• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] LS's New Fair Grounds

Lady Tia

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A very nice community meeting was had by all last night and very well attended!!

EM Quantum started the evening off with a table dance! He went on to say that he would like to get the Shard Olympics going again at Lake Superior’s New Fair Grounds and he needs the help of the community members to help monitor events.

At the upcoming events there will be horse races, archery, foot races, boat races, elemental mining, lumberjacking, banking, a zoo taming contest and (Airmid’s personal favorite) a naked dungeon run!! Many kind of things in which to compete. A marker will be placed in the counselor’s guildhall with the winners of each event listed. He also discussed the possibility of holding a PVP Dexxer event on the roof of the Mage Tower with the owner’s permission.

EM Quantum also informed the crowd that should anyone want to run their own event to let him know and he would attend. That should make any event a little more exciting! Anyone can submit an event to Stratics and Airmid or any of the reporters just give us a shout out!

He went on to say that our wonderful Event Moderators are no longer “stuck” in the Counselors Guild. They have had a Fair Ground built outside of the south gates of Luna City for all to use. And proceeded to take us all on a field trip! (I hope everyone brought their permission slips!)

'

The fair grounds contain a fine stable for your pet’s pleasure, blacksmith, Kissing Booth, Magic Tent, Sweet Shop, archery range for competitions, a Hydra pool!! (oh my), and a main stage. All located conveniently next to the arena. The NPC in the kissing booth will actually respond to you if you use the right phrases!

EM Quantum further announced that although PVP is restricted in the fair grounds, there is a PVP arena in the works in Felucca in a secure location and more information will be forthcoming at a later date. It is the intention of the EM’s to run the events in many different areas in order to build community and encourage people to visit lost of different locations other than Luna and a few dungeons.

But first dates will need to be decided and he will be placing a bulletin board in the Wedding Planning Center which will list the events and give everyone a chance to volunteer to help with them. The plan is to hold at least two events, two days per week. This will require an active rotating planning committee to help the EM’s with the events. With those final announcements, EM Quantum left the stage to allow Sabina to make her weekly announcements! A big thanks to the devs and EM’s Q&A for our new beautiful fair grounds!

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
just have to say It was a great night and looks great Thanks to all who helped with this and looking forward to the games :)

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When I first heard talk about a possible fairgrounds at previous EM meet ups, I was pretty excited. It was hard to imagine LS would finally have it much like Origin and Atlantic.
I want to thank the GM or Developer who too our EMs on point and created a fun and interactive set up even if you just walk the grounds. Quantum pointed out this is for the community to use for festivals, weddings or any other events we can dream up so let's get some ideas out there! There will also be plenty of use with the Olympic games starting again soon. Yup, I'd say there is much to be excited about!

Thank you Tia for a great write up and awesome pics! Just loves it *big grin*

Daga Taga

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When I first heard talk about a possible fairgrounds at previous EM meet ups, I was pretty excited. It was hard to imagine LS would finally have it much like Origin and Atlantic.
I want to thank the GM or Developer who too our EMs on point and created a fun and interactive set up even if you just walk the grounds. Quantum pointed out this is for the community to use for festivals, weddings or any other events we can dream up so let's get some ideas out there! There will also be plenty of use with the Olympic games starting again soon. Yup, I'd say there is much to be excited about!

Thank you Tia for a great write up and awesome pics! Just loves it *big grin*
Maybe a buy sell trade event once a month would work also. I know I would show up just to see what everyone had to buy sell or trade. I think a fair grounds is awesome. So many uses!!!!