodes with outraged players. Jeremy pops in, smacks down an apology to calm everyone down, and things cool off.

You think theyd learn their listen though, right? Instead of sneaking in "intended" fixes? Naive much?

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The remaining daily rares (Khaldun hay and Ilshenar broken chair) still not added to the turn in list, it seems.

D

DarkScripture

The remaining daily rares (Khaldun hay and Ilshenar broken chair) still not added to the turn in list, it seems.
I agree these should be added. They also should be worth a little more. Hay must be collected in Felucia risk vs reward after-all.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree these should be added. They also should be worth a little more. Hay must be collected in Felucia risk vs reward after-all.
... agree. And the chair spawns in Ilshenar in a no recall in area. Paragons on the way may get you.
Also both items (as are the Full Jars) are one of kind per day items.
*Salute*
Olahorand

L

Lord Kynd

so much for house deeds being worth anything point wise :(
darned whiners

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, because they forgot to put it in there. The patch goes live and UHall explodes with outraged players. Jeremy pops in, smacks down an apology to calm everyone down, and things cool off.

You think theyd learn their listen though, right? Instead of sneaking in "intended" fixes? Naive much?
Learn to listen? You don't know by now that the devs don't listen well?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I'm just now getting around to testing some of the trade-ins and the halloween candy is an issue. You made it so the Ophidian Rations could be handed in at 1-5 and 100? Pile increments, not the same with the candy. I'm having to turn in one piece at a time, pulling from a stack of 100 is gonna take me ages.

Also Buford is not taking the plague beast cores or the crystal items

M

Muu Bin

I'm just now getting around to testing some of the trade-ins and the halloween candy is an issue. You made it so the Ophidian Rations could be handed in at 1-5 and 100? Pile increments, not the same with the candy. I'm having to turn in one piece at a time, pulling from a stack of 100 is gonna take me ages.

Also Buford is not taking the plague beast cores or the crystal items
ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING! One Halloween candy at a time? I have calculated that I have over 300k points in these things and some genius on the Dev team actually thought that one at a time was a good idea? Likely it is more along the lines of they didn't "think" about it in the first place. C'mon you guys... people have been posting about this very thing since the list of Phase 3 turn-ins was released.

Jeremy... any thoughts on this? Complete oversight on the Dev team or some other reason that has no logical explanation?

THANK YOU ALL ON ORIGIN FOR THE LIVE TESTING!!! :party:

Pickaxe Pete

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One Halloween candy at a time? I have calculated that I have over 300k points in these things and some genius on the Dev team actually thought that one at a time was a good idea?
Actually, I think it is a pretty good idea. The reason is that a lot of people have stacks with massive quantities of these. It becomes an investment of time to turn them all in, hopefully discouraging some from even bothering with them, thus preventing a huge flood of points. Ease of getting item vs. ease of turning in. E.g., Doom artifacts are hard to get yet easy to turn in (one item), candy was super easy to get yet harder to turn in (time sink).

I think it is pretty well-thought-out.

M

Muu Bin

Actually, I think it is a pretty good idea. The reason is that a lot of people have stacks with massive quantities of these. It becomes an investment of time to turn them all in, hopefully discouraging some from even bothering with them, thus preventing a huge flood of points. Ease of getting item vs. ease of turning in. E.g., Doom artifacts are hard to get yet easy to turn in (one item), candy was super easy to get yet harder to turn in (time sink).

I think it is pretty well-thought-out.
I see your point with regards to how easy the Halloween candies were to get (i.e. given away from every NPC when asked for) and little if no risk (other than getting a trick and blowing up). In fact one Doom/ Virtue artifact = 200 Halloween candies and I think it would be much easier to get 200 candies than 1 of those artifacts.

However, I still find it a little difficult to accept the fact that the Development team would set up the ophidian rations (stackable) to be donated in bunches and leave out the candies (also stackable). The concept of a "time sink" doesn't seem to have come into play with the ophidian rations and they were and are still quite easy to obtain. What benefit would the Development team get out of people spending hours on end donating individual candies instead of actually playing UO and even participating in the current event (if they so choose).

I will continue to hold out hope that they will modify this as they did with the ophidian rations:bowdown:

Pickaxe Pete

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will continue to hold out hope that they will modify this as they did with the ophidian rations
They might! And, I would not mind since I have thousands of these too. However, I still think the time to turn them in evens up the effort involved versus other turn-ins. If it were too easy, the servers could be flooded with quick Halloween points! :D

K

Kensai Tsunami

nice balance between bug fixes and fluff
o course there are many many many more bugs that need to be addressed but this is the best balance to date imo
thx for finally listening to the players/salary-payers
some old bugs get the boot with this one
thank you EA

oh and yes, give us the ability to turn in candy like rations!
uh ...duh?

D

Deb

They might! And, I would not mind since I have thousands of these too. However, I still think the time to turn them in evens up the effort involved versus other turn-ins. If it were too easy, the servers could be flooded with quick Halloween points! :D

I sure hope they do as my poor wrists see enough clicking with this event.:stretcher:
They should be like the rations for sure.

D

Deb

Just a tiny little bump in hopes a dev sees this thread. Still
hoping they change the turnin quantities for candy.:please:

D

Deb

I know Jeremy is on vacation:( and it is a Monday after a long
weekend, but has there been any posts regarding the change to the candy hand ins?

Boy,I sure miss that find Developer posts feature (Hint Hint)