• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Newbies in Training Present The Nude Race of The Dungeons

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Newbies In Training would like to present their first ever event;
Nude Race of the Dungeons
Tuesday, August 11th, at 6pm Pacific. (7pm Mountain, 8pm Central, 9pm Eastern)

This event will be free to all who attend and participate.

The event will start at the Village of the Newbies, where everyone will be give detailed rules. Everyone will receive a book that will hold hints to where they must go in the first dungeon. After everyone has had a chance to read over the first set of clues, and all the rules have been gone over, there will be gates provided to the first dungeon. Once you get to the dungeon you must follow the hints that will lead you to your check point. At each check point your name will be recorded, you will receive another book, and a gate will be opened to the next dungeon. You will continue to follow the hints until you are finally gated back to the start point. This event will only be on the Trammel facet.

Prizes
3rd Place 1 Million GOLD
2nd Place 2 Million GOLD
1st Place 5 Million GOLD

The Village of the Newbies is located to the north of Luna, right outside the wall.

Rules:

1. You MUST be completely nude from start to finish: You may not wear any armor, robes, cloaks, tallies, shields or jewelry. You may wear shoes (that do not have stats), and you may use a weapon or spell book.

2. You MUST run the race alive from start to finish: Everyone must
complete the race alive. This does not mean you will be disqualified if you die. Everyone will be given an item, which cannot be insured, that they must bring to the end of the race. So in the event that someone is killed you must find a rez and get back to your body to continue the race. You may rez each other or get a rez from the people at the checkpoints.

3. You MAY carry any item you wish as long as it is not on your person: This includes, but is no limited to, regs, band aids, pots, apples, trap boxes, and petals.

4. You are NOT allowed to stealth: There will be no stealthing. You MAY hide or invis but you may not stealth at all.

5. No Animal forms allowed: You may NOT use any animal or necro form.

6. No pets, or mounts: You may NOT use any pets to help you through out the race. You may not use any type of mount. This race is to be done on foot only.

7. You MAY use summons such as earth eles, energy vortex, and demons.

8. Peacemaking will be allowed: You may peace and/or area peace as long as no cheats are used to break the timer. Just remember you will not only be helping yourself but anyone else who follows you if you use peace.

9. Any form of cheating or exploit is strictly prohibited and will result in immediate disqualification, as well as banning from this and any future N^T tournaments or events.

These rules are just basic guidelines. We reserve the right to disqualify anyone from the event for any form of nuisance, at our discretion.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sweet.

This sounds like a riot. Count me in if I can make it to that time. A shame it isn't in Fel though, think of all the chaos that would ensue.

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mine will be there too if RL doesn't get in the way. I will try my darndest not to stealth but everyone knows that is second nature to me. *grin* I can think of a lot of male players who are going to be way in back so they can be checking out our backsides. Are you sure we can't wear a skirt?

Airhaun

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah... the stuffy dungeon air on the bare skin, the taunting of monsters in a most vulnerable state, the challenge.. the race!

Sounds like a blast!

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mine will be there too if RL doesn't get in the way. I will try my darndest not to stealth but everyone knows that is second nature to me. *grin* I can think of a lot of male players who are going to be way in back so they can be checking out our backsides. Are you sure we can't wear a skirt?
We can always hang back, Mama Faith, and enjoy the scenic route, too. ;) Won't be quite as good a Wrangler pockets sitting on the corrals around the chutes, but ...

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We can always hang back, Mama Faith, and enjoy the scenic route, too. ;) Won't be quite as good a Wrangler pockets sitting on the corrals around the chutes, but ...
*LOL* Oh my! That literally made me *sigh* out loud. I may be very married and can't touch but I won't quit looking until I'm 6 feet under.

V

Village Idiot

although I love Fel events I didn't think this would be a good one to try. All those nude people would just be sitting ducks. We ran this event on another shard and it was a blast.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was thinking more along the lines of casting fields on each other to slow others down and paralyzes.

But I'm interested in the event despite it not being in Fel, so perhaps you've been a bit harsh towards me before I've even done anything?

If anything, your haphazard comment makes me want to participate all the more to prove you wrong.

I'll see you there.

L

Lady Tiger

The village is very cute...everyone needs to check out the work that was done to make it.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Craps, I can't make it anymore. Didn't see it coming from so far off.

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is gonna be fun. I cleared my night, disrobed and I'm anxiously awaiting the starting gun. :thumbup:

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I hope everyone has fun. I will be unable to make due to a regular event elsewhere.

WildStar

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There hasn't been a post as to the winners but I'm sure that's on the way. I had so much fun at this event though I wasn't able to finish it. The first dungeon we were in saw me doing a face plant with 5-6 fire elementals standing over me. The second dungeon did me in for good. After being chased by numerous gargoyles, I succumbed to their magery. I wasn't able to find a rez and since my body decayed, there was no chance of bringing back the cloth as proof of doing the race. Fantastic job in planning this and I thank you for it. In the words of our precious Xel (though I did take some liberties) ...we laughed, we cried, we cussed, we died. That was a blast!

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A shame I couldn't make it, but I am also anxiously awaiting the News Report! Not just to see who won, but also to see naked dead corspes everywhere.

For some odd reason, I get a kick out of that. =]

Airhaun

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think I finished 4th... I don't know. When I arrived at the finish line I asked the NT member there what I had placed. His only response was that the 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place winners had already arrived. I asked again... this time no response.

Great event guys! But you sure did put up a lot of gold and work into the event to not have feedback for the particpants and spectators.

I've checked this thread a few times to see the results but nothing.... strange.

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Newbies in Training
Nude Race of the Dungeons

The event started with the entrants meeting at The Village of the Newbies​

where Nyoka [N^T] explained the event rules and handed out our event packet which contained a piece of specially colored cloth which would have to turned in at the end of the event, and a book with the first clue, 'Your first check point will be found along with The Lord of the Mists'.​

We were then gated to the start, which was inside the top of Fire Dungeon, where many of us, including myself, crashed as we went through the gate. When I was able to get logged back in, most of the contestants had started the run to find Check Point One, which was in the lower level of Fire Dungeon.​

At Check Point One we were handed a book with clue 2, and given a gate to top of Hythloth Dungeon. Clue 2 was, 'All you need to do is find your way out. The next check point is in the first room of the dungeon. *NOTE* you must run from the place you are gated to the check point.' The hint sounded easy enough until one realized what all you have to run through in Hythloth! This was the part of the dungeon run that was the end of many of the competitors, including myself ... I couldn't stay alive long enough to get to my body to retrieve my reagents or the cloth to turn in at the finish.​

At check point two, survivors were given a 3rd clue, 'This is your last clue. You are almost there. Just find the oasis and your gate to the end. Then the gate to the Ophidian in the desert of the Lost Lands opened. From there it was a run to the Oasis for a gate back to the starting point, the Village of the Newbies.​

There were 25 entries who started the naked dungeon run, the winners were:​
Tek-Knowledge-G ... 1st place, 5 million gold
DeadlyAthenasaur ... 2nd place, 3 million gold
chubby skywalker ... 3rd place, 1 million gold​

Thank you, Newbies in Training, for sponsoring this fun event!​

It was only after the race was over for me that I realized when I crashed on the 2nd gate, my screenshot program had also crashed.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awesome report Sara!! It was a lot of fun. I too didn't finish (darn gargoyles!!) But still was a hoot running around finding the clues and dieing lots!

Well done Newbies in Training, Thanks for the fun!!

V

Village Idiot

I just wanted to thank everyone who showed up and was willing to die in the name of fun. congrats to Shanna, Athena, and Chubby of PvM for walking away a little richer. Hope to see you at our next event, what ever it maybe. I am still throwing some ideas around in my head atm but it will be posted as soon as its all figured out.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congrats to the winners and to the Newbies in Training too. I think we're all looking forward to the next fun filled event y'all present.