• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Blackrock Detector \ Bet Wis Ex \ OBITS

Lady Lava

UO Senior News Reporter
Alumni
Blackrock Detector \ Bet Wis Ex \ OBITS

<BLOCKQUOTE>Friday evening when Kronos spoke the words BET WIS EX (a.k.a. locate spell) little did we know what saturday evening would bring.

Early saturday morning I stopped by the the Blackrock Detector location to see a handful of people milling about the new fence that surrounded the detector. Copper wire coming from the stone spike portion of the detector led to a brazier housing a kettle filled with oil of vitroil, very dangerous liquid. The arcane circle was no longer accessible.

<center>
</center>

Stopping by the detector several hours before the event many more people had gathered and lighting was now coming to and from the stone spike. Was it gathering energy ?

<center>

</center>

Returning thirty minutes before the event there were so many people my head started to spin, no not like Linda Blair. Great Lakes has always been known for great turn outs for player and non player run events. This was another example of this.

<center>

</center>

The hands on the clock struck twelve as we all waited with anticipation ... nothing happened other than the lightening stopped.
O'Dell, Gus, Walker and Jan, the four guards stationed at each corner of the detector did not move nor say a word to the heckling crowd.

Then at fifteen past the hour a ball started to appear at the center of the stone spike. It was black and teal in color.

<center>
</center>

The ball of energy then turned red as the spike started to lighten in color.

<center>
</center>

The spike then turned solid white and started to glow!

<center>
</center>

The old hag, Inu The Crone was seen rushing through the crowd, pushing people out of her way, then disappearing quickly.

Then ... <H1>BANG !!!!</H1>

Before I could say Holy Lag I was being killed by a red horse and surrounded by Fetid Essence, not to mention hundreds of dead and dieing!

<center>

</center>

Returning this morning to Moonglow the land is blackened and charred where the detector once stood. In its place is a black forboding moongate. I entered and again much death was to be had and seen.
Rumors that a Cloak of Corruption can be had on the corpses of ShadowLords have been traveling around.

Sundays traditionally I do an Obituary Column of screenshots sent into me by people. This week it will be included in this article and from this event only. Thank you to all that have sent in screenshots to me from and about this event.

<center>

Charlatan A

Homeboy and Madonna

M-One

Richard

Robo

Sir Christopher

C

Chaotic Barbie

Who was taking screenies of me dying and not ressing me!!!

Y

YouKillingUrge

Indeed, very rude. Non the less, thanks for taking the time to takes some pics of the event. Great turn out for GL.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Who was taking screenies of me dying and not ressing me!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I rez'd you a couple of times, but I have to say there are some mighty greedy peeps out there who won't stop for a moment to rez other players. Whatever happened to helping our fellow players? Looks like more people are interested in "event items" than helping to rez :/

Lady Lava

UO Senior News Reporter
Alumni
I got ressed several times, ressed about 10 peeps then recalled out until the next day.