• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Another night of Knights

G

<div> <table width="100%" border="1"> <tr> <td width="70">
</td> <td width="728"> <p align="center"><font color="#004080" size="4">A Night of Knights</font></p></td> <td width="70">
</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="3" background="http://uo.stratics.com/newspics/siege/SilverCross-BG.jpg"> <table width="100%" border="1"> <tr> <td valign="top" width="192">                                               </td> <td width="482"> 
t was but a short time ago that the good lady Miranda was granted the title of Knight, atop the Temple of Mithras in Wintermoor.
It had been some time since any knighting had occurred there, and, until recent months, it was thought that the knight were all but gone from the lands.

But, a night ago, another knighting took place, showing that, just as other old traditions and groups of Siege are returning, or taking on a new face, such as the orcs, the Knights of the Silver Serpent are still here, and gradually growing.

And, as you will see below, there are some faces in the crowd who have not been seen on Siege in a while! (No, not Ardith the Chef!)

<table width="457" align="center" border="1"> <tr> <td>
</td></tr></table>

This Wednesday past, a group of people from many guilds of Siege gathered once more on the temple rooftop, and bore witness as Squire Toth Ur'Zrethi took his knightly vows, and arose as Sir Toth, Knight!

<table width="200" align="center" border="1"> <tr> <td>
</td></tr></table>
Knight Commander Rizarium lead the ceremony, hearing Squire Toth's vows.
When all had been spoken, Py Lethius stepped forward, and, taking the ceremonial sword, knighted Toth.

<table width="300" align="center" border="1"> <tr> <td>
</td></tr></table>

Congratulations were given, fireworks flew, and a fine party was held in the Wintermoor tavern thereafter!

Congratulations, Sir Toth!
</td> <td>                 </td></tr></table></td></tr> <tr> <td width="10" bgcolor="#004080">   </td> <td width="728"><font color="#004080">But Otto, you say, you reported on a knighting just a short while ago!
Why cover another one?

Simple. Firstly, they are my friends. I therefore get to hear of the events easily.

Secondly, I was asked to. Anyone is always welcome to request coverage of an event.
Where possible, I will always do all I can to comply.

Lastly, and more importantly, I believe that this, like Miranda's recent knighting, shows the true strength of our community. The start of this event was unavoidably delayed - yet these people stood on a rooftop for over an hour, for their friends. People from non-allied guilds such as Waka and TnT, as well as those in CWS and of course KSS, all gathered together.  These folks could have been at the radio show in Luna, out PvPing, farming gold, or any number of other things - but they chose to be here.

That, for me, is one of the best aspects of Siege - the people. You.</font>
</td> <td width="101" bgcolor="#004080">   </td></tr></table></div>

Q

Quentico

It was too bad no invitations were sent out to TSR for this event in advance. Kemo and myself would have liked to attend.

Lord Quentico
Flame Guardian
TSR - The Seeker's of Righteouesnes

I

imported_Daan Mor

They weren't?
Uh oh, someones in trouble...

But Congratulations Sir Toth!