• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Newbie Questions

M

Madra

Man, this game is complicated :p It's like you're speaking a whole other language and I've been playing for a week! I've got my toon up to 33 laff today and just moved on to the Donald area. I have a few questions I haven't been able to find answers to so please be kind to this elderly sim bear.

Is there any way to actually TALK to people in the game rather than just through the preset sentences? If so, how?

Is there a way to drop a quest if you decide you don't really want to do that one?

How many jellybeans does my house bank hold?

I keep seeing messages that an upgraded fishing pole will get you larger fish. Where does one FIND a new pole?

Granny Gwen

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome to Toontown Stratics!

Is there any way to actually TALK to people in the game rather than just through the preset sentences? If so, how? You do that by making secret/true friends. You must know the person (or meet people in a place like this) and swap codes. Then you will be able to understand everything that person is saying. It's a safety thing for the kiddies that play. You also have to be a subscriber to do this, no free accounts!

Is there a way to drop a quest if you decide you don't really want to do that one? 'Fraid not. :(

How many jellybeans does my house bank hold? 1000 at first. You will see options to buy banks in your cattlelog as the weeks go by.

I keep seeing messages that an upgraded fishing pole will get you larger fish. Where does one FIND a new pole? Also in your cattlelogs. Make sure to check them every week!

G

Granjell

Hi Granny Gwen - if you'd like to be True Friends, send me a code via personal message. I'd be happy to help you.

Marge - Granny Jellyroll Jabberbumble (111 laff)/Missus Hoggat (62 laff)

M

Madra

Thanks Trish! For a Disney kiddie game, this is certainly addictive :D

PS.... how does one get or find their code? (I did end up upgrading the account after I discovered I couldn't finish the first track on the freebie one)

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Click the Friends button in the upper right, then the blue button within that panel. From there, you can enter a code or generate one to give. There is also DXD as an option too.. You can see friends no matter what toon they are on, but you can only whisper to them, no open chat.

M

Madra

Oh thank you Sara! That's a helpful guide :) Just on first glance I see something I didn't know... I didn't realize there are multiple districts to choose from. Sometimes the lag has been so bad I've just given up and quit.

S

Stubby

Hi There and Welcome,

I would like to make you a secret friend. I will send you a code on private mail the next time I get into TT. If you need any help we can pretty much answer most questions. I live in the eastern time zone and I am on later in the evening and sometimes during early afternoon. Take Care!! ;)

M

Madra

Can you use a code more than once or do I need to generate a new code for every friend?

S

SaraFunnyweather

You can only use it once. It's also good to give a friend more than one code when you pm them a code since sometimes the code doesn't always work when you try it - some bug Disney never worked out I think.

M

Madra

I helped take over my very first cog building!!! :D

Thanks for the friend code advice... next time in I'll generate a few :)

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I helped take over my very first cog building!!! :D

Thanks for the friend code advice... next time in I'll generate a few :)
I have one request. Since we are on these temp boards, and they can be readable by all, please use the private message feature of Stratics for sending codes to one another. On the old forumss, we had a subforum just for SF and TF code swapping, and it couldn't be read by anyone who wasn't a member of Stratics (so, 13+ in theory). Here, since we're temporary and only have one forum, everyone, member or not, can read everything. So please, use the private message feature for passing along codes. For everyone's safety.

M

Madra

*nod* I figured that since they appear to take their security so seriously. Good reminder to everyone new though!

L

loadexfa

I have a lower laff toon that I'm working on. Feel free to PM me a TF code as well. Once you start playing with TF's the game gets MUCH BETTER!

Josh

Y

Yippie Fiddletoes

Man, this game is complicated :p It's like you're speaking a whole other language and I've been playing for a week! I've got my toon up to 33 laff today and just moved on to the Donald area. I have a few questions I haven't been able to find answers to so please be kind to this elderly sim bear.

Is there any way to actually TALK to people in the game rather than just through the preset sentences? If so, how?

Is there a way to drop a quest if you decide you don't really want to do that one?

How many jellybeans does my house bank hold?

I keep seeing messages that an upgraded fishing pole will get you larger fish. Where does one FIND a new pole?

Granny Gwen