• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News]A Day In The Life And Death Of Cear Dallben

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A Day In The Life And Death Of Cear Dallben:
Fellow Sosarian

Ultima Online, a persistent world. One with depth and endless possibility.

I woke up yesterday morning. it was 10am. My day off. It was raining outside.
Some would find that to be gloomy or depressing. I found it to be an excellent time
to get some coffee, listen to the rain drop, and immerse myself in to as many aspects
of this world we all live in as I could. Perhaps some crafting of wares, questing,
a trip down memory lane. And what day would be complete in Ultima with out an intense
array of slaying.

Objective one, Crafting. With the help of more civilized gargoyles I have learned to craft
stones that can hold the lore learned from one, and give to another. And Sadly my new friend, Lord Harvey Malstroom, had named his crafter, HS HdfhjSHfal. Which is never acceptable.
To we set off to gather what we needed to craft this magnificent Soul Stone.

To the Prism of Light!
Twas glorious. as we waited outside the exhibit a gate appeared and
an army came before us. and in the name of slaying, it was done.

=

Next Objective, Explore old realms. I thought it would be a good time to go visit Rivendell. And if you have never been there, or know not of what I speak. To go Felucca Britain and head straight up. You will find one of Atlantics Oldest Establishments. I made my way into the Hungry Halfling Tavern. It was empty and in ruins. But that did not stop me from drinking the ale. I left a Mark on the bulletin board and went to sit by the fountain. As I sat there, taking handfuls of water to the mouth I heard a noise. First that of magical relocation then that of hard labor. I went to greet the fellow Sosarian and perhaps invite him in for an ale. But as I approached the man he seemed to stand there lifeless, like a damned soul forced to repeat the same action for all eternity. Assuming he was one of Minax's resource gathering automatons, I made quick work of him.... No blackrock :(

Shortly after I ran into my friend, Harvey Malstroom who claimed he had beaten to the north, by a section of mountains that resembled the symmetrically cut top half of a bowtie in space......

For giving me such a ridiculous description of where he was killed, I stabbed him in the chest until he died.
Then called in back up to bring this murderer to justice. Cal Hurst[CoM][:8:] and I set off to the north. We combed the land for hours but found no such man. Perhaps he was hiding in the shadows. We were saddened by this, and decided to extend this trip down memory lane. We headed to the Britain Crossroads. This used to be a great hot spot for good old fashioned player vs player combat. So we stopped by to check it out and talk of all the good times here. What, a, coincidence....
A keep had just fallen at the cross roads and it was a raging battle for loot and life. Huzzah! Battle!
Cal Hurst and I were immediately attacked by the dominate guild there, HOT. Cal managed to drag one off into the woods and slay him. I sadly, was slain by a gigantic woman with a lance galloping on a polar bear.
Luckily there was a healer near by and I managed to gather my belongings and hang around for a while and watch the festivities from a safe distance.

Moments later I received a message. It was giant polar bear woman! "Greetings and good fight" I said.
She informed me of something I did not notice. My alchemy talisman had been looted from my body!
I had just bought this yesterday. Leave it to me to run around felucca with insane loot in my pack....
She made the honorable offer to give it back to me in Trinsic. I met her there and gave my thanks. I have GOT to keep a better eye on my things. This kind of action gives a man respect for his adversaries. And adds to the fluctuating system of karma we have in Ultima. Shortly after this I met a man in covetous slashing his way thru the den of harpies. We battled for hours. Valor and skill with every move. But he soon fell. And he left before I could get him on his feet. I noticed that on him were his sleeves. Very nice. I waited from him to return and thanked him for the battle. And I paid it forward, giving him his sleeves and wishing him luck.

The day was growing dark, and the horrors were just beginning to come out of the shadows. There was only one thing left on my list...
SLAY
Nh'bdy and I amassed what forces we could and ventured into the Stygian Abyss.
We did not stop riding until we stood before the home of the Primeval Lich.
We fought for hours. People came and they went. But we stayed. From time to time you could hear the voice of the Lich in your head, taunting you.

We slew his minions and at last, and he was forced to show himself, and back his claims.
He Came,

and He Went.

What a world we live in. Where friends and enemies can be made every day, battles are won and lost, and anything is possible.

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
great write up!, Is that SA or EC?
This is the Enhanced Client. There are only two clients out right now. The classic 2d client. and the Enhanced client(formerly known as the stygian abyss client) which is just 2d with new textures, advanced UI and a few more bells and whistles. It is still in beta, and KR has been discontinued