• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] BNN: Blackrock Detector to be Unveiled!

A

Africanus

Exactly, I people just make assumptions that they will not be able to participate. Chill out and let us see what happens, should be a bit of fun.

Hopefully, when the new publish comes in, I hope we don't get more cursed artifacts for the ophid rations and snakes skins! That would be a let down. Hopefully some new cool stuff like maybe snake skin boots?

I

imported_Fran Fury

Well I look very silly attempting to tele into it. I can get up on the corners but not into any hole
I have tried the top,the bottom, the vortex cube. I can play in the water though

Edit: Got it

K

kennykilleduo

I see Inu is spewing stuff , is it new or is that the old stuff..

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
humm...
humm...

so "maybe" you can turn in also decorative items?
where did they say this?

I

imported_GalenKnighthawke

<blockquote><hr>

I see Inu is spewing stuff , is it new or is that the old stuff..

[/ QUOTE ]

The stuff I saw was the same as a couple of days ago, which seems to relate specifically to the current event.

-Galen's player

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
That's new....she speaks in pig latin! Silly old Hag.

Today I am assuming is the day we turn the machine on.....or attempt to anyway *grins*

Kronos should be making an appearance sometime today...

K

kennykilleduo

Hopes this is going to be a fun long lasting event..Or will the east coast air slow Draconi and live teams wild ideas??

I

imported_ParadoxUO

Would be fun if we could only trade in one black rock, one ration, one set of orders per character... no?

*runs for cover*

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Melina, if you have a GM Miner you can still go mine up some small blackrock pieces.

G

I *thought* I had gm'd it long ago, but I stoned it at 97. I'm furiously working her now. Thanks though.

C

Connor_Graham

<blockquote><hr>

Guess so. What I'm wondering is can one be 95 with +5 gloves and be able to mine blackrock or do we actually have to have 100?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes you can mine it up at 95 with the gloves.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
yes but can black rock still be mined i spent 3 hours this morning trying couldnt get one go figure I go for months trying not to and get one all the time. now I want one and cant get one i even tried putting blackrock in my pack and mining :)

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hummm...maybe i miss it, but
where did they say that we can turn in blackrocks?

i see only this:

Collectable items that “seem” to have only decorative purpose will have a turn-in, along with the Ophidian items, in Publish 52.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
FYI the guard zone is off you can summon in the machine i just did it

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

it doesnt say that, it just says to bring it with ya

[/ QUOTE ]

haaa..so maybe you dont need 10000000000 blackrock!
maybe you need "just one" with you!

J

joblackjon

I thought mineable Black Rock was turned off just before Valentines and don't recall it being turned back on?

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
they didnt say anything about minable blackrock being turned off, only the blackrock elementals were turned off

G

yeah, I mined up two gem-sized pieces of blackrock last night. Guess I'm all set

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
On Europa, the Moonglow Beergarden created by ex-IGM Talos was wiped out when the blackrock detector was completed

I hope that Draconi and Adida can restore it after the event is over!

U

uo addict

<blockquote><hr>

On Europa, the Moonglow Beergarden created by ex-IGM Talos was wiped out when the blackrock detector was completed

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, a beer garden at the bottom of a crater would be cool.

G

Here here, I really liked the beer garden, I hope we don't lose it forever

Wenchy

G

There is no blackrock turn in!!!!

U just need 1 piece to take the full effect of both days at the event!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

FYI the guard zone is off you can summon in the machine i just did it

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe in the hole you can but it's not turned off in the city... still says you can not cast that spell in town.

K

Kakitasteel

ok so let me see if i got this right the turn in for ophid and other items is during pub 52 not over the next 2 days..? i hope so ihave to work sat, sun.. i'd hate to miss out on that turn.

I

imported_Fran Fury

<blockquote><hr>

ok so let me see if i got this right the turn in for ophid and other items is during pub 52 not over the next 2 days..? i hope so ihave to work sat, sun.. i'd hate to miss out on that turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's correct.
Might get more things during this time to turn in then but either way the turn ins are not until pub 52.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
When the detector was originally created, it was stated that displaced shard-specific displays would return when all was said and done. But a lot has happened since then so I don't know if the assurance still stands.

C

CowboyX1970

<blockquote><hr>

I don't have any blackrock!

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe if we had a few days to get ready...hmm, I'm crazy...ban me

G

Well I've had months to try and mine some, but I'm VERY lazy about resource gathering. And I refuse to pay outrageous prices for a small piece of it.

I'll admit the posting of the schedule and lack of noting the event on the login screen is bad, but it's my own fault I am without blackrock. I didn't even make it to Moonglow last night and I play shards on both coasts.