• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Burn, baby, burn!

• Thread starter imported_Ishtar
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Ishtar

<center>
</center>

Caveat emptor!

How many have heard that phrase? It means buyer beware. On Atlantic we have faced a variety if things from dupers to scripters among other rather shameless and shady ways to make quick gold on the shard. Many know I have no love for them from a lot of my previous articles here on Stratics. This has been a long time coming:

"Cheating: We hate it as much as you do. We can’t disclose our plans or methods, but be assured that removing exploits and keeping the game fair is a top priority for the Live team. As far as the cheaters themselves? Some of you may know what I can do with a lit match and some blackrock. Expect burned out shells where treasure vaults of ill-gotten gains were once held. Allow me to reiterate: <u>cheating will not be tolerated.</u>"

-Draconi

<center>
</center>

True to his word houses across all shards were burned to ash and rubble. Luna had one go up in flames, here on Atlantic. I have a feeling, in the future we can expect more to come! Go Draconi! I tip my hat to you Draconi and will still try to be the voice of Atlantic!

-Ishtar

C

CowboyX1970

Who was this and what did they do? Duper? or is this just a warning.

What will be the sentence for speed hacking? Atlantic is overrun with VIP.

D

DrunkenMonkey

VIP? They are a joke. People run and hide when you see them. They are not that good.

C

CowboyX1970

Looks like it was just a warning since it happened on several shards. VIP is a joke, but not a very funny one...they spil a lot of game play.

I

imported_Ishtar

I just quoted Draconi in the article, the full article is available for view on the main Stratics page from live.

I report, but I feel it was a good first step!

C

CowboyX1970

"Expect burned out shells where treasure vaults of ill-gotten gains were once held"

crazy, but we do. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is an excellent way to show the consequenses of cheating. EA's typical response: We will review this account and take action if warranted. This will take some time, so please be patient. Due to our privacy policy, you will not be informed of the results of our investigation. Thank you for your report.

Never knowing if anyone is actually punished for cheating/scripting goes a long way towards giving the impression that nothing is done... then folks wander into the gray areas where they can begin to justify scripting and other behavior. I've seen many posts lately where users admit scripting... and from my own life experience usually when someone admits a little wrong... there is usually a lot more they are not telling you. If you've ever watched the TV program COPS, you have probably seen the guy who admits to drinking "one or two beers" before he passes out on the street.

Draconi's incendiary displays of punishment will go a long way towards ending cheating. It would have been neat if the effigy had the reason listed... "Effigy of a Scripter"... or something like that.

Safe Travels, Sam

I

imported_Ishtar

Effigy of a traitor...and the title is well deserved in my opinion as they cheat the innocent.