• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Chesapeake Olympics Coverage as Week 1 Ends + Medal Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Terence Duff

Coverage of the Chesapeake Olympics 2008

Chesapeake Olympic Games
August 2008

Team Felucca was leading all of the facet-teams in medal wins after the first week of the Chesapeake Olympics came to a close. Team Trammel is tied with Team Malas for gold medal wins at two (2) a piece. Felucca has the most silver medals, while Malas and Felucca are tied for bronze medals.

> Medal Winners

#1 - Track & Field
GOLD - Farina de Arina (Malas)
SILVER - Daria Blackmoore (Trammel)
BRONZE - NANOC (Felucca)

#2 - Darts
GOLD - Odin Blackmoore (Trammel)
SILVER - Winmere (Felucca)
BRONZE - Winfield (Felucca)

#3 - Daemon Fighting
GOLD - Slirith Iceblood (Ilshenar)

SILVER - Uzell Cabal (Felucca)
BRONZE - Farina de Arina (Malas)

#4 - Quiz Show
GOLD - Winmere (Felucca)
SILVER - Slirith Iceblood (Ilshenar)
BRONZE - Winfield (Felucca)

#5 - Begging
GOLD - Farina de Arina (Malas)
SILVER - Mario (Felucca)
BRONZE - Desire (Malas)

#6 - Yacht Race
GOLD - Tancred RedStar (Trammel)
SILVER - Slirith Iceblood (Ilshenar)
BRONZE - Farina de Arina (Malas)

> Medals Won by Team

Here is a list of medals won by team!

Felucca
GOLD - 1

SILVER - 3
BRONZE - 3
TOTAL - 7

Trammel
GOLD - 2
SILVER - 1
BRONZE - 0
TOTAL - 3

Ilshenar
GOLD - 1
SILVER - 2
BRONZE - 0
TOTAL - 3

Malas
GOLD - 2
SILVER - 0
BRONZE - 3
TOTAL - 5

Tokuno
GOLD - 0
SILVER - 0
BRONZE - 0
TOTAL - 0

> Day 3 Coverage

Day three at the Chesapeake Olympics began with a begging contest. Beggars were asked to beg from two hirelings, and the amount of gold they received from each was totalled into a 'point total'. The turnout for the begging event was quite small, likely because of the few beggars in Britannia.

Event 5: Begging - WINNERS
GOLD: Farina de Arina (Team Malas)
SILVER: Mario (Team Felucca)
BRONZE: Desire (Team Malas)

The Yacht Race was quite interesting! Famed skipper, and host of the Red Wolf Cafe's Weekly Races, Tancred RedStar took home the gold medal in addition to beating the old course record of 8:22 by one second. Yachtsmen were challenged to sail counterclockwise around Verity Island once being instructed to "BEGIN" and place their boats in the water. Slirith Iceblood took home the silver medal, while Farina de Arina edged past NANOC who had run aground, to claim bronze. Honorable mention goes to NANOC for finishing fourth.

Event 6: Yacht Race - WINNERS
GOLD: Tancred RedStar (Team Trammel)
SILVER: Slirith Iceblood (Team Ilshenar)
BRONZE: Farina de Arina (Team Malas)

> Chesapeake Olympics Continue this Friday

The Chesapeake Olympics continue on Friday night beginning at 8pm ET with the Horse Race event. Then at 9pm ET, competitors will face off at the Mare vs Mare contest. More information can be found at the Official Olympics Info Page, or by visiting the UOSS Stratics Center on Chesapeake:

How to get to the UOSS Stratics & Olympics Center on Chesapeake:

> Chesapeake Olympics FAQ

Q. Who can participate?
A. Anyone! Even though this event is on Chesapeake, there is nothing stopping you from transferring over from another shard to compete!

Q. Are there prizes?
A. You bet! There are millions of gold in prizes to be won, plus the recognition as a Britannian Olympian.

Q. Will the events be similar in any way to the events from the Chesapeake 2006 Olympics?
A. Absolutely! Most of the events are identical to those from 2006, with a few small changes. Returning competitors will even have the chance to reclaim their titles for another two years.

Q. When will medals and prizes be awarded? After each event?
A. Actually, medals and prizes will be given out at the Closing Ceremony at the end of August.

Q. What's this all about teams? I hear that there are 5 teams based on the facets?

A. Yes, there are 5 teams based on each of the facets: Felucca (red), Trammel (pale gold), Ilshenar (purple), Malas (gray) and Tokuno (light blue). For each event, competitors have the option of "declaring" themselves on a team. This will help us in the end to determine which "Team" won the most medals in the Olympics.

Q. Where can I find more information about events?
A. Check out the list of events below! The Olympics are anticipated to start in mid-August, and will last 2 weeks.

To declare yourself on a team, simply show up in in your team color (preferably wear a robe) and you will be marked down as being on that team. Exact team colors can be found in dye tubs at the Stratics Center/Olympic Hall in Zento.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thats a pretty cool idea... I wish I had known! I would have made a char to compete with!

S

solina2

The Olympics are fun, fun, fun!!!

I can't recall the last time I laughed so hard as I did with the Begging contest.

I am kind of disappointed to see that no many Chessy players are participating.

Please join in, they will continue this weekend. :danceb:

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cool idea... should be on ur shards forum tho.

Should I start Siege related threads on UHall?

Stigmatas

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

There you go being a trollboy again. Jesus, you complain that Trammel ruined UO and all this crap because people can't roleplay and band together to do stuff LIKE THIS. Then complain when somebody actually does something like THIS and posts it in the most popular forum, where anyone can join.

Hey look BR, roleplaying, community. Just like 11 years ago in UO. With Trammel. Imagine that!

/edit: And I dare ya to organize something like this on Siege. It would be griefed into oblivion.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't notice it was ongoing, my fault. Either way, I meant no harm. Still, I guess it's kosher to advertise shard events here? Since it seems to be, I'll let Siege know.

But oh, look who's talking?

and what the hell does Trammel have to do with this thread? Oh right, nothing. Thanks for following me around tho, I appreciate the worship.

FYI, Siege has plenty of events, pretty much weekly. And a healthy RP community. We just had a nice event hosted by one of our thieves guilds over the weekend.

Now show the world how much you love my style.

Tah tah newbie.

S

Sheridan

Thank you for backseat moderating but I'll take it from here. Last I checked, there's nothing in the UHall's description that prohibits our news reporters from posting community related events here.

When have Siege related threads not been posted on the UHall...? Feel free to invite your shard's reporter to these events for coverage in the future.

T

Terence Duff

Uhhh... this is Community News, the Comment thread automatically goes into the UHall. Been happening that way for years.

L

Lord Kynd

Thank you for backseat moderating but I'll take it from here. Last I checked, there's nothing in the UHall's description that prohibits our news reporters from posting community related events here.

When have Siege related threads not been posted on the UHall...? Feel free to invite your shard's reporter to these events for coverage in the future.
oh come on..
please don't encourage siege post's :p

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last I checked, there's nothing in the UHall's description that prohibits our news reporters from posting community related events here.
My fault. I figured that we were supposed to keep shard events on shard forums... or at least that's the impression I've been given.

But, now that I have the official "word" I will be sure to publicize Siege shard events now that I know it's kosher.

Since I don't see anything in the UHall's description that prohibits our non-news reporters from posting community related events either.

*tips hat*

Thanks guys!!! :D

Galad

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is news? I thought the [ news ] tag was for more important issues.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
By the way:

Great event on Saturday, Chad!!!

Even tho it was on Siege *Oh Noes!!!*

T

Terence Duff

Thanks for the trolling guys, I really do appreciate it. You're helping to make UO a much better game :sad4:

Status
Not open for further replies.