• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Felucan Trade Caravan!

I

imported_Paidric

John, simply their guild is at war with another guild. So you cannot heal/ress them. This has been implemented to avoid "blue healing" in PvP.
It's a problem for them if they go hunting alone as they can't ask a stranger to ress them. And indeed, several times I tried to help some of them ghosts but couldn't do anything.

I'll add a few more things to the caravan concept to try and have a smoother event next time and hopefully as enjoyable.

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now that explains it .. told you, after 8 years in this game I still don't understand some of the simplest things *sighs*

Ah well, that's probably why SRC became the inventer of Davism .. the art to die over and over again in a totally shaming way *grins*

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now that explains it .. told you, after 8 years in this game I still don't understand some of the simplest things *sighs*

Ah well, that's probably why SRC became the inventer of Davism .. the art to die over and over again in a totally shaming way *grins*

S

Scrumpy Jack

Ello you lot!

So last night was the big night then, huh?

Well, as you might have noticed, Mary and I were there, too. Unfortunately did we have to leave early, because we had something else to do ... not because we are cowards or anything like that! What are you thinking?!

But even though nobody paid attention (in fact nobody paid anything!), I did perform the Sosarian premiere of my very own song "Caravan to Brit", written especially for the occasion. As I said, nobody paid a penny for it, so here you have it: totally un-asked for and free of charge, the lyrics to my song:

<font color="purple"> Caravan to Brit
</font>
Lyrics by Scrumpy Jack
Music by somebody else

Are you ready ?
Are you ready ?

Are you ready for the time of life
Its time to stand up and fight
So alright
So alright
Hand in hand we take a caravan to the marble town
One by one we gonna bite dust with pride
Now that can‘t be denied
Stand up
Stand up
From the ocean seaside of Skara old
We all come together with swords of gold
Now the brigands of the world can‘t see
This a better place for us to flee
The place is somewhat black and white
No fun there is, nothing to ride.

Every woman every man
Join the caravan to Brit
(stand up) stand up
Stand up
Every body takes a stand
Join the caravan to Brit
(stand up) stand up
Stand up

There’s a red there
There’s a red there don‘t you know
He’s not friendly
He’s the villain in this show

We‘ll be dieing on this facet here
Trammies bite the dust but persevere
Bring the young and the old
Now‘s to let blood flow from their heart

Every woman every man
Join the caravan to Brit
(stand up) stand up
Stand up
Every body takes a stand
Join the caravan to Brit
(stand up) stand up
Stand up

That's it. I know that I need to work on the poetic side of the text a bit more, but then, it was an almost impromptu performance, so I think it wasn't to shabby. So if you think you can do it better, then ink your feathers and prepare for GOBs very own singing contest later this month ...

See you all at the next caravan (and loose up your purses a bit!)
Scrumpy

*humms noisily*

S

Scrumpy Jack

Ello you lot!

So last night was the big night then, huh?

Well, as you might have noticed, Mary and I were there, too. Unfortunately did we have to leave early, because we had something else to do ... not because we are cowards or anything like that! What are you thinking?!

But even though nobody paid attention (in fact nobody paid anything!), I did perform the Sosarian premiere of my very own song "Caravan to Brit", written especially for the occasion. As I said, nobody paid a penny for it, so here you have it: totally un-asked for and free of charge, the lyrics to my song:

<font color="purple"> Caravan to Brit
</font>
Lyrics by Scrumpy Jack
Music by somebody else

Are you ready ?
Are you ready ?

So alright
So alright
Now that can‘t be denied
Stand up
Stand up

Every woman every man
Join the caravan to Brit
(stand up) stand up
Stand up
Every body takes a stand
Join the caravan to Brit
(stand up) stand up
Stand up

There’s a red there
He’s not friendly

Every woman every man
Join the caravan to Brit
(stand up) stand up
Stand up
Every body takes a stand
Join the caravan to Brit
(stand up) stand up
Stand up

That's it. I know that I need to work on the poetic side of the text a bit more, but then, it was an almost impromptu performance, so I think it wasn't to shabby. So if you think you can do it better, then ink your feathers and prepare for GOBs very own singing contest later this month ...

See you all at the next caravan (and loose up your purses a bit!)
Scrumpy

*humms noisily*

G

Congrats on the windfall! Well earned!

Thanks to a few choruses of "aww just 5 more minutes, Mum!" I arrived too late for the kick-off.

Since I'd not declared any side, I didn't think it was fair that I actively helped either side. Taking Petra's earlier suggestion, on my stealther (Pip) I simply ressed the fallen, both blues and reds from the sidelines. The latter got me noto'ed a couple times, but it's not like I wasn't expecting that in the chaos.

I had a blast and hope to make it in time for the kick-off for the next Caravan!

Thanks to Padraic &amp; everyone else who organised it!

G

Congrats on the windfall! Well earned!

Thanks to a few choruses of "aww just 5 more minutes, Mum!" I arrived too late for the kick-off.

Since I'd not declared any side, I didn't think it was fair that I actively helped either side. Taking Petra's earlier suggestion, on my stealther (Pip) I simply ressed the fallen, both blues and reds from the sidelines. The latter got me noto'ed a couple times, but it's not like I wasn't expecting that in the chaos.

I had a blast and hope to make it in time for the kick-off for the next Caravan!

Thanks to Padraic &amp; everyone else who organised it!

I

imported_infiniti

<blockquote><hr>

It still baffles me though why I couldn't heal or res some people .. I am a complete moron when it comes to rules like this. Maybe somebody can explain it to me in simple words ...

[/ QUOTE ]

We in CD had that problem, were not at war with anyone or in factions so were baffled to why people were getting the you "cant perform beneficial acts message" at times, anudda bug puraps.

I

imported_infiniti

<blockquote><hr>

It still baffles me though why I couldn't heal or res some people .. I am a complete moron when it comes to rules like this. Maybe somebody can explain it to me in simple words ...

[/ QUOTE ]

We in CD had that problem, were not at war with anyone or in factions so were baffled to why people were getting the you "cant perform beneficial acts message" at times, anudda bug puraps.

G

I ensure that the covian army had a presence and was frankly amazed as bear in mind no mount and not magical items etc i had a blast and im sure some reds just ignored me, maybe because they realised is was easy meat? and i didnt see any trash talk at all. good event

G

I ensure that the covian army had a presence and was frankly amazed as bear in mind no mount and not magical items etc i had a blast and im sure some reds just ignored me, maybe because they realised is was easy meat? and i didnt see any trash talk at all. good event

G

Caravan (to Brit)

<blockquote><hr>

Caravan to Brit

Lyrics by Scrumpy Jack
Music by [Housemartins]

Are you ready ?
Are you ready ?

So alright
So alright
Now that can‘t be denied
Stand up
Stand up

Every woman every man
Join the caravan to Brit
(stand up) stand up
Stand up
Every body takes a stand
Join the caravan to Brit
(stand up) stand up
Stand up

There’s a red there
He’s not friendly

Every woman every man
Join the caravan to Brit
(stand up) stand up
Stand up
Every body takes a stand
Join the caravan to Brit
(stand up) stand up
Stand up

[/ QUOTE ]

G

Caravan (to Brit)

<blockquote><hr>

Caravan to Brit

Lyrics by Scrumpy Jack
Music by [Housemartins]

Are you ready ?
Are you ready ?

So alright
So alright
Now that can‘t be denied
Stand up
Stand up

Every woman every man
Join the caravan to Brit
(stand up) stand up
Stand up
Every body takes a stand
Join the caravan to Brit
(stand up) stand up
Stand up

There’s a red there
He’s not friendly

Every woman every man
Join the caravan to Brit
(stand up) stand up
Stand up
Every body takes a stand
Join the caravan to Brit
(stand up) stand up
Stand up

[/ QUOTE ]

G

<blockquote><hr>

John, simply their guild is at war with another guild. So you cannot heal/ress them. This has been implemented to avoid "blue healing" in PvP.
It's a problem for them if they go hunting alone as they can't ask a stranger to ress them. And indeed, several times I tried to help some of them ghosts but couldn't do anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Makes sense if one red guild is at war with another red guild - but the messages I was getting appeared to be random. One minute I could res a red, the next minute I couldn't res the same red. It does appear to be buggy.

A great big thank you to Paidric and all the organisers and prize sponsors - and especially to the reds who made this such a fun event. All the CD guildies who attended loved this event. So much, in fact, that many of us are thinking of taking one char over to the dark side. Now all I have to do is work out what the perfect PvP template is and practise, practise, practise because at the moment I'm a complete whoosy red whacker - although I did manage to get my first red kill last night.
Whooohooo !!

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Makes sense if one red guild is at war with another red guild - but the messages I was getting appeared to be random. One minute I could res a red, the next minute I couldn't res the same red. It does appear to be buggy.

A great big thank you to Paidric and all the organisers and prize sponsors - and especially to the reds who made this such a fun event. All the CD guildies who attended loved this event. So much, in fact, that many of us are thinking of taking one char over to the dark side. Now all I have to do is work out what the perfect PvP template is and practise, practise, practise because at the moment I'm a complete whoosy red whacker - although I did manage to get my first red kill last night.
Whooohooo !!

W

Winder UO

I'll answer any questions you guys have about templates and such. PvP is way more fun than most people seem to think. Once you get over the fact that you will die alot, you will get trashtalked, and people will act like idiots. Its massive fun, and if you are in a dedicated guild you can just ignore the other people and let the killing do the talking.

Killing players is a much bigger challenge than killing anything that has monster AI in this game, and the satisfaction it grants is obviously way bigger aswell

W

Winder UO

I'll answer any questions you guys have about templates and such. PvP is way more fun than most people seem to think. Once you get over the fact that you will die alot, you will get trashtalked, and people will act like idiots. Its massive fun, and if you are in a dedicated guild you can just ignore the other people and let the killing do the talking.

Killing players is a much bigger challenge than killing anything that has monster AI in this game, and the satisfaction it grants is obviously way bigger aswell

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If your attack a target before they target you, only guildes and allied people will be able to ress or heal you.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If your attack a target before they target you, only guildes and allied people will be able to ress or heal you.

S

Scrumpy Jack

<blockquote><hr>

Caravan to Brit

Lyrics by Scrumpy Jack
Music by [Housemartins]

[/ QUOTE ]

"Housemartins" ?

What do you mean "housemartins"?

I don't know any "housemartins"! We people of GOB don't even have any houses, how can we have martins then? Are you implying, that we are stinky house-dwellers with holes in our socks and ... errr ... "re-thinks the bit with the holes in socks" ... a decorative plant on the veranda?

That's we get for sharing our musical talent with city people ...

*hides feet behind tree stump*

S

Scrumpy Jack

<blockquote><hr>

Caravan to Brit

Lyrics by Scrumpy Jack
Music by [Housemartins]

[/ QUOTE ]

"Housemartins" ?

What do you mean "housemartins"?

I don't know any "housemartins"! We people of GOB don't even have any houses, how can we have martins then? Are you implying, that we are stinky house-dwellers with holes in our socks and ... errr ... "re-thinks the bit with the holes in socks" ... a decorative plant on the veranda?

That's we get for sharing our musical talent with city people ...

*hides feet behind tree stump*

F

frankieowns

Thanks for the fun lastnight i had a blast althou i had to wave of some red annyoing bees running after me and trying to kill me *winks at winder and hes pals*

No idea how i didnt die once considering the amount of archers dismount and that huge red thing that can be tamed. Still was fun and id like to see some more of that action.

/Crumbah

G

Sounds like it was a real hoot and great fun for all!! and damn i missed it... count me in for the next one for sure- work committing of course...ill bring me stealth healer mage to rez some blue asses ....not sure about me pvp skill side...lol..but hey if they can catch me lama they welcome to roast it!

P

Perkele

Obviously more events like this one are needed to felucca. Even though, I only spent like 20mins in the event due to unbearable lag/packet loss issues, I still had my fun seeing players in felucca, which I haven't ever seen before, fighting together against "evil forces".

I couldn't really do anything on my red, 'cos I kept freezing up every 5 secs. I got killed a few times and almost instanly ressed up by Sosarian Red Cross. Even tho, I suffered from severe lag issues, I managed to kill one guy. He was a new player obviously, riding a plain horse and suited with golden platemail. Well, he attacked instantly when he saw me. Ran to me confidently and died to a single hit of my weapon (was playing a tank mage).
I really feel bad for him

But indeed, as Winder mentioned, we need to get players to realize, how fun pvp actually can be. Events like this one, are good for getting a grip of it.

G

Ack! Two weeks away from Sosaria, and I seem to have missed a great event. *Crosses fingers that I don´t have work deadlines to consider the next time*

A

Asmodai/Embryo

Hello everyone, just wanna put forward my thanks for organising an event in fel for once! It was most enjoyable for me as a murderer to see all you trammies enjoying some dead tree action. All joking aside i think its really good that the trammel and fellucan communities can begin to understand each other a bit more and interact in a decent way.
I think people were pretty considerate all round, which included ressing friend and foe alike (special thanks to the sosarian red cross), and generally getting into the swing of things. If anything, it was a bit too short
. Next time i would try to persuade a few more people to play their reds or perhaps avoid characters which totally unbalance the whole thing, i.e tamers who abuse bola's, or the apparent hordes of blue archers
Next time i would encourage organisers to contact the GM's of particular guilds who will be either attacking or defending [Pact, W, Few, Men, GOD, Star, UCH, NDK etc] and try and encourage some kind of friendly community rules, such as no immediate res killing or something. I think the ban on looting goes a little too far and is fairly hard to enforce, but as far as things as Grd's armour is concerned, i think most people would leave that alone out of respect.
Gotta say i feel guilty for the guy who lost his sword to me, however we did have a duel afterwards in the spirit of things to decide who would take it back to lock down in their house.
Overall i'd say congratulations for such a fun event and the intergration of the trammel and fel communities !

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bah. I hate it when customers demand my presence when I'm supposed to be doing UO stuff - inconsiderate gits.

I really do need to ask... in this picture...

... who does the walrus belong to? New member of GoB?? (Walruses can sing quite well, so I'm told
)

*points at a ghost in one of the other pictures and laughs... "told you..."*

S

SilentFoxXy

Just to add my congrats, thanks , and hopes for next time:)

Thanks to Paidric for the tremendous work he put in organising this great, fun event.

Thanks to N'athuk of [HLP] for his leadership.

Thanks to the REDs who showed up, ensuring a fun time was had by all.

Congrats to the 4 who retained their swords, As far as Im aware the 4 are:- Paidric, Kayne, Mim and Dean.

Please contact me thru ICQ 450-150-281*or pm on here to arrange collection of your 500k prizes, and WELL DONE.

Hope that the next event will be as much fun, and even more folk take the time to dip their toes in PvP. I loved it.....

Thanks again to all and well done

CaTt