• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Notes on Interacting With Us, by EM Seppo

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
from goldenbrewtavern.com

Notes on interacting with us
Saturday, September 26, 2009
By EMSeppo

I am making this post to address some recent controversies in the community. I hope that it will act as a helpful guidance when defining your expectations of interaction with the event moderators.

1) We will not acknowledge your character’s claims if you role play a character that either depicts an official character or significantly alters the existing Ultima lore. In such cases, most likely we will be left with little choice but to ignore it completely.

2) We will not plan a plot with another player in advance. I understand that it is not uncommon amongst role players to agree on an overarching plot. However, everything we do has to be equally accessible to all.

3) While we fully agree that you are free to be anything you wish, we also think that you should be very careful before using one of our characters or an existing official character to further your story line. If you do so, then be open to the possibility that our character does not go along with what you had in mind. Points 1 and 2 are applicable here.

The above points are not meant to discourage you from interacting with us. We try our best to interact with you in most situations but you must keep in mind that this will not necessarily be on your terms or expectations. We do have to juggle a quite a few factors and time is always a concern. As a rule of thumb, if you decide to role play something that requires our assistance or intervention, then you should pause and reconsider. I hope that this serves as some sort of a helpful guideline on this matter.

Finally, I hope that everyone can move past any and all existing issues and come together for the next arc of EM events on Baja.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That sounds fair to me.

I just hope that we can get this all worked out with as little drama as possible, and in a manner where everyone is happy.