• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] BNN: Blackrock Detector to be Unveiled!

G

Be prepared to fight
Be prepared to choose your loyalties

These two lines in combination give me a queasy feeling. I've been too long able to sit back smugly thinking I knew what was coming with this event.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Posted to <a target="_blank" href=http://www.uoherald.com/news/>uoherald.com:</a><blockquote><span class=osi></p>

<font size=+1>BNN: Blackrock Detector to be Unveiled!</br></font> <font size=-1>Jeremy Dalberg </font>
27 Mar 2008 17:25:49 EST

“After initially losing funding from the Mage’s Council in Moonglow, progress on the "blackrock detection machine" resumed late last month with government intervention, and is finally nearing completion. Despite fears of the dangers involved in working with the still-mysterious substance, officials agree on the necessity of knowing where it is. Captain Avery, of the militia, made the following statement:"</p>

To read more, visit the Britannia News Network <a target="_blank" href=http://town.uo.com/bnn/article_589.html>Here</A>:</p>

For more information about the event, see below:</p>

Event occurs over two days </p>

Day One: Do not be concerned if you show up and it all goes up in smoke. Just being there sets the stage for your interactions in Day Two. </p> <ul>Bring blackrock[/list] <ul>Don’t kick Kronos when he’s down[/list]

Day Two: The experiment is unleashed in full form. </p> <ul>Bring blackrock[/list] <ul>Be prepared to be trapped for a little while[/list] <ul>Be prepared to fight[/list] <ul>Be prepared to choose your loyalties [/list]

Collectable items that “seem” to have only decorative purpose will have a turn-in, along with the Ophidian items, in Publish 52. </p>

More information, including times for the event on each shard, will be announced tomorrow. Stay tuned! </p>

G

This is 51. Whether 52 will follow 51 in these times of temporal disturbance, I will not speculate.

I

imported_Fran Fury

<blockquote><hr>

Be prepared to fight
Be prepared to choose your loyalties

These two lines in combination give me a queasy feeling. I've been too long able to sit back smugly thinking I knew what was coming with this event.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am a little worried too. How long will I have to choose? I am not good under pressure and fighting is definitely pressure. And how much blackrock? I like my blackrock...perhaps I have already chosen?

G

- hehe.
Very interesting.

(Say, how did you post four minutes before the original post? Temperal disturbances, eh. Or was the time stamp redone perhaps due to a [news] edit? Hmm..)

K

Kith Kanan

cool a two day event where we can collect stuff to turn in.... to bad I cant attend these two days....... guesse I dont need to worry bout turning anything in.....

I

imported_GalenKnighthawke

<blockquote><hr>

cool a two day event where we can collect stuff to turn in.... to bad I cant attend these two days....... guesse I dont need to worry bout turning anything in.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you save any of the Ophidian items?

It was pretty clear that those items were also going to be part of the turn-in.

-Galen's player

I

imported_GalenKnighthawke

Can anyone [*coughs* Draconi *coughs*] maybe give us a hint as to the exact mechanics of this thing?

For example, can I drop by Moonglow at server-up tomorrow and expect something to be going on?

-Galen's player

I

imported_wrekognize

Once again..Another event I will probably miss because it will be at a specific time...when I work.

B

BadManiac

I'm fairly sure the largest concentration of Blackrock is in the T2A desert near the Ophidian Temple. Huge mountains of the stuff crawling with blackrock elementals. If this detector finds any bigger deposits we're all in trouble.

G

so uh, what if I have no blackrock? and no ophidian items, or us if I live on siege? should I just do something else this weekend?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Say, how did you post four minutes before the original post?

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmm ... interesting. I'm not sure ... but my sage was recently investigating a glow in Moonglow

G

Wonder if they could post the Oce ones in Aussie time for a change

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

“After initially losing funding from the Mage’s Council in Moonglow, progress on the "blackrock detection machine" resumed late last month with government intervention, and is finally nearing completion. Despite fears of the dangers involved in working with the still-mysterious substance, officials agree on the necessity of knowing where it is. Captain Avery, of the militia, made the following statement"

[/ QUOTE ] Just a quick question. Who is actually in charge in the government and the city of Brittiania and Sosaria as a whole?

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm thinking that Decorative items...means rubble? what else is just decorative (meaning you decorate a house with it) that isn't the ophidian items?

G

Hehe, Ophidian Items can still be gotten at the top of Terathan Keep in Fel on Napa. I turned in alot of my "Large Pieces of Blackrock" (They were worth the least) during the Haven turn-in, and i pretty much stopped Mining when they did the Random Resources Change, however i do have about 9 Pieces of Blackrock that i got off of Rift Guardians, if i remember right that type was the most valuable Blackrock type and would get you the real good Doom Arties and Runics back during the Haven Turn-In.

I know just carrying Blackrock in your' pack can Blackrock Infect creatures around you, but i wanna know if it destroys the Blackrock in the proccess. Don't wanna go to the Event with the uninsurable "A Piece of Blackrock" in my pack and have them destroyed because it Infected a Mongbat or one of the Event spawn. I'll likely be using my Blackrock Infected Mage/Arcanist. Either that or my Stealth Assassin that's been in SL since Factions came out.

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As soon as i heard a whisper of blackrock, i ran to luna and purchased a good amount of it before word got out.

G

<blockquote><hr>

As soon as i heard a whisper of blackrock, i ran to luna and purchased a good amount of it before word got out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't find any for sale anywhere on my shard.

C

Connor_Graham

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If your shard happens to be Pacific.........

All your blackrock are mine.

That goes for Ophid "stuff" as well...

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If your shard happens to be Pacific.........

All your blackrock are mine.

That goes for Ophid "stuff" as well...

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHA! If only i had more money i would have done the same thing. I actually came back to get some more too but i guess u must have beat me to it. I'm gonna walk around and see if i can catch some on some old vendors that aren't listed.

C

Connor_Graham

I started speculating about this event weeks ago. I've bought up every piece of blackrock and Ophid item that I could find anywhere. I've got close to 200 pcs of blackrock now. Probably around 50 Ophid or so.

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know there are alot of neglected old vendors on pacific that have old leftover items on em. I been shopping them lately.

E

eolsunder1

Well I actually hope that people who don't have blackrock can have fun at this event. Not everyone hordes up blackrock like little chipmonks. Don't leave everyone out just because they chose NOT to spend millions rounding up blackrock from vendors.

C

Connor_Graham

"Don't leave everyone out just because they chose NOT to spend millions rounding up blackrock from vendors."

Blackrock has been running anywhere from 5-20k per piece, plus it can be mined up. No need for millions to get some.

G

I cant believe people are complaining. You know its a 2 day event. You know it goes on for 2-3 weeks after. You know the turn-in will be in publish 52.

Ive personally posted over the last 2 months to buy up blackrock as a merchant. Ive posted a lot.

I just dont believe the complaints are starting.

Ah well.

F

five oclock

Collectable items that “seem” to have only decorative purpose will have a turn-in, along with the Ophidian items, in Publish 52.

Finally I can get rid of all those Ophidians books and orders and food I been holding onto for some unknow reason. LoL

G

Bit of a bummer if you didn't get ophid items and only a few bits of BR from mining. I pick great times to take breaks from UO

It would be a good idea if there was a wee bump to the BR spawn rate so us latecomers could at least get a few more bits collected lol.

But still, going by the fun on TC stress testing, I'm sure items will be the last thing I'm looking for. I just want front row seats for the Master of Disaster doing what he does best *grins* Items can always be bought later

Wenchy

G

<blockquote><hr>

I wonder if the rat coins are included.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would help me clean out 4 chests of storage.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

That would help me clean out 4 chests of storage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too LOL

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably, since I just threw out an entire chest of them last week.....

C

CowboyX1970

<blockquote><hr>

Can anyone [*coughs* Draconi *coughs*] maybe give us a hint as to the exact mechanics of this thing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Aye, date and time please

G

<blockquote><hr>

I don't have any blackrock!

[/ QUOTE ]

Me either.

I wasn't around for the Ophidian Invasion, so no Orders/Rations/Skins for me.

I'm hoping to still be able to participate in this Event, though...especially since Moonglow is my home. *looks concerned*

I

imported_Hawkeye_Pike

I have gathered a few pieces of Blackrock when mining. But can anyone explain what "Ophidian items" are, and how they can/could be obtained?

simonovsk

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will this be taking place in Felluca too? There is no construction site there next to the Herbal Splendor shop, although the hole is inside just as on Trammel.

And I can't find Inu in Fel.

M

mbecker4

Today isn't going to be a very productive day at work. All my attention is focused on preparing for the event. I wonder if when it mentioned "decorative items" if that was refering to rubble from the mag event. I sure hope so cause I have a lot of common pieces that are just taking up space.

G

I just watched the construction site fall and a new structure built in it's place but what to do with it I have no clue

R

RestlessLA

to all the people who dont have blackrock, im sorta guessing u will be able to find some during this event considering the thing in moonglow is a blackrock detector and all... and to all the people getting ready to turn in ophid items and whatever other "Seemingly decorative" items they have are going to have to wait until the next publish since this is just pub 51 and the turn in is on pub 52... so im guessin u have a month or 2 to go out and horde up as much ophid crap as u possibly can

G

RTLPFC

I was just in Glow on Legends and it's changed as well. You can teleport to the top of the four wall corners and from there you can teleport and target the top of the Black tower and end up in a hole beneath it. You can mark a rune there and gate/recall in and out.

G

Right RestlessLA. Wouldn't be much of an event if it excluded people.

G

Ive got about 250 small pieces and 20-30 original rift pieces. Thousands of ophidian rations and probably over 100 orders and easily a couple of hundred snake skins.

Just from what ive collected personally at each event :s