• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Live Event Scavenger Hunt Coming to LS

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
<center>
</center>

Posted to <a target="_blank" href=http://www.uoherald.com/news/>uoherald.com:</a><blockquote><span class=osi></p>
The Valentine's Day Scavenger Hunt is coming!
Overview: Held at the Yew Waterfalls garden, the Scavenger Hunt will be held on each shard. Come join the fun, hang out with your friends, and maybe win a prize!

Schedule:

* Australia:
o Oceania: Saturday, Feb. 16th, 6PM EST (11am local UTC)
* Europe:
o Europa: Tuesday, Feb. 19th, 1:30PM EST (7:30pm local Western European Time zone)
o Drachenfels: Wednesday, Feb. 20th, 1:30PM (7:30pm local Western European Time zone)
* United States:
o Great Lakes: Tuesday, Feb. 19th, 4PM EST
o Legends: Tuesday, Feb. 19th, 5PM EST
o Atlantic: Tuesday, Feb. 19th, 6PM EST
o Sonoma: Tuesday, Feb. 19th, 4PM PST
o Origin: Tuesday, Feb. 19th, 5PM PST
o <font size ="3">Lake Superior: Wednesday, Feb. 20th, 4PM EST</font>
o Catskills: Wednesday, Feb. 20th, 5PM EST
o Chesapeake: Wednesday, Feb. 20th, 6PM EST
o Baja: Wednesday, Feb. 20th, 4PM PST
o Lake Austin: Wednesday, Feb. 20th, 5PM PST
o Siege Perilous: Thursday, Feb. 21st, 5:30 PM EST
o Pacific: Thursday, Feb. 21st, 4PM PST
o Napa Valley: Thursday, Feb. 21st, 5PM PST

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
<center>...and The Winners Are!</center>

Many thanks to Adida for paying a visit to Lake Superior and hosting a scavenger hunt.

&lt;insert positive post here&gt;

While some might complain about the time span of the scavenger hunt or what items or which box or what color panties you had on today, I would like to say this is a fine start in getting developers involved with the community.

The concept was simple and doable for Adida and the community. It also gives a foundation to build on in knowing what works and how to make it better.

So with that said, the winners of the 2008 Valentine Hunt:

Tir Na No'g
Aphid
Ryanne
Juno
Veryien

and your pictures of the day (with thanks to Reeps for snagging a few):

G

Aww, you didn't post the coolest one. When Aidia appeared pink columns of...fire? shot all around the area. That lady knows how to make an entrance.

G

It was a great starting point for getting *hopes* more events going in the future.

I think my biggest complaint was that other than those 5 winners, the rest of us were left with nothing but the items we collected. I would have thought that the bags we were given could have been marked "Scavenger Hunt 2008" or something to that effect. They could have given us something to take away other than a memory and a bag full of our own items.

Other than that, it was a lot of fun and I loved her purple outfit!

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can we label bags with a tool? I know it's not the same but I took a few bags for show at the community house and wondered the same thing. I'll try it out and let ya know *smiles*

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Woops how did that one get past me Reeps? Thanks for catching it!