• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Baja Houses Burn!!

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
These scenes taken in Luna central!!

Apparently the wrath of Draconi has struck at least 2 homes in Luna. More details as they become available.

I

imported_Yalp

I saw one explode! Great and terrible shudder, flames reaching high in the sky, and suddenly, there was NOTHING. Nothing but broken stones, blackened earth, and in it's place, an effigy of a traitor. Like a meteor from the sky! Like a bolt from Zeus' trident, like Olympus shaking his staff. poof!

LORD Yalp of Zento, CTDM

I

imported_Hazard

Hrm, I wonder what they were selling... definitely captured my interest.

I

imported_Dragon Mist

It's good to see those that have a problem following the rules getting their just rewards!

UltimatePower

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Hrm, I wonder what they were selling... definitely captured my interest.

[/ QUOTE ]
They had a luna house on just about every shard with the exact same vendor setup selling wood ingots bods and barbed kits etc.

I

imported_Lariat

It wasn't UO Treasures. Some people were having problems accessing the site, but it's still up.

G

UOWoman was the site...and as for UOTreasures well....I'm sorry but I do recall what their EBay offerings were like on a weekly basis.

L

LAH Architect

Once you start associating UO Virtual Pixels with earning rl cash and making a business / main livelihood out of it, your outlook on this game will change. If you saw Bob's interview, he talked about wanting a better life and future for his kids which is great, but this all comes at the expense of the game's economy and affects other players' enjoyment. That is why players like that are branded traitors and sold out to get selfish personal gains. The best way to enjoy this game is not to treat it as a livelihood and frankly as a career path, it's not that bright.

Bob said he makes a six figure sum every month so minimum of USD 100,000 . So say taxes of 50%, that means he pays over 0.5m in rl USD taxes per year. I hope players like him are more honest irl than in virtual. It would really suck to have EA pass some info to the IRS and he could be seeing jail time for tax evading and possibly making really close friends with Bubba and gang in the showers.

On the positive side, he could write a book titled " From Virtual to Real Life " detailing his experiences once he's out. So I guess his financial future for book endorsements and 'fancy lads' merchandise looks great, thou he might suffer occasionally from PTSD whenever muscular sweaty men are around him.

Cheers to all the true fans of UO !

I

imported_Yalp

LAH ..

I've only been in the game for over 2 years, and some may think I'm too young to have an opinion about it.. it should but it isn't gonna stop me.

I can appreciate that people need to make a living. I begrudge no one for that kind of endeavor. I'm sure we will start to hear the stories of how famiies can't eat, and may lose their houses, because of this action. It will definitely pull at my hearstrings. I'm also sure because of the rl cash associated with this EA may have some lawsuits on their hands (hope for their sakes they have good lawyers).

BUT DANG it.. my BOS and mining/LJ got nerfed cause of these guys! And it's hurt my completely honest, by the rules crafters more than it stopped their activity. In fact, it has FORCED me into buying my resources instead of acquiring them myself. A situation that put me into the possibility of buying from the very same people OSI tried to prevent.

It's like someone throwing up a private toll booth on a public road to make some money. Wrong choice dude.. move on!

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow!

Break out the blinkin' marshmallows and graham blinkin' crackers!? That's brilliant! I'm not sure if this is an event or some sort of checks and balances type of thing, compliments of the higher powers; there's some crazy light shows going on. I guess there's a lesson here folks, when UO gives you fire, you make a gigantic bonfire, get nude, break out the alcholic beverages and dance the Snoopy Dance o' Joy and Glee!?

I'm just wondering what's next... Jewel-encrusted toilets and a working sanitary system!?

M

MidnightCosmos

We've paid our taxes since 1999 - but thanks for your concern.

Bob
uotreasures.com

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This additional information in From Cymidei Fier:

Update on the burning house mystery:

Five on Five

http://boards.stratics.com/php-bin/uo/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Number=7623152&amp;page=0&amp;view=collapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=31&amp;fpart=1

"So, what with all the Exploding Houses in Luna, I'm a bit worried about my own stuff. Should I be?"

Not if you're not cheating! We're dead serious about banning people who violate our Terms of Service, but we are also committed to careful research and thorough investigation. If you're in danger of getting your house blown to smithereens, trust me, you know about it.

There is one caveat, though (isn't there always?) If you have a vendor on another person's house, and that house gets blown up, your vendor will also suffer a gruesome fate. Vendor contracts are buyer-beware - make sure you know the reputation of that Luna vendor you're about to tie your name to, and be cautious if you don't know them personally. Customer Service will not restore a vendor lost in this manner, nor will they reimburse for losses.

G

There is another house due way east of luna that is on fire as well..... looks like it was an 18x18. Has the effigy of a traitor as well!