• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Attention Archers! March BSR Results and April Schedule

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The March BSR was held at the SkaraBrae Fairgrounds for the 1st time in a year. The mood was festive and food was plentiful, thanks to Lil Debi. The weather for a March event in the outdoors was cooperating although Snow could still be seen on the ground.

Misfits of Society [M!S] in the tradition of the Society of Archers sponsored the archery contest for all archers in the lands of Baja with free admission and a prize of 1-Million gold. 38 archers aimed to be crowned March's Best Shot in the Realm.

As the 1st round began Toni Fierce, GM of [M!S], called the archers to their respective spots. The shooting began in the time-honored tradition of elimination rounds of shooting. In the first round a record number of shooters failed to post the required 70 points and immediately a debate was born. Some seasoned archers questioned the ability of these shooters as one of them scored a "7" and missed the butte completely with one of her arrows. But then it was realized that the errant shots were coming at the same time as "GRUNTS, BARKING-TYPE NOISES", and slamming of doors was coming from a shack near the buttes guarded by a person named Theoran. An emissary was sent over to the guard and the noises were no longer a factor in the contest. Fyiera Fyre recieved a special prize for being the first shooter eliminated in the contest.

The first two rounds came to a close with 25 shooters including last month's winner, Kathryn, moving into the third round with a score of 150. 12 shooters stood their marks and shot 150 or better in the round, with Kathryn falling out. The crowd now knew a new Champion would be crowned.

Moving into the Robin Hood round were Evolet, Arlon, God's Shadow, Parisa, Alexander, Swan King, Frigin Azim, Vulren, llama, Lil Debi, Sure Enough, and Angel Of Death. Two shooters stepped up to shot 200's in the last round -- Arlon and perennial favorite Frigin Azin -- and a shoot off was called for.

In a tightly contested 5-shot shoot out, Arlon snatched victory and was crowned March's Best Shot in the Realm, receiving 1-million gold and an engraved bow as his prize.

Misfits of Society would like to thank all the shooters who braved cold weather and odd noises to shoot in this fabled event.

The next BSR will be on Friday, April 24th at 8pm Pacific (9pm Mountain, 10pm Central, 11pm Eastern) at the Skara Brae Faire Grounds.

TONI FIERCE, GM [M!S]
**RaisesBow**

March BSR Score Sheet

C

Crow

Yay!

Thanks to the people of M!S for keeping a tradition alive, and especially everyone who supports it. Maybe one of these days I'll come back so I can not win like usual.

And of course, to our dedicated reporter...*thumbs up*

:)

M

Merv DeGriff

You know, I do have a related request regarding this event series...

Please use cotton bales for the archery butte? The thunk sounds of the arrows gets old after the 1st round is done. I live just across the way... If you cannot afford fine wood or cotton. (I know full well many rangers take oaths of poverty!) Please pass some of you fine drink... perhaps my hiccuping will drown out the bullseyes?

I realy should attend these... you are across the road from my house for crying out loud!

M

Merv DeGriff

That was interesting to watch, not spoiling the results though! The poetry from Anya was pretty fun too.

(ya DWN folks for the fun rp)