• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Cavern of the Discarded Hunt

S

Spoz

Each week Sabina Nikolai, High Marshall of the Order of the Silver Rose [noparse][OSR],[/noparse] holds community events for which anyone is welcome to join. Keep your eyes on the Lake Superior Stratics news section to what is happening each week.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I met at the Skara Brea Community Center at the designated time to find a small group of people gathering for an expedition to the Cavern of the Discarded in the Stygian Abyss dungeon.

With Sabina as our guide, our group (Lord Hexvexxe, Luther, Luke Parker, Shadow, Airmid, Ol Dirty Base and myself), proceeded to head into the dungeon after first gaining access via a quest. Our aim was eradicate the vermin hoard that infested the area and, hopefully, in the process obtain some rare items for imbuing.

The rat clansmen were no match for such a versatile mix of strong warriors and were easily brushed aside. However we stayed there for a while, mopping up any creature brave enough to challenge us. The rewards given to us for such a duty were ingredients such as the Seed of Renewal, which is used to imbue special properties onto armor.

After we had finished slaughtering the vermin we were guided to Sutek's lab in the middle of the Abyss where we attempted to complete his task. This requires fast reactions, for you have to pick the correct reagents required within a short time. 20 minutes later I had my reward - a book for tinkers; allowing them create new mechanical creatures if given the right components! Time, unfortunately, was up by then so we said our farewells and departed from Stygian's Abyss, safe in the knowledge that we had stemmed the tide of evil for another day.

-Spoz, Lord Justicar

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The remaining community hunts for this week are as follows:

Deceit Dungeon hunt
Date: Thursday, January 14th
Time: 8:00PM CST
Starting Location: Skara Brae Community Center, next to the bank
Host: Taeara Mi'Aken

Community Champion Spawn hunt
Date: Friday, January 15th
Time: 9:00PM CST
Starting Location: Skara Brae Community Center, next to the bank