• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News]Christmas/Holiday Scavenger Hunt & Tree Lighting

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Christmas/Holiday Scavenger Hunt & Tree Lighting
Area 51 and Kijustsu Anei Village

December 18th 2011

The Christmas/Holiday Tree Lighting event over the last five years has become a tradition on the Chesapeake shard. Inviting everyone and anyone to partake in hosting and attending events. This years theme "Poseidon's Fury Artifacts" was chosen to honor the creative and enjoyable story arch "Poseidon's Fury" created by our Event Moderators.

Area 51 Christmas Scavenger Hunt
Hosts: Abby Normal, Pooper, Wes and Pen
Setup: Jimmy, Tilley, Jared
Prize Donation: Pooper, Pen and Jared

Kicking off the festivities was The Township of Area 51 operated by the UFO guild, with their First Annual Christmas Scavenger Hunt. The Scavenger hunt was a smashing success with higher then expected numbers for attendance. Congratulations to the hunt winners: (1st Place)Team PITS; Drecko, John and Mercedees (2nd Place) Mr Clean (3rd Place) Wild lemons

Later on in the evening hours, citizens from around the realm gathered on the island of Homare-Jima where a massive Feast was prepared for them by Lady Angelica and perfectly distilled drinks from Maedhros of Nidaros and County Cork Distillery of Kijustsu Anei Village. Goblins from Pitmuck such as Ozog Giantfart, were at the Tree accepting pressies for the Gift Exchange.

Lord Gareth gave a short welcoming speech a few minutes before Elder EM Dudley and EM Drosselmeyer arrived to light this years Trees.

"Welcome to the 5th annual Christmas Tree Lighting! I would like to thank Lady Angelica for preparing a wonderful feast. Ozog and the Goblins from Pitmuck for distributing Gifts for the exchange and a long list of people who made this Tree possible; Sundina, Demon Slayer, Abby Normal, Pooper, Nyx, Elijah Cross and WildStar. Let us stuff our faces and await to arrival of Elder EM Dudley to light this years Tree!"

After the tree was lit and the Hall of Commons meeting adjourned, the Goblins entertained the crowd with their beautiful voices (Nails on a Chalkboard) singing, Deck the halls with boughs of holly, Jingle bells and my personal favorite I want a hippopotamus for Christmas, before distributing gifts to everyone.

Ozog Giantfart
"I want a hippopotamus for Christmas
Only a hippopotamus will do
Don't want a doll, no dinky Tinker Toy
I want a hippopotamus to play with and enjoy
No crocodiles or rhinoceroseses
I only like hippopotamuseses
And hippopotamuses like me too
"

To wrap up the night three numbers were drawn for the Angel Gift Box Attendance Raffle which were given out by Angelica during the "Angelic Feast" and Niva the Savage during the "Hall of Commons Meeting". Congratulations to Lady Jade, Lady Xanthe Eir and Lady Sundina for holding the winning tickets.

This years event would not have been possible without the hard work and dedicated put in to make this one of our best Tree Lighting events thus far! We hope to see everyone again next year.

Christmas/Holiday Tree lighting
Designers & Decorators: Lady Abby Normal, Pooper and Lord Gareth
Ornament Donations: Demon Slayer, Sundina, Abby Normal, Pooper, WildStar, Nyx, Niva, Elijah Cross and Gareth

Holiday Feast
Hostess and Head Chef: Lady Angelica
Holiday Brewers: Musashi and Mayor Zanku

Gift Exchange
Host: Ozog Giantfart
Little Helpers: Mia Twinkles, Lure Alie, Karthec Dogaan, Grub Tanglewood, Stick Figure and Meebe Wormslayer

Tree Lighting
Hosts: Elder EM Dudley, EM Drosselmeyer and Lord Gareth

Angel Gift Box Raffle
Host: Lord Gareth
Prize Donation: Kijustsu Anei Village