• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Newbie house question

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just happen to have a question.

I have a house with several thousand items and a million+ stones inside. Now I want to change some walls/floors. Would this mean I would need to release/move everything?
Or can I safely leave things locked down/secure (expecting they would go into the house moving crate), when entering the customising mode?

Also, what about vendors? There's one in this particular house. Would I need to remove this?
Or if I was to remove an entire floor, would those items go to my moving crate?

The items are rather valuable, so I'd rather not take any risks. But moving the items will take me many hours.

C

Chaotic Barbie

You shouldn't have to move any items. If a wall is placed over an item or it is blocked by something when you customize it should go into the crate.

But i'm not sure about the vendors I think those will have to be taken down.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Also, what about vendors? There's one in this particular house. Would I need to remove this?

[/ QUOTE ]
Only if the vendor is owned by another account. If its your own vendor, its ok to customize the house, as the vendor will just go into the moving crates.

<blockquote><hr>

Or if I was to remove an entire floor, would those items go to my moving crate?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, the items will be in their original locations when you commit the design with a floor gone. If your wanting to remove an entire floor without picking everything up, go into the customization menu and place wall tiles on every tile on that floor, then commit, and go back into customization mode and remove the walls and floors tiles. That way everything will go into the crate.

G

my personal rule: Even thou it's 99% prob going to go into the moving crate, if it's an item I'd literally cry over and made me quit UO forever and ever if i ever lost it...into the bank it goes. No sense in putting myself thru UO heartbreak if i can pop it into the bankbox for a day.

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you all
. I'll be sure to bank everything that's worth a lot.

I'll leave the few hundred k boards/ingots/etc in the secures. The thought of having to transfer those with 5 packies gave me nightmares.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Only if the vendor is owned by another account. If its your own vendor, its ok to customize the house, as the vendor will just go into the moving crates.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you place a vendor in your own house? never been able to figure this out, and yeah I been playing eight years!

G

Not sure if your actually serious or not, but just in case you are being serious... just go to the bank and buy a vendor deed (the white one, not the red ones), take it to your house, stand where you want the vendor to be at and double click on the deed in your pack.

G

lol unfortunately serious as a heart attack! They screwed me up with the red vendor contracts...this will make life a lot easier! Thanks and yeah you can laugh at me!