• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Blackrock Detector Event Schedule

G

<blockquote><hr>

Is There Anyway We Could Get A List of Things That Can Be Turned In I know The Blackrock and Ophidian's But What Else or is that It Maybe Rubble?

[/ QUOTE ]It does not matter at this point, because the turn in will be during Publish <font color="red"> 52 </font> . Our current publish is 51 ...

G

I wish they'd set up a temporary exclusion zone immediately around the device. Crowd control's always a stupidly big hassle at these things.

G

Lake Superior Detector also did not blow up. Woonder if that means anything? Hmm...

G

<blockquote><hr>

I wish they'd set up a temporary exclusion zone immediately around the device. Crowd control's always a stupidly big hassle at these things.

[/ QUOTE ]
The old original stress test actually did have crowd control ... I wonder if we will see it in tomorrow's chapter.

F

Foxie

Those screen shots were from atl I believe and the device did not blow up - someone threw a conflag pot on the thing after the event was all done.

G

So....let's say someone takes 50 pieces of blackrock to the event. Are all the pieces "charged" so to say?

C

CowboyX1970

Good job on the prior notice so we could get guildies and everyone informed and there...*claps* Can people still participate if they weren't there the first night? Or are your odds lessened or something?

I

imported_Lord Kynd

what ???
it happened already ??
that fast ? and it's only 10:30 EST
i thought it wasn't happening until 11pm EST today the 29th ????

G

And so it begins. Day 2 on Atlantic.

Atlantic set a new record of having 500 players in just a few screens! Well done!

And then the citizens started dying!!!!!

The Blackrock infection is on the rise again! The town of Moonglow and it's buildings have begun to colapse!

Watch out for the Shadowlord !

<font color="green">I know I rez'd many players and received some myself. Thanks for all the love out there!!!</font>

S

Stratic Fanatic

Unplayable on Atlantic

I move about 3 tiles per minute with all the lag.

Better off to just stand there and die than to try to fight or run.

G

GWAR_LS

Anyone found anything out on how to kill the shadowlords really fast? I think u cast the blackrock spell with blackrock. Yes it takes your blackrock but he going boom! Whats the Thread do?

G

GWAR_LS

That was the spell he casted to start the machine. How do u get looting rights without blackrock?

J

JoyousGard

Assuming you are talking about the shadowlord...

Well, now that everyone knows about the blackrock spell, it sounds like it is pretty hard to get rights without it. My Cu got me looting rights last night, and that felt really good, but today my Cu got destroyed.

I got a cloak today from shelling out 300k for a small piece of blackrock and running up to the scrum and killing myself while crashing the application.

Bet Ex Wis... all that does is start the machine? Man, I wish we could Bet Ex WIs for something.

I

Isolde

I had a piece of blackrock, but did not get looting rights. Not sure how that is supposed to work. Another thing, what did they mean by we must choose our loyalties? I didn't see how that worked into the event.

I didn't take part in the first event awhile back and I just retured to UO after being gone so I haven't read up on the history of this event. Are we supposed to get loot drops in our packs for fighting and killing the monsters in Moonglow? Or does the loot come in a later publish? How does that work?

C

Connor_Graham

Are we supposed to get loot drops in our packs for fighting and killing the monsters in Moonglow?

The only pack drop is the cloak from the Shadowlords. Everything else has to be looted from the creatures themselves. Planeshield, Planesword, Thread of Life &amp; Thread of Fate are the 4 items that are loot.

Additionally, the Berserker Demon drops a Berserker Scythe which also has to be looted.

R

Repowski

I believe the only thing that auto drops in your back is the Cloak of Corruption. All other goodies need to be looted.

I

Isolde

Bummer. You know those weekend sales when a store has only a few items at a really good price and they advertise like mad so there are hundreds of people there to make a grab for it.......well, I don't go to those either. I hate fighting crowds...:) Oh well, maybe I'll enjoy the next event. I really liked the one we did in Tokuno a few years back.