• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Advanced Champion Spawns Every Saturday Night

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Advanced Champion Spawns Every Saturday Night
(This first time event will be hosted Sunday February 22nd then every Saturday after)

Many of you may know Elendil Felagund as a former admiral with past invasions. He is willing to lead the cause again but this time in search of fortune for all who choose to participate. He has recently volunteered to host an additional community hunt for us players to gather for the more advanced champion spawns that Ilshenar and Malas have to offer.

This Sunday February 22nd will mark the first time of this event at 8pm CST. All players interested in doing the Advanced Champion Spawn Community Hunt will meet above the bank in Luna. Take the steps up next to the Shrine of Wisdom in the meeting room there.

This Sunday night’s Advanced Champion Hunt:

The Pestilence Champion Spawn located under the graveyard in Bedlam, Umbra
(Post your ideas, templates and suggestions!)

Thank you Elendil for taking on the community and offering us another night of adventure!

Salmar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought I had replied to this! I shall surely be there to die many times, but still have a great time. Hope to see lots of people.

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes! All we need now is to know wtheck to bring and do
*hint hint*
*nudge nudge*
*grins*

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes! All we need now is to know wtheck to bring and do
*hint hint*
*nudge nudge*
*grins*
No one remembers the time I led an expedition down there, on behalf of the Vesper Museum, eh?

The spawn is accessed through the west end of Bedlam, through the crypt in the graveyard area. Make sure people don't try to fight the spawn on the way unless they absolutely have to.

http://www.uoguide.com/Pestilence_Champion_Spawn

It's a tough spawn, arguably the toughest, and no character is really good down there. Bring a character you're comfortable with.

Hope for large numbers. LARGE numbers.

The spawn area is frightfully enclosed. Try and set up a rez station somewhere in the western corridor, and have the rezzers throw EVs/NFs into the main room in order to have a chance at an artifact, and to move things along faster.

Level 3, the plague beast lords? The old "cast paralyze, then cut them open with an edged weapon or scissors" trick still works. Basically when you don't solve the puzzle that opens up where you try to cut out the creature's mutation core, the thing just bleeds to death. Whether or not it counts as killing them for purposes of advancing spawn, I don't know, but it gets them out of the way way faster than trying to actually fight them does.

Only slayer I'm aware of working is on level 4, with the Pestilent Bandages (and that's Undead, as they are basically harder Mummies).

-Galen's player

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
yep thats the suggestions I was hoping for Galen *winks*

I too am hoping for large numbers and will "sit" this one out with a rez/heal up wherever i can muster it, hehe. Let's hope the Oscars are not that interesting *grins*

E

Elendil Felegund

Good ideas all Galen. I've done the champ a couple of times and agree with all your points. Airmids going to rez\heal tonight and i think i'll help her as well. Id like maybe another depending upon group size to help with this and I would like to set up on the west side just inside the enterance. That way we can maintain fields. Things tend to bunch up on the fields that need killing off so I plan on doing that mainly and helping to get people back in to the action by rezing and such.

One thing I want to be sure of is that everyone can get in to Bedlam. So if you dont have the quest, you can get it from the npc just outside (forgot name) and then go to spirit shrine in Ish and get the unicorn legs and what have you in order to enter. Id say prepare for this, I dont know that we will have time to wait for people to get the quest. If some one doesnt have the quest then Id suggest to just meet up with us inside once they can enter.

S

Stupid Miner

Judging by the stats, the best best for warriors (for the entire spawn on average) is cold damage. mummies are probably low fire, but i dont know, and grizzles are low poison. Make SURE you're not using a repond weapon on an undead monster or it'll hit you for double damage.

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a bunch of the ingredients needed for the entry quest i'll bring em

S

Stupid Miner

btw plague beast lords eat corpses to heal, so your corpse will decay 5 minutes faster (turns flesh corpse to bones). Bog things eat boglings for +health so kill all the boglings adjacent to bog things first.

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Special thanks to Elendil and B^C guild for hosting the first of hopefully many advanced champs. I gave up counting people past 20 so I would say a great first time showing! The champ was felled in just over a half hour! I spent my time in the corner with a dunce...er rez cap on but I managed a picture after it was over.
Enjoy and hope to see you next week!

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was extremely impressed by this. Nice job everyone, especially of course Elindil who put it together.

-Galen's player

Special thanks to Elendil and B^C guild for hosting the first of hopefully many advanced champs. I gave up counting people past 20 so I would say a great first time showing! The champ was felled in just over a half hour! I spent my time in the corner with a dunce...er rez cap on but I managed a picture after it was over.
Enjoy and hope to see you next week!

E

Elendil Felegund

I believe this was one of the best events that I've been involved in to date. It reminds me of the first Ophid war and how the community came together to accomplish a goal. I'm no vet of this champ although I've done it a couple times before but I was pretty much shocked as to how we advanced the spawn and progressed to the champ. Extremely impressed as to how quickly it was done and in an organized fashion. Thanks for the credit Galen and for your help as well. I did a small part but I’d like to give credit to all those who participated. I didn’t find out if anyone got a drop so if someone knows, please post.

S

Stupid Miner

Sorry, I missed it, i was asleep... and if i wasnt asleep i would have been doing homework... (and i still need to be doing homework :lame:)

Salmar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was out of town with the wife and in-laws having dinner for my wife's birthday. My birthday is coming up so we celebrated both. They took us to one of our favorite places. Nothing too fancy, but that's the way I like it. Unfortunately I'll be at my parent's next week for my birthday dinner. My mom's birthday is leap day, so we'll celebate hers as well.

I think after that I'll be set to attend, and since it's my birthday party, and we're having a home cooked dinner for it, I'll be near highspeed internet, and a new laptop with UO on it, so who knows. I just might attend for a bit.

Glad to hear the Bedlam champ went so quickly. I would have loved to be there, but here looking forward to the next one! Let's keep the momentum going!