• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Newly rebuilt suit.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
120 Magery, Meditation, Resisting Spells, Musicanship, Discordance, Provocation. Will be swapping Resisting Spells for Spellweaving for certain fights.

Base stats are 125 Str, 10 Dex, 120 Int.

The suit gives:
84/87/100/86/71, 100 lrc, 40 lmc, 28 mr, 5 sdi, 4 dci, 2/6 (3/6 with town bonus), 25 str, 25 hp, 5 dex, 12 int, 16 mana, 1 spell consumption, 1 casting focus, 10 hpr, 3 kinetic eater, 4 hci, 20 rpd. Decided not to bother with DCI as I rarely get hit.

Giving:
150 Str, 150 Hp, 15 Dex/Stam, 132 Int, 151 Mana.

Using a Mage Weapon Heavy Crossbow (yes you heard right!) which due to it's base damage is a useful extra hit if I want it (40ish damage against most things). Plus it has Mana Drain. Also using Gauntlets Of Virtue Bane, which have Spell Consumption, which apparently either nullifies spell damage completely or absorbs it as Mana, so very handy when running Masteries.

This rebuild was mainly for the purpose of maxing out Mana Regen for Tribulation and Despair, it's 2 away but isn't using a robe or sash, or boots or earrings.

When running both Provoke Masteries I have:
173 HP, 26 Dex/Stam, 143 Int, 162 Mana, 23 HCI, 49 DI, 24 SDI, and heal every 2 seconds. Also can go in protection and still be all 70's, and is Corpse Skin proof to all 70's.

When I get the ingredients I'll also be using the Armor Refinements to drop the DCI cap as I'm not using it anyway for 75 in all resists.

Last edited:

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Untitled.jpg
Well Doom was no problem. The increased regen means I can run Tribulation and Despair and shoot arrows while depleting their Mana. Abysmals for example were taking 100+ from Physical Despair, plus 60 I think from Tribulation, plus another 30 from the Heavy Crossbow. The most I had to do was Lesser Heal.

Only minor things of note that might challenge some people:
Flesh Renderer's, they don't have a Slayer, and they're going to dismount so you're going to take hits. Tanking on this even without DCI was easy with or without Protection (mostly off for faster casting). Technique - summon Earth Elementals, because they have the highest defense against being dispelled and you can heal them with Heals and Gift Of Renewals. Have them attack, the important bit is positioning, move so that the Flesh Renderer walks on to the same tile as the summon, monster AI retargets whatever is closest to it and flagged, and so even if the Flesh Renderer is on me (which is no problem) I can easily make it fight the summon instead without having to keep Invising (which would waste Mana), just by taking a step in the right direction. This gives me chance to tab out and Med up fully when needed before a full Tribulation/Despair/Mind Blast/Heavy Crossbow shot.

On the Dark Fathers, they counter attack ranged damage and have increased speed when they do, so to counter this, just stand adjacent or on top of when running Tribulation/Despair. Despair was doing 100+. While still Provoking everything that spawns back on to it. Obviously aiming for Rotting Corpses and Lich Lords. If nothing good has spawned use some EV's or Despair and run in circles.

Having all 70's with Prot or Corpse Skin was nice, though I later realised from the first post that I can't Refine the armor's resists any higher as it is Medable.

kentuckyjoe

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could you post the individual pieces to your suit, including the weapon, jewelry, etc? I"m intrigued by this setup and would like to see how you get all of the mods along with the resists.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
How long did the DF take? Despair damage lands, every 2 sec? 30k hp, even 100 per second still takes nearly an hour... If two DF spawn, can you provo them against each other?

What's your total build? I've been casually raising my bard skills (I have peace and disco at 90, and a plan for provo, just not done it yet). I can probably run in a pretty similar suit too.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Could you post the individual pieces to your suit, including the weapon, jewelry, etc? I"m intrigued by this setup and would like to see how you get all of the mods along with the resists.
Sure.

Head: 2/21/23/1/17, 20 lrc, 10 lmc, 3 mr, 4 dci, 4 str, 4 int, 4 hci - Loot
Neck: 17/19/18/13/18, 5 lrc, 6 lmc, 4 mr, 4 int, 8 mana - Loot
Chest: 5/18/17/18/17, 10 lmc, 4 mr, 2 int, 8 mana, 1 casting focus - Loot
Arms: 18/6/6/18/6, 10 lmc, 20 rpd, 5 hp, 1 spell consumption - Gauntlets Of Virtuebane
Gloves: 17/4/18/18/19, 20 lrc, 3 mr, 4 str, 5 hp, 1 hpr, 3 kinetic eater - Loot
Legs: 17/19/18/18/4, 25 lrc, 2 lmc, 3 mr, 4 str, 5 hp, 2 int - Loot
Back: 2 lmc, 1 hpr, 1 mr, 1 sr - Shadow Cloak Of Rejuvenation
Talisman: 10 lrc, 1 mr, 5 sdi, 10 skill - Mystic's Memento
Ring: 1/3 casting, 15 Magery, 7 Str - Imbued
Bracelet: 8 physical, 10 lrc, 1/3 casting, 8 str - Imbued
Weapon: 9 mr, 6 hpr, sc no penalty, -15 mage weapon - Loot heavy X bow
Apron: 5 dex, 10 hp, 2 hpr - Crimson Cincture
Sash: 10 lrc, 2 mr, 5 int - Blackthorn Doublet
Occasional extra: 1 FC town bonus for making masteries cast slightly faster

The Blackthorns doublet was a late addition, I now have 30 mr, and used the 10 lrc it gives to lower the amount on the brace for an extra 2 Str.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
How long did the DF take? Despair damage lands, every 2 sec? 30k hp, even 100 per second still takes nearly an hour... If two DF spawn, can you provo them against each other?

What's your total build? I've been casually raising my bard skills (I have peace and disco at 90, and a plan for provo, just not done it yet). I can probably run in a pretty similar suit too.
Probably about 30 minutes. It isn't just taking damage from Despair, it's taking damage from all the Provokes and quite often double hits from Tribulation, and anything else I do, like Mindblast and Heavy Crossbow hits.

Total build is in the first post.

Masteries depend on real skill.

You can't Provoke two DF's because they can't be the first target of a Provoke attempt, only the second, there did used to be a way to get two DF's to fight using Provoke but I think it was fixed. This is because it's considered overpowered if anything other than a Tamer or Sampire can solo it.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Right, tribulation has the chance to trigger extra direct damage any time something hits it. I wasn't thinking about that. I gotta make friends with a bard. An 84% chance to do 50% bonus damage (75 with slayer book)... Plus something that is already dosco'd, and maybe corpse skin'd down... crikey.

Alternately, I gotta finish my bard off, and make friends with someone with a good melee character.

Question: why not run in wraith? You should have basically unlimited mana that way.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Corpse Skin is only useful if you are hitting with Fire or Poison damage, if you are hitting with Physical or Cold you would do less damage.

To use Wraith Form to leech mana you need Spirit Speak. I don't run it because I don't have room for it and a lot of the time I'm killing things that I don't want to be on foot against. When you fail a Provoke attempt you get targeted, if you can't Invis, you off screen.

Rasah

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Returning newb here. I've always played a bard and I really like the changes they've made since I've been gone (~'05). Can you tell me a little about the benefits of each race for this kind of template? and a mystic/bard?

Was hoping to go Gargoyle, will that be a problem to gear? I have nothing but the guild has given me some gold/powerscrolls and helps me with LRC suits and stuff.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Race won't make any difference to this template. Being a Gargoyle is useful on a Mystic because Rising Colossus takes 5 control slots, and flying let's you be at mounted speed while using the Colossus, but that said, most Mystic's want to be in Stone Form anyway which is on foot. So racially there's not really a lot of difference. I tend to prefer Human characters unless there's a need to be Gargoyle. I never/rarely play Elfs.

No problem to gear any race.