• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS:] Kasaven Chats with Some of the People

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Today I went to see watch Casca speak again, but I was running late and missed it all together. {Though word did reach me of one foolish soul who it seems rushed our new King and cast Armageddon on himself in a vain attempt to slay our new monarch. Word was he got more of his body parts on the crowd then on our new monarch.} I arrived in time to encounter a large group who were heading to EM Kasavens new home after seeing Cacsa, so I joined them. I entered to find Kasaven holding an informal question and answer session. So I settled in and pulled out a piece of parchment and scribbled these notes I will now share with you.

When asked if anyone had seen “Owain Surrey” Kasaven had this to say:
Nay I have not seen him about. Often he stops by to bring council, but he has not in at least a week.. and honestly I fear for his safety.

On the subject of Lord Casca’s speech he said this:
I think he speaks ill..but I would not jump to conclusions before I see his acts. Those will speak much louder than words.

Kasaven also took the time to introduce Annendora an Floater EM whom will help him with events from time to time. Though Annendora was given a warm greeting by all in attendance she seemed not to be there in spirit.

When asked about what Sherry the Mouse had said he replied:
I think Sherry speaks more sooth than Casca, though she remains unaware of many things.

When someone mentioned that Casca had also said something about Owain he responded by telling the following story:
And he spoke of Owain, which brings fear to my heart, for Owain has always been loyal to the people of Britannia. Are there any here who didn't hear his tale, yesterday? Well, him and I have known each other for longer than all of you have been alive, combined. We served together on the council of Lord British, and he was the Royal Augur, a soothsayer of sorts, and a military genius. We both served lord British loyal for years, and when Lord Biritish departed for a time. Lord Blackthorn came to power and the same council remained that belonged to Lord British.

Know Blackthorn was a great man at a time, with a will to help any in need, and truly great visions for the kingdom. But as time went on, we were not his only council. Three men, black robed, with a dark aura about them began to take secret council with our Lord Blackthorn, and as such, he began a gradual descent…. into falsehood. Seeing this Owain tried to speak to Blackthorn about it. He told them these three Robed men, whom he termed the "Shadow Lords", were false, and were utterly poisoning his mind! Blackthorn took this as an affront, and was already too far gone into the madness that the Shadow Lords induced upon him. He looked upon Owain, and told him he believed it was not the three Shadow Lords, but him who sought to ruin the Kingdom, and he backhanded Owain across the face in his fury. But that was not the worst affront to Owain.. He was thereby banished from the Kingdom of Britannia, never to stop foot inside her borders again, and he was removed from the court by the royal guards. Towing him arm in arm!

I remained, not knowing of this until much later, but quickly left the Kingdom lest I suffer the same fate, but before I did, I heard word of a public execution.. and I saw..then.. Two royal guardsmen. One with Owains daughter..not even 5 years old, in tow, and his wife.. and they were taken to the block! And beheaded! I tried to intervene, but I could do little. I, too, was cast out from Britain as tears streamed down my eyes..

Owain, much unaware of the events when I spoke with him again asked if I had spoken to his wife and child before I was banished. I had to give him the news, and never had I seen a man so tortured. He did not cry, he couldn't, but you could see the fury in his eyes! From that day forward, he promised to seek vengeance upon the shadow lords, for corrupting his king, and putting his family to the block through his hands. He carries a powerful sword, that he poured his grief, anger, and hatred for the shadow lords into. He stood at the forge crafting it for neigh on 3 days and entitled it "Retribution". He won't rest until he uses it to behead the three that ruined his life. Also, knowing his great gift of prescience, the Shadow Lords cast a spell on Lord Surrey. They knew his visions came to him in dreams. So they corrupted his dreams, so that as often as they are sooth, they are false! His visions can be the very opposite of reality.. but always know he is pure of heart, and if Britannia needs him, he will be there. To lend us his aid. Either way! Ah, would you not seek revenge? For a family slain? Either way, he often takes council with me, but I have not seen him at all this week.

Kasaven then mentioned about Casca and his bring up Owain in his speeches again:
It seems so, as he addressed him in both speeches. he knows of his potential to disrupt him. If he is indeed false, I think we are all in danger.

Owain often brings me word of on goings, though, as I said, he has not for quite some time.. and as for the meeting I may be able to send Owain in my place. If he is safe.. I am going to do a bit of research and try to find a way to communicate with Owain and find out that he is safe. So I will leave you all for now.. So I will leave you all for now.. Be careful! And consider Casca's words! Goodbye!

Sometime while Kasaven was speaking a man dressed in a simple robe had come in and sat down to listen. He mostly watched and listened only saying a few things till after Kasaven had left. Then he engaged the remaining people in conversation. When someone brought up the subject of Clainin (Senior Mage of Britannia. Fought in the great war against Blackthorne alongside Dupre and Dawn) giving his approval of Casca.

The simple man whom I found out to be Solomon Wright said this:
Yes, muttering of Armageddon, bedridden. Have you been to New Haven to see Clainin? Indeed. An obvious falsehood told by Casca.

Solomon took control and directed the sometimes heated open discussion on if Casca should be recognized as our new king or not. As the views of both sides were brought forth he asked questions and made statements hoping to reach a middle ground between the opposing opinions.

One of the most thought provoking questions he asked was this:
What would you say to those that don't oppose Casca, but simply oppose the way he came to power? Would you prefer the opportunity to legitimize Casca to those that are upset with his ascent?

He also spoke briefly of the meeting that is scheduled to take place on this Wednesday:
No, and that is what we must address on Wednesday. To decide what it is we need, at this time. Do we reconvene the Council? If so, how? Do we pursue a new path, guided by new principles? We have differences. The question is, where do we have common ground? Each of us have a stake in the history unfolding before us. Collectively, we can realign our destiny. But it must be manifested through coordinated will, and there must be consensus for that to occur.

Powerful words from a very wise man.

I should also mention the as many of you have heard Solomon Wright is a prophet too and during these discussions he went into a form of a trance and made the following statement.

The Abyss beckons. The gargoyles rise. A new era arrives.

S

Solomon Wright

Some additional sketches from the meeting with Kasaven...

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yesterday I spent a little bit of time just visiting different places and standing back and listening to how people reacted to the speech by Casca and the coming meeting about what we should do. I first stopped in New Haven where a nice sized group (most on blue beetles for some strange reason.) were having a open discussion on what they should do about Casca. I noticed this group was made up of 4 different guilds and one guy with a swampie who kept saying he was the new king and everyone should bring all their worldly belongings to him. (Everywhere you go there is always one nut case.) There was talk of should they assassinate Casca or should they give him a chance. The more level headed person there (Most likely because she was the leader of the GRI) asked that everyone just wait till after they heard what Solomon said on Wednesday. I then went up and visited again with Clainin hoping he may of mumbled something of importance. He didn’t even though I sat there for a while.

From there I traveled over to Trinsic where I saw a group of the PGoH confronting someone that claimed to be a tax collector for Casca. So I once again from a distance listened in on what was being said. It seems the PGoH claim that they have the right to rule Trinsic as given to them by Lord British himself. They also challenged the legality of Cascas claim to the crown and the status of his new council. They also told this tax collector to return to Casca and inform him that they planned to resist him and if it came down to a armed conflict they were willing to go that far to protect their rights to Trinsic. (The part that surprised me was when the so called tax collector claimed that one of the cities had paid their taxes already, and that city was Jhelom. Now I hail from Jhelom and I can firmly state that I have not heard such a thing from there.)

From there I went to Luna where as I figured most did not care what was happening as long as they could trade goods, or join groups to slay monsters, for gold. I got the distinct feeling that most there did not even know there was a new king of the lands. So it was business as normal for those obsessed with the shine of coins.

Jumping through the gate I went to Skara Brae where I found a nearly empty town but a few people were speaking of the coming events. They were talking of looking forward to the coming anarchy and the battles they hoped to take part in. So much for a peaceful settlement in their eyes. Still many look for the thrill of battle and care not what side they are on as long as they get a chance to kill.

Once again I traveled through the gate and went to the communities just below the Yew gate. There I found a cold shoulder as normal and a huge lack of interest in any events that happen outside their small area. I was informed that they have their own private issues to attend, and that the larger issues of the world doth not interest them in the least. {Short for they prefer their own RP storylines and they feel this EM/Dev one is just to generic for them.}

I then decided to see if EM Kasaven was home and recalled there to visit with him. Only to find him not there but did encounter 2 players looking for him. I spoke to them seeing if they were there looking for more information on the new events that took place over the weekend. What I found out though was they wanted to see him to get a pair of sashes. It was then I decided to go home and just think on things.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No matter how many times I swing by there, I never get to meet Kasaven. I have really horrible timing. :(

I always seem to miss meeting him... *sigh* I'd like to get one of those sashes myself. Or just say hello to the guy.