• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Ophidians Attack !

G

<html> <head> <meta content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1" http-equiv="content-type"> <title></title> </head> <body> <table style="width: 85%; text-align: left;" border="3" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="2"> <tbody> <tr> <td style="background-color: rgb(204, 204, 204); vertical-align: top;">
<div style="text-align: center;">

<div style="text-align: left;"> <div style="text-align: center;"><span style="font-family: arial;">Hear ye, hear ye, hear ye !!! This report is from the <a target="_blank" href=http://town.uo.com/bnn/article_533.html>Britannia News Network</a> - Ophidians Attack !!!

</span> <div style="text-align: left;"><span style="font-family: arial;"></span><span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">Ophidians Attack!</span><br style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"> <span style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">Saax Pannae Jul 7 2006 7:41PM
</span><br style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"> <br style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"> <span style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">Sneaking around and slinking up behind unsuspecting victims, Ophidians have invaded several areas of Britannia and seem to be attacking citizens at random. No pattern has yet been established for who they are attacking or why. According to eye witness reports, the Ophidians seem to be searching for someone in particular, but refuse to say who. Knowledge on why these overgrown snakes are roaming around on the outskirts of our fair towns and villages is scarce, though there may be a connection to the recent rash of missing persons reports originating from the cutpurse community.</span><br style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"> <br style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"> <span style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">Even the well fortified source of most of Britannia’s fighting population isn’t immune from these forays. Serpent’s Hold has reported Ophidians roughing up sketchy looking characters outside of the castle gates, though the snakes have yet to make any attempt to attack the Hold itself. Ophidian behavior is exceedingly difficult to predict, but there is hope that these minor incursions are not an omen of something much worse to come.</span><br style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"> <br style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"> <span style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">Notoriously reclusive, Ophidians are not known for traveling much farther than the mountain pass that leads to their home. Almost all contact with the Ophidians in recent years has been met with violence, as if they are protecting something of great value.</span><br style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"> <br style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"> <span style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">Papua, being the closest human settlement to Ophidian territory, has for years been wary of having the ferocious looking snakes only a short horseback ride away. Lost Lands experts who are native to Papua believe that the Ophidians are not likely to be a major threat unless first provoked, however this recent activity calls that assumption into question. An Ophidian invasion does not yet seem imminent, though the pickpockets of Britannia may not necessarily agree with that assessment.</span><br style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"> <br style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"> <span style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">In any case, BNN will be sure to stay on top of this developing story. Neither rain, nor sleet, nor snow, or even a bunch of overgrown marauding snakes shall keep us from delivering the latest news directly to you.</span>

I went to investigate! I searched the great lands and came upon these evil Ophidians at the Vesper Graveyard. They were no match for my fierce hiryu, Skittles. If you venture out, be cautious because you may run into these vile creatures when you least expect it. There has also been a few reports of paragon Ophidians joining in on this attack!

<span style="font-family: arial;"></span></div> <span style="font-family: arial;"></span></div> <div style="text-align: center;"><span style="font-family: arial;">
</span>
<span style="font-family: arial;"></span></div> <span style="font-family: arial;">
</span></div> </div> </td> </tr> </tbody> </table>
</body> </html>

G

Eeep! Vile creatures. Thanks for the report, Sevi!

Oh, and by the way, as an expert veterinarian, I recommend that you ensure that neither Skittles, nor Mahni Mahni receives a diet too high in snake, as I am certain this will lead to excessive digestive distress, and embarrassing "deposit" incidents in Zento. This goes for everyone else! I'm trying to be proactive.

Skylark
City Dog Catcher, Secretary to the Mayor
ZNTO

G

Skylark

Apparently you are unaware that most hiryus have IBS.
Please read about it here.

I

imported_Daan Mor

Whos the dead guy at Skara Crossroads then? With the thingy next to him that says 'This is as far as you can go... for now'
Whats all that about? eh? eh?

M

marichessy

Indeed very interesting news. I have am quite curious as to the reasons for the normally shy, reclusive creatures being in the city.

Thank you for this report !