• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] A Time To Choose, A Call To Fight

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
from UO - Origin Events

A Time To Choose, A Call To Fight
Posted By EMFaineMorgan on September 4, 2009

The following letter was receive in the EM office today from Lady Dawn. The citizens’ help is needed urgently.

“My friends, the time has come to choose your sides. I call on you today to help take back our lands and free them from the evil permeating every corner. For too long our lands and our families have strained under the yoke of a puppet king. We have seen this puppet twist and corrupt the virtues we sought to live by. We have seen evil penetrating our lands and been able only to halt the invasions temporarily. At every turn, the invaders have come back bringing death and destruction with them.

While we have stood strong and faced each test, the time has now come to once and for all drive this evil from our lands and reclaim our birthright, our very freedom. The time has come to stand up and say we will uphold the virtues as passed to us from Lord British. The time has come to drive the invaders back to the void from whence they came.

I call on all the citizens to stand up and fight! You will not fight alone and the battle will not be easy, but you must each make the choice if you will help rid the lands of the Crimson Dragons and the Shadow Lords – NOW before it is too late and our way of life is lost forever. The Platinum Dragons have vowed to help us in our fight and have sworn to bring the battle to the remaining Crimson Dragons. The elders know that it will not be easy and that they may lose some of their own. But they are willing to sacrifice themselves, if need be, to aid us in our battle for our very lives. Will you join with the elders and drive the Crimsons back once and for all? Or will you choose the side of darkness over light?

While the Platinum Dragons, with your help, will bring the fight to the Crimsons, I will be preparing the way for our destruction of the Shadow Lords. By using this two pronged attack, I pray we may emerge victorious and drive the darkness out of our lands once and for all.

Prepare yourselves my friends. Sharpen your blades, ready your bows, prepare your strongest spells. Keep an eye out for the signs of the call to battle and rally when called. Together, we WILL defeat this foe and reclaim our lives!

Your ever humble servant,
Lady Dawn”

Saturday - 1 p.m. Pacific (2 p.m. Mountain, 3 p.m. Central, 4 p.m. Eastern) - Meet at Empath Abbey, Yew, Felucca

Sunday - 3 p.m. Pacific (4 p.m. Mountain, 5 p.m. Central, 6 p.m. Eastern) - Meeting place to be announced (Trammel)

Please keep an eye out for the lanterns and for Jemma with information on times and rally points.

**Special note from your EM’s – This will be a two day, two part event.

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unfortunately I won't be able to attend this today ... Would someone please get screenshots, etc? Thanks!!

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, not to be a complete ass. *tries to fold down his long ears* But I didn't want to ask last night about cloaks and pie. Its day has probably come and gone, but I was curious.

Last word I read was that there would be other opportunities. Anyone have word, or should I check the em site?