• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Moonglow Spring Festival (Planning Meeting)

G

<center><font size=+2>Moonglow Spring Festival</font></center>
<center><font size=+2>(Planning Meeting)</font></center>

<center><font size=+1 color=blue><u>Friday March 28th 2008</u></font></center>
<center><font size=+1 color=blue><u>9pm at the Moonglow Counselors Hall</u></font></center>
<center>(just North of the Moonglow Bank)</center>

<center>
</center>

<center>Calling all past Past, Present, and Future Moonglow Spring Festival Folk</center>

T'is that time again to begin plans for our annual Moonglow Spring Festival. The call goes out across our Chesapeake shard to start planning for this fanstastic event. It is an Absolute Blast and keeps getting better every year. Calling all Towns, all Guilds, all Races. Anyone interested in helping, donating, or event hosting: Please join us.

<u>Our itenerary from last year:</u>

<ul>[*] Openning Ceremony
[*] Bunny Bash
[*] Moonglow Regatta
[*] Tournament of Champions
[*] (Tournament continues)
[*] Orc Bowling
[*] Dungeon Crawl[/list]

<ul>[*] Scavenger Hunt
[*] Colored Egg Hunt
[*] Colored Net Toss
[*] Pet Addoption
[*] Around the World Race
[*] Cow Tipping
[*]Prize Announcements for Writing Contest and Fishing Tournament[/list]

To overview last year's event click on <a target="_blank" href=http://boards.stratics.com/php-bin/arcpub/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=uochesapeakeUO&Number=4286499&Forum=f277&Words=Moonglow&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=4286483&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=&daterange=1&newerval=2&newertype=y&olderval=9&oldertype=m&bodyprev=#Post4286499>Rainbows over Moonglow</a>

We are sure that most of our past hosts will want a hand in these events again, but there is no reason we can't have more. Some additional suggestions that were given last year were:

Murder Mystery
'Deal or No Deal' or Black Jack
Sheep Sheering Contest
PvP Event (On Moonglow Fel)

Any other ideas? Post here! Anyone that is unable to make the planning session - yes, post here! -and of course, additional chitchat, discussion, details, indeed this is the place...all are welcome!

I

imported_Gwyneth

Looks like I posted my query too soon! So glad to see the planning meeting announced!

L

Lady Katherine

I am sure it is the first item on the agenda for the planning meeting, but do we have a rough idea of when it is going to take place?

G

The last two years we have held it the last weekend of April, so personally, I will be shooting for around April 26 &amp; 27 - somewhere in there. "April Showers Bring May Flowers."

btw - Green Dragon contributed this from U-Tube last year on the discussion page and it might be a great idea for a "theme" this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcOZ6xFxJqg

I

imported_Winfield

I'm on a fishing trip unfortunately, so can't make the first planning meeting.

End of April sounds wonderful!! I'll help all I can.

Winfield, Old Man

G

Aye and we will also have to watch what the gods of this world are up to also.

Seems some have reported the street around the blackrock construction sight upon Moonglow is sinking into the ground on other realms calleth test shard. *frowns*

The timing of these peculiar actions of the gods may also contribute or interfere with any plans for Springfestival.

But I will as usual, do what I can to contribute to the festivitites whichever ways that I can, and willingly offer the festival goers or event hosters, to make use of either or both of me Moonglow properties for any events or gathering house point of entry or exit to/from any events for festival.

G

Actually, you are quite correct, but who knows what the Dev gods are up to.

Note: I am editing this and folding it, since the subject of the blackrock detector is in other threads.

I

imported_Gwyneth

<blockquote><hr>

Rumors is all! TC1 has no blackrock detector nor are the streets crumbling in Moonglow.

[/ QUOTE ]

I noticed the hole in the floor at the herbalist's yesterday. Fell in, and had to recall to make my way out!

G

All whom wish to know about the Moonglow Spring Festival...
I was unable to attend the initial planning meeting because of a RL situation.

Volrina's idea of reaching out to other shards is great, since we have been doing this in a very big way over the last 5 years, but we need to be able to do some more planning before we send out the word to other shards. Hopefully we can do all this planning in two weeks and be ready.

Apparently very little happened in my absence, taking care of my personal business. I will quadruple my efforts to make this grand event happen.

I am resetting another meeting this next Friday at 9 pm Eastern time.

I am double posting this message, because the "Moonglow Spring Festival (Planning Meeting) "Yes, this one," - - needs to be the one where we do all the discussion and posts for planning information.

Of course, we shall start with an Invocation Ceremony at the Lyceum. I am attempting to line up a VSP for this, and followed by a parade through the city and then to the "Host House." Shortly after, the first event will be the "Bunny Bash," just as in years past.

We have not made a decision about the Host House, but there are two proposed at this time. Admiral Maltz holds the "Grove" just outside of the West Gate, and Tehanu of the "Keepers of Dawn," has offer the "House of Dawn," on the SW shore as host house as well.

Of course (Moonglow Festival) has offered her help to create special memoribilia such as sashes and cloaks, possibly beads for the celebration.

The proposed dates are the weekend of somewhere in the dates of Friday, April 25th, Saturday, April 26, and Sunday, April 27th, the last weekend before May.

Feedback of whom would like to do certain events at particular times and dates will determine our final aggenda. Stay tuned - So much is going on with Moonglow. A Town Counsil is forming as well as a reformation of the Mage Counsil.

-Wow - and the "event" by the Devs - I'm so busy, my head is already spinning.

G

Will try and make the meeting on friday if possible but otherwise The RBG and Guardians Gate would be honored to host or help in anyway needed to make this a grand event it was alot of fun last year. Hopefully see you friday if no please gimme a buzz in icq or inside the city.

I

imported_Gwyneth

Please don't forget Eclair. She will be at the meeting, and would be honored if you accepted her offer to provide any required edibles for the festival.

G

Thanks Morpheus, We always know that we can count on RBG and Gardians Gate to sponsor some grand events.

One of the subjects in the next Moonglow Town Counsil, (though this really does not belong in this thread,) is whether or not to unite with USA.

Eclair, (and I do thank you,) shall be hosting fantastic treats of cakes and all sorts of goodies to eat. I think she wants to fatten us all up so that we look robust!

I

imported_Gwyneth

I am so very sorry I missed the meeting. RL is the pits sometimes... I fell asleep on the loveseat not long after I came home from work and didn't wake up until nearly 10 p.m.

G

RL is quite understandable and no one need make appologies for that. I've my own to do as well, so I certainly do not wish anyone to stress out, over events and schedules - this is for FUN, not work.

Everyone, sleep well

Work hard in your Real Life

Maybe relax some

It will all come together in the next couple of weeks

-and I might go slightly crazy during this whole process this year

I plan to have fun with it and hope you do too. I won't be doing

to myself or anyone else.

G

Don't feel bad Gwyneth! *smiles* We are just glad your are alright! End of the week can be a very tired time for all of us.

I thought the meeting went very well, and I am excited about the Festival!

I

imported_Gwyneth

Thank you, Sebrina and Littleblue.
I'm excited about the festival, too, and am so looking forward to it!

I

imported_NANOC

Hail and well met everyone.
Dragons Watch would like to host the Around the World Race.
A 9pm or 10pm start time would be great and we can talk about a day to run this event. As far as the day to run the event I am fairly flexable. It usually takes about 45 mins to run so the time to run it is a little flexable too.
The event starts on the mainland shore across from the docks of Skara Brae.
The first part is a footrace to the town of Gyldenfeld, there the contestants mount their horses for a horserace to Vesper dock, where the contestants place there boats in the water and race across the high seas to return to Skara Brae Main Docks.

I

imported_NANOC

Hail and well met everyone.
Dragons Watch would like to host the Around the World Race.
A 9pm or 10pm start time would be great and we can talk about a day to run this event. As far as the day to run the event I am fairly flexable. It usually takes about 45 mins to run so the time to run it is a little flexable too.
The event starts on the mainland shore across from the docks of Skara Brae.
The first part is a footrace to the town of Gyldenfeld, there the contestants mount their horses for a horserace to Vesper dock, where the contestants place there boats in the water and race across the high seas to return to Skara Brae Main Docks.

I

imported_NANOC

Oh, on a side note, Orc Bowling will not take place this year in the City of Dragons Watch.
The Lost Dragon Tavern in DW was rented to Oberon [LoR], the King of the Elves, last year for this event. Unknown to the Mayor and owner of the tavern that the actual killing of Orcs would take place.
After the event the Orcs built a house in DW and ran the majority of elves out of this city. The house still stands and the Orcs are a welcome addition to DW.
However there is an unsteady peace between the remaining elves and the orcs.

I

imported_NANOC

Oh, on a side note, Orc Bowling will not take place this year in the City of Dragons Watch.
The Lost Dragon Tavern in DW was rented to Oberon [LoR], the King of the Elves, last year for this event. Unknown to the Mayor and owner of the tavern that the actual killing of Orcs would take place.
After the event the Orcs built a house in DW and ran the majority of elves out of this city. The house still stands and the Orcs are a welcome addition to DW.
However there is an unsteady peace between the remaining elves and the orcs.

T

Terence Duff

<blockquote><hr>

RL is quite understandable and no one need make appologies for that. I've my own to do as well, so I certainly do not wish anyone to stress out, over events and schedules - this is for FUN, not work.

Everyone, sleep well

Work hard in your Real Life

Maybe relax some

It will all come together in the next couple of weeks

-and I might go slightly crazy during this whole process this year

I plan to have fun with it and hope you do too. I won't be doing

to myself or anyone else.

[/ QUOTE ]I feel what you feel when it comes to real life issues! I've had a terrible time in the past two years, deaths and illness in the family. I too have to apologize for my major absences, but I promise we will be having a Chesapeake 2008 Summer Olympics this August!

I

imported_Gwyneth

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

<blockquote><hr>

I feel what you feel when it comes to real life issues! I've had a terrible time in the past two years, deaths and illness in the family. I too have to apologize for my major absences, but I promise we will be having a Chesapeake 2008 Summer Olympics this August!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to try my best to be available when festival time commences. If I disappoint anyone, it will be due solely to real life problems.

Some days I halfway wish UO was real life.

I

imported_Volrina

Ok this is a little late in coming and all I can say is "Wow! Coming back to UO becoming a guild leader and re-acclimating myself was more difficult than I thought it would be."

We would like to do the adopt a pet again this weekend if there is a slot open for it if we can get a day any time between 7 and 10 PM we will be good to go. I know its late in the game if not we will try and work with what ever you got.

I

imported_Volrina

I did see anything about any events taking place this weekend so I was wondering if the Spring Festival was put off? We still have a month of spring left we can do it in.