• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tech Help] Newibie Questions about Ultima Online Stygian Abyss Client UI Manual V.1

athos_uo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could someone please answer my primitive questions?

There is Custom_UI_Documentation.zip file now in \UserInterface directory.

I have extractied this file and followed instructions of the documentation, but I have failed at the first step.

SampleWindow won't come up.

I have added "<Include file="Source/SampleWindow.xml" />" to \UserInterface\test\Interface.xml.
I have added "CreateWindow( "SampleWindow", false )" to \UserInterface\test\Interface.lua.

I have created "SampleWindow.xml" in \UserInterface\test\Source as instructed.
I have created "SampleWindow.lua" in \UserInterface\test\Source as instructed.

I have typed on console: "/script WindowSetShowing("SampleWindow", true).

But nothing happened.

I have called debugwindow, set Logs(On) and Reload UI.

I could find some errors about UI:
[09/12/01][09:55:32] [Error]: Script Call failed - Error while calling [SampleWindow.Shutdown]:
[string "UserInterface/test/Source/SampleWindow.lua"]:12: attempt to call field 'SaveSettings' (a nil value)
[09/12/01][09:55:33] [Error]: Error Loading XML Definition $parentBackground: Template HUDBackgroundBlack not found
[09/12/01][09:55:33] [Error]: Error Loading XML Definition $parentTitleBar: Template DefaultWindowTitleBar not found
[09/12/01][09:55:33] [Error]: Error Loading XML Definition $parentClose: Template DefaultWindowCloseButton not found
[09/12/01][09:55:33] [Error]: Error Loading XML Definition $parentBottomFrame: Template DefaultWindowResizeBottomFrame not found
[09/12/01][09:55:33] [Error]: Script Call failed - Error while calling [SampleWindow.Initialize]:
[string "UserInterface/test/Source/SampleWindow.lua"]:4: attempt to call field 'LoadSettings' (a nil value)

What is wrong?

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The lines in Initialize and Shutdown are not valid for the EC client.

Use...
Code:
WindowUtils.RestoreWindowPosition( "SampleWindow" )
and
Code:
WindowUtils.SaveWindowPosition( "SampleWindow" )
instead.

athos_uo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The lines in Initialize and Shutdown are not valid for the EC client.

Use...
Code:
WindowUtils.RestoreWindowPosition( "SampleWindow" )
and
Code:
WindowUtils.SaveWindowPosition( "SampleWindow" )
instead.
Oh, thanks! Hmm, I see, WindowUtil.lua includes various functions about handling windows. WindosUtil.lua of now doesn't have functions of WindowUtils.LoadSetting() or WindowUtils.SaveSettings() and they are substituted with their successors....

* I thought of one thing and went to sub-PC and read the old manual for KR *

Boo, it can't be, perhaps the new manual is the same as that of KR?

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The KR client actually never had the SaveSettings and LoadSettings calls either. The manual is a mix of KR/EC stuff and WAR client stuff. Most of it is valid for all three clients, but some of it isn't appropriate for the EC.

athos_uo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The KR client actually never had the SaveSettings and LoadSettings calls either. The manual is a mix of KR/EC stuff and WAR client stuff. Most of it is valid for all three clients, but some of it isn't appropriate for the EC.
Thanks again!

I feel this is the first time that I really know when I should say "Oh, my God".

I hope that this client will be not mere mixture of useful functions, but made synthetically under some good principles suitable for UO.