• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Enemy at the Gates!

G

Despite the contention from the fickle PvP community that any Yew Moongate action is of a lesser quality, (thanks to the guardzone and proximity of homes in which to seek shelter) I spent the last few nights skulking around in the shadows to cover some zealous gatefighters. Well, at least I was trying to skulk around, but no thanks to passive detection, I couldn't come within ten feet of an elven character... *grumble* Anyhow... now that I've trained up as a Grandmaster Detective, I thought I'd capture some screenshots to see who really killed who as practice for some champion and harrower fights. For the record, most of the deaths pictured below involved several attackers and assailants, but my forensic evaluation techniques can only determine who struck the fatal blow. Hopefully this will be the first in a series of these exposés to settle some of those "Who Killed Who" arguments we all see from time to time. The comments below some of the pictures is just commentary made in jest and not meant to reflect badly on those who are pictured. Just having a bit of fun. Enjoy!

The night started out like any other I imagine.

Reds kill some blues.

Blues err... Guards kill some reds.

Smile! You're on Stratics Camera!

Aha! A fair kill! Well... a rezkill anyhow.

Harru takes it out on Mrs Black. That made her angry. You wouldn't like her when she's angry as you'll see...

Pay no attention to the rune beetle and firesteed!

Well, in fairness... House Hider vs. Gate Hugger... *winks*

No, really... bad idea!

Don't say I didn't warn ya!

Someone brought the big guns out!

Oh. Oh, slim... that's not good.

Red on red violence! Times two!

Avenge me, guard!

You sick puppy, Malaese - disturbing thine own body!

For the record, he lasted a ridiculously long time, walled in on three sides and a hungry cu sidhe chewing on him on the fourth, while an archer and a mage plinked him from afar. Kudos to you, Candy Man for winning this week's Courage in the Face of Imminent Pwnage Medal.

Things really heated up after a bit of the back and forth... Great fights by all.

BALIAN OF ASGARD receives this week's "Most Surprise Attacks" award...

While poor Spasm receives the "Most Molested Corpse" award. Congratulations! I think...

Someone dares interrupt Duckman mid-celebration with a rune beetle...

Oh, this doesn't bode well...

Oho! Justice is served! Duckman receives the "Best Comeback Victory" award for not only taking a rune beetle to the face in stride, but evading death and retuning the favor. Congratulations!

I'd also like to award an Honorable Mention to Britannia's guards for their participation in the fights and to thank Don Corleone from the Sonoma forum for the idea of using a Detective to capture pictures of corpses! Stay tuned for more to come next week!

S

Sin-Vigor

I remember talking to you on my blue a few nights ago when you told me you picked up forensic eval and I must say; this is the most I think I've ever enjoyed reading a post!!

You're doing an awesome job and I hope you keep up the excellent work!!

Things like this are just truly unique in this day of UO. It's having a useless skill and actually putting it to some good for entertainment and news puposes. The whole article I was compelled to see if I molested someone *wink* And I actually did once so I got my fill :>

Keep it up!!

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wow...

never seen anyone actually use forensics in like a long long time.

G

Next up, taste ID! I'll do a tour of the taverns and let you all know who has the best stew.

That's right... Show me the crime.

G

Herman? No. Kendrik Soulbane is the character I use for this and most of my reporting.

Edit: