• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] EA-Land Contest and Giveaway

A

Aster

This contest and giveaway is hosted by Allakhazam.com and EA-Land Community Manager Parizad.

Click here to go to the news article on the EAL Stratics main page. A link to Allakhazam can be found in the news blurb.
This contest has also been linked on the EAL blog.

D

Dali Dalinza

I like the idea of TSO artifacts and momentos being contested to players. As the article at Allakhazam.com points out, many of us are facing the end of a community that engaged us for many years. Aw shucks, I'm sentimental, and you are, too.

I was disappointed to read that the contest will be based on who can impress the Community Manager most.

Provide fun and a good time? My days of being able to provide fun in the game have been missing since my finances were stripped away in the Black Plague known as "balancing the economy." Good luck to those of you who have the means to wine and dine the Community Manager. I'm rooting for ya. Let us know what you get.

I think a lottery would have been a more fair contest, but I have to remember that this is EA we are talking about. :p

D

DjFroggie

I like the idea because if people want to win they'll have to NOT ask questions about the game and hope that no one else in their house does. :)

C

Claudia MacCloud

awww shucks that would be awesome to have a r/l memento

darn i cant get into the game let alone have Pari come to my home :( and give her a ever lasting memory :(

R

Raisin

Would be fun if we knew when / where these things were held so we could crash the party and see what happened.
But I guess it's "stalk Parizad" then? ;)

T

TKSpeedy

Well darn...I've never been good at entertaining and throwing parties. And well, lets just say the kind of fun I have at most of my houses Parizad probably wouldn't be interested in. Oh wait! Dang, I have an idea...but I can't do it alone since I've never figured out how to do it. And I can't give away the idea here in case someone else steals the idea. Oh fudge!
Well, I guess that leaves me out. If anyone genuinely wants to help, send me a PM to find out my idea. I really would love to win something before this game ends.

S

Shari

well... contests are fun although this one is kind of ... weird. I guess weird is the word I'm looking for.

well. guess I will have to sit around a money lot so I can afford to buy a lot. hmm.

Mavric

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well... contests are fun although this one is kind of ... weird. I guess weird is the word I'm looking for.
Yepper to all of above.
By the way I really like your Avatar, it be very cool.

Mavric

A

Avyi

well. guess I will have to sit around a money lot so I can afford to buy a lot. hmm.
If you are serious, look me up in the game under Avyi Zenith' (don't forget the ' at the end)...I'll donate a lot to you.

A

AutumnKiss

Hey guys...

The idea of the contest came from me, not Parizad or EA. And my thoughts behind it weren't "he with the most money wins". In fact, I went as far away from that as I could...

As those of you who have been around for a long time may remember, for awhile we had the Stratics Houses going on in various cities around the game. We would create new toons in cities, build from scratch, and work together to introduce players to the Stratics forums. What was so special about that? Everyone working together and having a blast. Sitting on a hay bale and watching Elga give experiences to everyone who landed long enough was never as enjoyable as it was during those Houses.

So the entire concept was for people to use what they've learned over the years, and make up some fun things to enjoy. Story-telling, unique homes that you've built, fun uses for items in the game... not "let's impress Parizad"... it's about having FUN!

And I could've been the one coming around to everyone's house... but then it would've been the same response from someone else. "Oh, gee... guess those that have known her for a long time will be the ones to win..."

Let's not rain on this parade, people. Parizad and I talked quite a bit about this, and we want everyone to have FUN... not buy expensive things and build a gorgeous house you can show off. Be creative, ingenious, unique.

Now... as to telling when she'll be where... to be honest, I had not thought about posting the schedule. I'll talk to Parizad and see what she says, but be sure to give your opinions here. Keep in mind that the properties only hold so many people... cramming 'em in is always a blast, but it's hard for people who want to get in and never do. I can tell you that the final Awards Ceremony will be invitational-only, so that we can make sure all of the entrants are able to arrive.

Finally - my email is currently down. (Go figure, I go away for the weekend... /sigh). I will continue to monitor it Monday (today) - if it does not come back up I'll will provide an alternative method to send your entries in. Please continue to send them in - if you receive a "bounce-back" notice due to an error, a full mailbox, or something equally annoying - have patience! We will get your entries and you will not be forgotten!

I'm very excited to see what you guys come up with, and plan on attending with Parizad around the houses as much as I can... but again, and I cannot stress this enough, it's not about impressing anyone. It's about creating a fun environment using things you've learned over the years, or unique ideas you've come up with. It's not money, or friendship links, or anything of that nature. Sometimes the simplest things can provide the greatest joys in life.

Thanks!

~AK

A

AutumnKiss

Yay! Email is fixed! And I have some contest entries!

Watch your inbox for confirmations! :thumbup:

L

labyrinth

So...each house has 30 mins. before Parizad needs to move on the next house?

D

Dali Dalinza

So the entire concept was for people to use what they've learned over the years, and make up some fun things to enjoy. Story-telling, unique homes that you've built, fun uses for items in the game... not "let's impress Parizad"... it's about having FUN!
Having FUN! is an objective that, like Mother and apple pie, is difficult to disparage. The problem is that you've designed a contest that relies on subjective standards. Wowing a judge is hard enough when skill is involved. No matter how it rolls, people who don't win will have a fair reason to cry foul. I do not envy Pari!

Edited to ask: if the idea is "let's [not] impress Parizad," then how will prize distribution be determined? If the whole idea is just to get people to have fun by participating in a group activity, then what is the place of prizes being awarded to "winners?"

A

AutumnKiss

First, to Labrynth, yes, each house has 30 minutes.

Second, to Dali - I hear what you're saying, but the bottom line is this is a competition and someone has to be a judge, someone has to win, and someone has to lose.

You can please all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time. I've no idea how many times I've typed that over the years to this community! Of course people will cry foul - I've yet to meet anyone who enjoys losing. But we are as fair and impartial as we can be.

The prizes? Parizad will ranks homes she visits in terms of how much fun she has. Maybe somebody throws together a game of Simball - or someone puts together a theatre production. Or you sit on hay bales and type on typewriters while clowns perform circus tricks. Hell if I know! Yes, everyone is dependent upon Parizad's opinions of what you present to her, but isn't every competition based upon the opinions of one or more people?!?

I can't make this any more detailed than I already have. Let's not tear down the spirit of the competition, which is to enjoy some good times with each other. I would hope that our last days together could be more enjoyable than verbal sparring on the forums about a competition you've apparently decided is biased, no matter what I have to say on the matter.

Jackiee

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well AK I think it is a great contest to participate although the end is looming over us all...

I noticed some comments on the original article, people really need to let go of their bitterness or gtfo. Honestly sitting here for the next two months bitter is just going to (as my friend says) give you premature wrinkles.

I mean it will give me something to giggle at. But I'm easily amused.

I think those who think they have a good shot at winning should enter!

those who have a good chance at whining, should continue to do so... we wouldn't want to freak anyone out by switching that up now.

oy. ;)

L

labyrinth

Yah, I just hope people don't use this as a time to come ask Pari questions about the game closing and such.
I hope people go to these parties to have fun.
*crosses fingers*:thumbup1:

S

Shari

Well AK I think it is a great contest to participate although the end is looming over us all...

I noticed some comments on the original article, people really need to let go of their bitterness or gtfo. Honestly sitting here for the next two months bitter is just going to (as my friend says) give you premature wrinkles.

those who have a good chance at whining, should continue to do so... we wouldn't want to freak anyone out by switching that up now.

oy. ;)
I thought my whine was a nice subtle hint that Parizad should flip the sandbox switch but instead it brought out some nice players. which is good, either way I don't feel like sitting at a money lot and I have some excellent ideas.

A

AutumnKiss

I hope people have a good time, as well.

There are still many slots left, you guys... send those entries in! Let's keep Pari hopping from house to house! Hell, even if you're not sure you could win, you should enter... you just never know what will happen.

Tell your friends, encourage your favorite houses to enter... we have some very cool prizes lined up (I'll give you a hint... at least one of the in-game prizes has never been available to the players before!), so don't miss this opportunity to win something awesome!

*Goes back to checking email* :p

A

Avyi

I thought my whine was a nice subtle hint that Parizad should flip the sandbox switch but instead it brought out some nice players. which is good, either way I don't feel like sitting at a money lot and I have some excellent ideas.
you should read my post above addressed to you, unless you just want to whine more :wall:

A

AutumnKiss

Hey guys! Just wanted to let everyone know we've published today's schedule. I did send an email to the wonderful folks of the Stratics news team, but they're probably out enjoying the wonderful Memorial Day holiday and haven't gotten to it yet.

If you wish to join Parizad and myself, catch the details here!

A

AutumnKiss

Hey guys! Just wanted to say a quick "Thanks!" to the two properties we visited today. Everyone had a great time!

For pictures and some details, check out my brief blurb here.

We'll see you on Wednesday!

L

labyrinth

Yah, today was awesome! I love how there was an in game annoucement about the parties. This way it invites EVERYONE! Awesome! I look forward to supporting everyone's parties!:drool:

A

Aster

Here is the latest on the contest from Allakhazam.com. When the calendar comes back with the return on the old boards, hopefully this kind of information will go there:

And the Contest Continues...

Posted By AutumnKiss, 2008-05-28 12:17:37 for EA Land
With our EA-Land Giveaway Contest underway, we are anxious to check out what Day Two will bring! Be sure to join us as we visit the following homes:

• 3:00pm PDT / 6pm EDT - Gingerbreadhouse, owned by Juana!
  • 4:00pm PDT / 7:00pm EDT - Dysturbia, owned by Drave!
As you can see, we have spots still available, so we've decided to keep entries open until either the contest ends or the spots fill up! If you wish to still enter, be sure to send an email as instructed in the contest announcement here!

We look forward to seeing you in-game!

Q

Qute Pi

oy. ;)
Man! I wrote a whole thing, accidental hit something somewhere and went to another page, lost it all and back button didn't help. *sighs!*

Jackie I agree with you, your wording always sounds better than mine.

To those upset about the contest, I wish I understood why you were blaming those you are blaming. I AM SOOOO EXCITED to be apart of this contest, to get a chance after 5+ years of being creative to show it off and hopefully win something, maybe even TSO memorabilia. Why do you have to ruin it?

I have seen one person, specifically, try her best to give away free properties and items to those who may want to complete last minute goals. If its all about money why hasn't anyone taken her up on her offers? I have many properties I want to give away, I have mentioned this in the past after the announcement and still no one has asked me for one. UGH! People are willing to help you even tho the game is closing so why are you so angry with us? With those of us who feel the same as you, just don't show it the way you do? You think I won't miss my favorite game?

Anyway…
Thank you Autumn for taking the time out of your life to put this contest together.
Thank you Parizad for taking time out of your schedule to do something for those of us that are still interested and happy to participate, not to mention the years of support you have shown us all.
Thank you to other property owners for attempting to participate in this contest, and making fun for other players who are still online. (If you need help IM me...even if you will be my competition hehe.)
Thank you for players who are supporting these properties by visiting them when they are involved in the contest.

Thank you to those who hate the contest, it helps to remind me of what I won’t miss when all this is gone.

L

lucretia

I believe the deadline on entering has passed hasn't it?? I didnt find out till it was almost here and could not get in touch with my roomie...but I did notice that the first time i looked i saw one deadline and the second time i looked i saw a different deadline....oh im so confused my head hurts:shots:

Q

Qute Pi

lucretia, I think you can just email the email address on the contest site, with the information requested to participate. That would be the quickest way to find out if a deadline was set.

S

Spaghetti Legs

This is in Aster's post above:

"As you can see, we have spots still available, so we've decided to keep entries open until either the contest ends or the spots fill up! If you wish to still enter, be sure to send an email as instructed in the contest announcement here!"

So it looks like you can still sign up!! :)

A

Aster

Here is today's schedule:
Week Two of the Giveaway Begins!

Posted By AutumnKiss, 2008-06-02 12:14:50 for EA Land
To launch the second week of our EA-Land Giveaway Contest here is a list of where we will be visiting today:

• 3:00pm PDT / 6pm EDT - Club Alphaville, owned by Erik!
  • 4:00pm PDT / 7:00pm EDT - Jam Packed, owned by Buckstar Starbuck!
  • 4:30pm PDT / 7:30pm EDT - Toy-Shop of Horrors, owned by Miss Tattoo'!
As you can see, we have spots still available, so we've decided to keep entries open until either the contest ends or the spots fill up! If you wish to still enter, be sure to send an email as instructed in the contest announcement here!

A

AutumnKiss

My apologies - I failed to point out that Jam Packed is in TC3. So log in and join us!

A

Aster

Today's Contest Schedule

Posted By AutumnKiss, 2008-06-06 11:47:28 for EA Land
As the EA-Land Giveaway Contest continues, we are having an absolute blast seeing what everyone is up to. If you would like to join us, this is where we'll be today:

• 3:30pm PDT / 6:30pm EDT - The Love Castle, owned by Harvey van Parker!
  • 4:00pm PDT / 7:00pm EDT - SpiritofEastJerome, owned by Mike Rizzo!
  • 4:30pm PDT / 7:30pm EDT - Goldie's Cafe, owned by Goldie!

A

AutumnKiss

Hey guys!

My apologies for the late coverage, but real life bit me in the proverbial butt! However, be sure to check out the highlights of yesterday's properties here!

A

Aster

Monday's Schedule!

Posted By AutumnKiss, 2008-06-09 12:39:37 for EA Land
As the EA-Land Giveaway Contest continues, we are having an absolute blast seeing what everyone is up to. If you would like to join us, this is where we'll be today:

• 4:00pm PDT / 7:00pm EDT - Shorti's House, owned by shorti'!
  • 4:30pm PDT / 7:30pm EDT - The Charming Skills, owned by Brendi!

A

Aster

Friday's Contest Schedule!

Posted By AutumnKiss, 2008-06-13 11:53:26 for EA Land
As the EA-Land Giveaway Contest continues, it's fun to see how creative everyone can be! If you would like to join us, this is where we'll be today:

• 4:00pm PDT / 7:00pm EDT - Hamington University, owned by Professor Jamis!
  • 4:30pm PDT / 7:30pm EDT - The Welcome Spot, owned by DezzyElena!

A

AutumnKiss

Hey guys... we had a no-show and someone who accidentally lost their house.

While I realize that things do come up, we've had several people over the course of this contest schedule to be somewhere and then not show up. Please realize that while my calendar is fairly flexible, Parizad has juggled several things to make these appointments.

On a separate note, last Wednesday my internet was down, which is why there is no coverage of the events. Parizad did take screens of the homeowners, and I'll get those published this weekend. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

We have one house scheduled for next week. If you'd like to get in on the action, and will definitely show up, please send an email as directed in the contest announcement.

Thanks!

~AK

A

AutumnKiss

Kicking off the final week of the EA-Land Giveaway Contest, we will be visiting the following home:

• 4:30pm PDT / 7:30pm EDT - Babe's Creative Cooking, owned by Sexiest Babe!
With just days until the end of the contest, we have a few slots left available. If you wish to toss your name in the hat and have Parizad over for a party, check out the details on how to enter here!

L

labyrinth

Kicking off the final week of the EA-Land Giveaway Contest, we will be visiting the following home:

• 4:30pm PDT / 7:30pm EDT - Babe's Creative Cooking, owned by Sexiest Babe!
With just days until the end of the contest, we have a few slots left available. If you wish to toss your name in the hat and have Parizad over for a party, check out the details on how to enter here!

Another no-show party?:sad4:

Q

Qute Pi

So...um...when do we find out if we win? lol :|
*jumps around impatiently* hehe

A

AutumnKiss

Due to circumstances beyond the homeowners' control, Friday's properties are being rescheduled to this upcoming week. Once those parties are completed, the entries will be reviewed.

I apologize for the delay, but we'll have this completed as soon as possible next week. All contestants will be invited to a Awards Show in their honor at a house I've been working on building.

So watch for your invitation to the big event!

A

Aster

Today's schedule:

Postponed House Party Today!

Posted By AutumnKiss, 2008-06-25 11:44:52 for EA Land
With a scheduling glitch out of the way, the final two properties in our EA-Land Giveaway Contest will be displayed this week. Today, we will be here:

• 5:00pm PDT / 8:00pm EDT - The Matchmaker Heaven, owned by Zeltex!
Be sure to join us, and keep an eye out for the Awards Ceremony announcement, so that you can attend and see who won!

A

Aster

Last property visited yesterday:
The Final Property is Visited!

Posted By AutumnKiss, 2008-06-27 13:05:08 for EA Land
The final property in our EA-Land Giveaway Contest will be visited today by Parizad. If you wish to tag along, here are the details:

• 4:30pm PDT / 7:30pm EDT - Haunted Forest Manor, owned by Frankenstein!
Be sure to join us, and keep an eye out for the Awards Ceremony announcement, so that you can attend and see who won!

A

AutumnKiss

Our final home was visited yesterday by Parizad, and what a frightening time we all had! For all the details, click here!

A

AutumnKiss

Dear Players,

Please join us on Monday, June 30, 2008, at 4:00pm PDT / 7:00pm EDT, for our Awards Ceremony in the EA-Land Contest Giveaway hosted by Allakhazam.

The ceremony will be held at Allakhazam Awards. Please arrive early to ensure your spot. We will open the doors precisely on time, and not a minute before!

Please arrive in formal attire. We look forward to seeing you there, and wish all contestants the best of luck!

AutumnKiss & Parizad

(Please note that all invitations have been sent out to contest entrants. There were some that I was unable to locate. Therefore, if you had Parizad to your home and have not received your personal invitation to the Awards Ceremony, please send me a private message here with your Sim's name and Property. Thank you!)

A

Aster

This reposting on behalf of AutumnKiss concludes the EA-Land Contest and Giveaway:

Awards Ceremony: Winners Announced!

Posted By AutumnKiss, 2008-07-01 16:11:10 for EA Land
Last night we held our Awards Ceremony in our EA-Land Contest Giveaway at the Allakhazam Awards house!

It was all glitz and glamour as we invited our contestants to a before-party at the home. This gave our contestants time to get to know each other and wish each other well. Shortly before opening to the general public, Parizad arrived to greet our guests.

Precisely at 4:00pm PDT / 7:00pm EDT, the doors opened to the public, and we were flooded with guests at the front door! Everyone wanted an opportunity to get in and watch the awards show. We quickly filled up, and I had to soon find more seating from other parts of the house! Eventually we got everyone in and started the show.
I know that everyone is just dying to know who won, so I'll get right to it. Well... after I once again congratulate all of our winners, and thank everyone who participated in this event! Many thanks also to Parizad and EA for their contributions towards prizes!
Let's go over the prizes before we announce the winners!

Grand Prize:

• A The Sims Online™ t-shirt
  • Sims 2 expansion pack of the winner's choice
  • A grab bag of the following:
    • TSO fridge magnet, TSO keychain, handful of TSO pins, handful of TSO decals, and handful of simhead pins
  • 250k Simoleans
  • A visit to the EA-Land Store in the winner's city to pick any items they wish!
First Runner-up:

• A The Sims Online™ t-shirt
    • TSO fridge magnet, TSO keychain, handful of TSO pins, handful of TSO decals, and handful of simhead pins
  • 250k Simoleans
  • A visit to the EA-Land Store in the winner's city to pick any items they wish!

Second Runner-up:

• A sealed The Sims Online™ game
  • 250k Simoleans
The EA-Land Store contains items such as colored cannons, not previously available to the general public, yard gnomes, mystic trees, anniversary plaques, and so much more. Each winner will be given their own VIP visit for themselves and their roommates to pick and choose their items during a private session.
So now... who won? I am pleased to announce the following:

Second Runner-up:

• We had a tie!
    • Spirit of East Jerome, owned by Mike Rizzo
    • Haunted Forest Manor, owned by Frankenstein
First Runner-up:

• Carnival, owned by Qute Pi
We also had a Honorable Mention, who will receive a sealed The Sims Online™ beta CD set:

• Goldie's Cafe, owned by Goldie
And finally... our Grand Prize Winner... *drumroll please!*

• Maze Maze Maze, owned by Hudson! (a TC3 property)
Congratulations to everyone, and we thank you for participating in our EA-Land Contest Giveaway, hosted by Allakhazam!
Maggie "AutumnKiss" Olsen
Senior Editor, ZAM Network

R

Rizzo@EastJerome

Congratulations to everyone! I can't believe I won Second Runner Up! Boy, this is exciting! Congratulations to everyone once again. :D

G

Goldie

Wow... how generous of all the stuff given away! I'm so sorry I couldn't make it to the Awards! The one day I decided to play Wii Fit instead of play TSO! *Breaks Balance Board in half* Again thanks for the prize and congratulations to everyone who won! *Princess wave*

G

GRINCH

HA HA HA, 2 of the top 3 houses were in east jerome. For all your bagging i have gotten from you about how there are so few sims in ej parizad, they get top notches. Shows you what small towns can do over the big cities in the game. Ummmmm... let me guess parizad, there are only 3 citizens in east jerome. Well 2 of them won prizes ha ha ha

TY
GRINCH