• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] FoF= House cleaning!!!

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Gee they left out blessed gingerbread men ! Guess I will have to eat them all

J

Joyous2K

Bless BUG on greater dragons... if you tame them while they are blessed, they lose more than half of their pretamed base hp

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What about the holiday boxes, and the stockings?
I asked the same when I saw the list, not that it will matter much, I have so much of the rest, I have a feeling getting what I'd like won't be an issue.

Ori

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I SO appreciate at they listened to the fisherfolk and added prechest loot as a turn-in item :) THANKS Developers!

E

Evilminion

I SO appreciate at they listened to the fisherfolk and added prechest loot as a turn-in item :) THANKS Developers!
For those of us who couldn't fish a guppy out of a bowl, what is prechest loot? :)

A

Azureal

For those of us who couldn't fish a guppy out of a bowl, what is prechest loot? :)
When fishing up an SoS chest, fisherpeople have a chance to fish up item with the pre-title *...recovered from a shipwreck". These include paintings and portraits, seashells, stools and globes, bone piles and body parts.

D

DarkVoid

Why can't they make those damned cakes turn in items??

I have 38 multicolored inedible cakes and 65 plain uncolored inedible cakes, and I would prefer to be able to turn in at least the plain cakes for reward points as they are not very useful as a house deco item at all.

I'd prefer to be able also turn in the multicolored inedible cakes, too, because I have way too many of them and most of the colors are dull and uninteresting shades anyway.

So how about rethinking this decision not to include cakes? I'd rather not bin them but if I have to they will be the first to go.

Cheers ...

DarkVoid

M

Melina Havelock

I really have no desire to turn in sleds, tree deeds, poinsettias, reindeer and snow which I can usually sell in the weeks leading up to Christmas for several thousand dollars. Granted it's not a ton of money, but 50 points is VERY low. I also wonder why the gingerbread men and stockings aren't on the list, especially considering the blunder this past holiday of duplicating them. Please consider the requests to add the cakes and other holiday boxes.

H

Hanna

The thing that really needs to be on the list is the blessed bacon.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lots of thing to add to the list for stage 3 of the Turn-In for sure...

fishing ship wreck loot
moonstones
old tagged items
holiday cakes
holiday gift boxes
holiday stockings
gingerbread men and candy canes(10 pointss lol)

Lots more too iam sure for stage 3

A

Azureal

Lots of thing to add to the list for stage 3 of the Turn-In for sure...

fishing ship wreck loot
moonstones
old tagged items
holiday cakes
holiday gift boxes
holiday stockings
gingerbread men and candy canes(10 pointss lol)

Lots more too iam sure for stage 3
These are now in for stage 2. It was in the FoF.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry but i don't understand where i can turn my items. What npc do this turn?
Thanks

Laina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't see those specific items in the FoF (except the candy canes)

Also missing:

Fireworks wands
Stuffies - how can we forget these!!

Maybe we will have a stage 3 after all...

A

Azureal

I didn't see those specific items in the FoF (except the candy canes)

Also missing:

Fireworks wands
Stuffies - how can we forget these!!

Maybe we will have a stage 3 after all...
Firstly, Im refering to the bolded text, refering to shipwreck items.

Secondly, if you didnt see it in the FoF, its because you dont know what prechest loot is, or you do and didnt read it properly.

Allow me to quote for you:

"I'm a fisherman - why would I want to turn in SoSes and MiBs instead of using them?"

Actually, you probably won't. With the next revision of the turn-ins (next week) pre-chest loot will be worth 250 points apiece, and the chest might contain a Fishing Net which is worth more points. Also, the Ghost Anchor and the Seahorse will be worth 25,000 points as well!

Laina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks like I just misunderstood your post...thought you were referring to the whole list. I got the part about the prechest loot.

Still lots of stuff not on the list though - hopefully it will get added or used for a 3rd turn-in.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it's fantastic that fishing prechest loot is on the list now. I have a lot of fishing to do. :) I would like to know how long the turn-in is going to last. I hope it lasts for a month or two at least.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Isn't it just.. incredibly wrong that the holiday timepieces, statues, bells, and older snowglobes are still just 50 points each? And what about rare color/shape/name bells/statues/snowglobes? And the muchrarerthanreindeer Sleighs aren't on the list?

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I kinda guess common sense will play a big part in what u turn in...

WORKING ON THE ASSUMPTION
The 100,000 point pieces are selling for 4 or 5m max!!!!!
Then a 100 point token is worth only 4 or 5k gold

So its only worth turning in the stuff thats worth less than this....otherwise u will be better selling the better stuff on a vendor..

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And sorry to all the fishing peeps but i dont read or see anywere that shipwreck stuff is on the list...sorry bout that...
It's not on the list, it's on the FOF linked to:

--

"I'm a fisherman - why would I want to turn in SoSes and MiBs instead of using them?"

Actually, you probably won't. With the next revision of the turn-ins (next week) pre-chest loot will be worth 250 points apiece, and the chest might contain a Fishing Net which is worth more points. Also, the Ghost Anchor and the Seahorse will be worth 25,000 points as well!

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
Isn't it just.. incredibly wrong that the holiday timepieces, statues, bells, and older snowglobes are still just 50 points each? And what about rare color/shape/name bells/statues/snowglobes? And the muchrarerthanreindeer Sleighs aren't on the list?
I agree, 50pts is a little too low - under any circumstances. ;)

I would at least have expected, that the points would've been based on age. E.g.:

2008 gifts 100pts
2007 gifts 150pts
2006 gifts 200pts
2005 gifts 250pts
2004 gifts 300pts
2003 gifts 350pts
2002 gifts 400pts
2001 gifts 450pts
2000 gifts 500pts
1999 gifts 550pts
1998 gifts 600pts
1997 gifts 650pts

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Really !! Logs back into the game to buy up all the remaining ship wreck loot for 99g on remote vendors of the land!!!!

G

Gwendar-SP

I agree, 50pts is a little too low - under any circumstances. ;)

I would at least have expected, that the points would've been based on age. E.g.:

2008 gifts 100pts
2007 gifts 150pts
2006 gifts 200pts
2005 gifts 250pts
2004 gifts 300pts
2003 gifts 350pts
2002 gifts 400pts
2001 gifts 450pts
2000 gifts 500pts
1999 gifts 550pts
1998 gifts 600pts
1997 gifts 650pts
Particularly when you consider that the old stuff you got one item while lately one gets 15.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What about ML Dungeon items too from Mel and Dreadhorn etc...another great reason to go back to Ilshnear for players!!!

plus i got a heap lol!!

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's a question for ya...

"I'm a treasurehunter - why would I want to turn in my treasuremaps, instead of digging them up?"

Incentives...

Completed maps = should be worth more points...

*keeps dreaming*

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just some thoughts:

1. Why the Luck set cost so high? Luck is useless, insignificant in UO right now. But would be more useful if adding LRC 20%~30%, for tamers.

2. seahorse/ghost anchor: these should worth be treated as lvl 13 or above. Not that anyone would wanna turn-in these, but each should worth 100K point at minimum.

A

Azureal

What about ML Dungeon items too from Mel and Dreadhorn etc...another great reason to go back to Ilshnear for players!!!

plus i got a heap lol!!

I managed to but around 50 portaits/paintings last night for anywhere from 100g up to 500g. Beautiful. As well as a swag full of shells, barrel staves, etc etc. Oceanias shopping hub is mainly Luna now, so I had to go boonie hunting.

Was great fun, I gotta admit.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its a players choice to turn these items in. Nothing is forcing them to.

If a player is not intelligent to be able to decide upon keeping a rare statue, why should they be owning it?

If a player turns in one, they most likely are uneducated on its value, and it would end up trashed anyways.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I managed to but around 50 portaits/paintings last night for anywhere from 100g up to 500g. Beautiful. As well as a swag full of shells, barrel staves, etc etc. Oceanias shopping hub is mainly Luna now, so I had to go boonie hunting.

Was great fun, I gotta admit.
Tons of lvl 6 tmaps available for those willing to do a little running around UO's lands :)

Too bad there are issues with IDOCs atm, or else it would be like killing two birds with one stone :p

A

Azureal

Its a players choice to turn these items in. Nothing is forcing them to.

If a player is not intelligent to be able to decide upon keeping a rare statue, why should they be owning it?

If a player turns in one, they most likely are uneducated on its value, and it would end up trashed anyways.
Couldnt agree more. Theres no-one forcing people to hand in their "precious" bits and pieces, its suggestion only. I persoanlly a bag full of bells I will keep, and a full set of snowglobes. That aside, I have another bag with 50-60 globes in it. Sure, its only 2.5-3k points, but Ive been trying to sell them for months with no luck. Now theyre going to get recycled. Possibly making my full set worth a little more.

And thats something people need to start remembering. For everyone one holiday item traded in, it makes the remaining ones a little more valuable. Encourage people to hand in their "junk" and keep yours.

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can also turn in the Sleighs. My bad for not adding it to the list that was given to Jeremy. ALL the Christmas gifts will give 50 pts, regardless of color or rarity. It is up to each player to decide whether it is worth parting with or not.

You cannot turn in spam, fruitcakes or coal.

Zooithion

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and pillows and paintings and such. I have soo much of those.

When fishing up an SoS chest, fisherpeople have a chance to fish up item with the pre-title *...recovered from a shipwreck". These include paintings and portraits, seashells, stools and globes, bone piles and body parts.

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First let me say BRAVO!

This is the first FoF that i feel has attacked the questions and concerns that are on the floor. :beer:

I do agree with most though that it should be the pre-chest loot that should be a turn in and not the actual Mibs/Sos themselves (Cheers for making that a possibility). I mean, every chest is 1-3k and a chance at some loot that may actually be worth enhancing. If i have 100 mibs i'm not going to turn em in for a few points when i can fish em up for much more fun and adventure.

A

Azureal

You can also turn in the Sleighs. My bad for not adding it to the list that was given to Jeremy. ALL the Christmas gifts will give 50 pts, regardless of color or rarity. It is up to each player to decide whether it is worth parting with or not.

You cannot turn in spam, fruitcakes or coal.
Youre so incredibly awesome.

Maybe now that youve said it, players will start listening.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Devs /or players is shipwreck items definate a turn -in....for 250 points each, iam talking the shells, broken clocks,boots,paintings etc recovered form a shipwreck

I hope so!!! or i just wasted 2 chests of storage and 2 hours doing the shops for most 99g per item...

Awesome

L

Lord Drakelord

When this was posted, there was a run at my fisher's vendor, all my 'junk' was bought.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Starts filling his 3rd chest of shipwreck stuff:lick::lick:

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When this was posted, there was a run at my fisher's vendor, all my 'junk' was bought.
There's going to be a lot of that going on for sure. I shopped for things too but then I started feeling guilty about buying stuff from players who obviously don't know about the publish. If they knew they would probably raise their prices or remove the items and keep them for themselves.