• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) New2 Graduations and Safe Haven Road Duel Events

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Hello All

Safe Haven and NEW2 have a shared event for you Friday August 1th, 5 pm EST US time.
Next even will be Friday August 15, time will be 6 pm EST US time and then each Friday in odd weeks.

Part 1. NEW2 Graduations Event
I know there had not been any graduations events as we only had few members and my RL did not allow me the time I needed. This part of the event will be in my castle
This event are meant as a chance for NEW2 and former NEW2, who made it this year to meet the shard, if they not already found a guild.
It will be more informal than with earlier events as most did get their graduations gift when they made it to one month.
The event will start Friday 1th august 5 pm EST and will last an hour I think. I will have a robe and a hat for graduated NEW2 so they are easier to find to the party.
After the party, Safe Haven will make an informal dueling event at the road north of TDO* Guild Tower, the Tower will be open for players who only want to watch.
One of the duels will be "Noobs kill that Red", where a red will be willing to let a group of newbies and crafters try to take him down. He is allowed to defend him self and some may need several res before they success it. If they can't kill him, we will try to add a few more newbies or crafters.
I hope all will have a good day

Part 2. Safe Haven Road Duel Event
After the NEW2 Graduations event, Safe Haven will try to bring back a little of the old Safe Haven spirit. In the past, we had a lot duels on the road.
It will be informal with very few rules. We ask nicely, that each dualing group agree if they want looting in their duel, else we ask it to be no looting at the event.
We will mark a part of the road for the duels and when one group are done, that be 1 vs 1 or 1 vs x or x vs x, the next group can start.
It will be at the road north for TDO* Guild Tower, the Tower will be open for players who only want to watch.
We will try to find a duel master, who can sign up the groups and one to write down the results and make a report with screen shots.
The first duel will be the last part of the NEW2 Graduations event. I call it "Noobs kill that Red", where a red will be willing to let a group of newbies and crafters try to take him down. He is allowed to defend him self and some may need several res before they success it. If they can't kill him, we will try to add a few more newbies or crafters.
As this are our first event, it may not be perfect, but the main goal are to have fun.
I know it is a short notice but hope to see some. If anyone feel they can add something to the event, feel free to contact me.

We hope all will have fun. There is a teleporter from NEW2, New Magincia to my castle so easy to get there.

Last edited:

Spiffykeen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I look forward to seeing some action in the neighborhood! Maybe I'll break out some of my bootleg booze I've been smuggling in from Moonglow!

HoldenCaulfield

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello All

Safe Haven and NEW2 have a shared event for you Friday August 1th, 5 pm EST US time

Part 1. NEW2 Graduations Event
I know there had not been any graduations events as we only had few members and my RL did not allow me the time I needed. This part of the event will be in my castle
This event are meant as a chance for NEW2 and former NEW2, who made it this year to meet the shard, if they not already found a guild.
It will be more informal than with earlier events as most did get their graduations gift when they made it to one month.
The event will start Friday 1th august 5 pm EST and will last an hour I think. I will have a robe and a hat for graduated NEW2 so they are easier to find to the party.
After the party, Safe Haven will make an informal dueling event at the road north of TDO* Guild Tower, the Tower will be open for players who only want to watch.
One of the duels will be "Noobs kill that Red", where a red will be willing to let a group of newbies and crafters try to take him down. He is allowed to defend him self and some may need several res before they success it. If they can't kill him, we will try to add a few more newbies or crafters.
I hope all will have a good day

Part 2. Safe Haven Road Duel Event
After the NEW2 Graduations event, Safe Haven will try to bring back a little of the old Safe Haven spirit. In the past, we had a lot duels on the road.
It will be informal with very few rules. We ask nicely, that each dualing group agree if they want looting in their duel, else we ask it to be no looting at the event.
We will mark a part of the road for the duels and when one group are done, that be 1 vs 1 or 1 vs x or x vs x, the next group can start.
It will be at the road north for TDO* Guild Tower, the Tower will be open for players who only want to watch.
We will try to find a duel master, who can sign up the groups and one to write down the results and make a report with screen shots.
The first duel will be the last part of the NEW2 Graduations event. I call it "Noobs kill that Red", where a red will be willing to let a group of newbies and crafters try to take him down. He is allowed to defend him self and some may need several res before they success it. If they can't kill him, we will try to add a few more newbies or crafters.
As this are our first event, it may not be perfect, but the main goal are to have fun.
I know it is a short notice but hope to see some. If anyone feel they can add something to the event, feel free to contact me.

We hope all will have fun. There is a teleporter from NEW2, New Magincia to my castle so easy to get there.

Looks like a good time Freja, unfortunately cannot make it until 3 hours after it starts :). Hope it goes smoothly.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I hope to see a lot of you and hope all will have a good time

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I get off work at that time. I will try to catch the end. I am looking to sponsor a small guild to help with events, town gatherings etc.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I will attempt to show up, but work has been hectic this week to say the least.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I know it is early on a Friday for US players but tried to find a time where EU players could make it too. I can sleep long Saturday, hope most EU players can that too.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, not to sound like a whiner but this will let y'all in on how my week has been. I got off at 4 today and thought " cool I can make it home to play" Well the wife calls me half way home and say says the car breaks down. So I run by there and take care of that and it's 5:30 I said " well I can still join in" so I start the computer and nothing happens. At this point I started drinking and I will probably not quit until I pass out. Y'all have a great weekend and I'll sit here with my phone trying to read the forums.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
We will make more of the events, hope you will make it next time. Sorry to hear about your bad day it really sucks

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Thanks to all for coming. I'm sorry I did not take any screen shot. I hope all had as much fun as me and hope we will have more NEW2 on at the event. It may have been to early for many of them.

Troop

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for having this and remaining interested in helping the new players to the shard. I had a good time even though I had to leave a bit early.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I tried to put together a report of the event. I missed a few thing, but maybe someone can fill the missing stuff.
First the list of visitors of Safe Haven
sir Vincent [TNA] [CoM]
Moon Beam [NEW2]
Talia [NEW2]
Ghostina [S L]
Storm [NEW2]
Grimlex [S L]
Shiver me Timber [YARR] [CoM]
Sprite Full/Sprite Full [TDO*]
Ander The Brave [GIL]
Lady Hoffs [GIL]
Lady Becca [GIL]
Delores Duende [GIL]
Stormcrow [GIL]
Morgan Ironfist Duke of New Magincia
Troop [GIL]
Lord Brutus [GIL]
Tina Tink [NEW2]
Mary Poppins
Kaisa [YARR] [CoM]
Kattasrophe [NBT]
DirtyVegas [NEW2]
Lord Captain Redbeard [YARR] [CoM]
Lord Mish o sha [TDO*]
Lord Troubadour/EM Troubadour
Lady Ikichet [RATS]
Freja [TDO*]
Hobo Baggins [^__^]
Lady Galadriel [x.x]
Lady Riva [x.x]
Lord Dart

Then my report

The graduations event did not go so well, as only one of my youngest was able to make it.
Sprite Full joined TDO, we do have a few more, who need to find a guild.
Kodiak, fisherman, graduated June
Glendale, crafter, graduated June
Dust Prist, a warrior if I remember right, graduated July.
At the Safe Haven Duel, that messed up my plan about the Noob kill that Red part but Sprite Full, our new Outlaws, did her first attempt at PvP and with with a little help from her red target, sir Vincent, she managed to do the job.
Ravi the priest of Mondain walked in the arena to sir Vincent corpes, while sir Vincent was seaching him all over Safe Haven :)
<7365402>sir Vincent: Whers that red healer!
<7365402>sir Vincent: lol
Next duel was Sprite Full and Storm vs sir Vincent. I did not see who won here.
Next Duel was Brutus vs Me
This fight took a while before I took a dirtnap
Next fight was sir Vincent vs Kattasrophe
This fight was very close, we thought both died, but Kattasrophe survived
Then Morgan Ironfist vs Me, auch that hurt, I died before the fight was started.
Edited, Info from Tjalle:
Morgan fought Vincent one time before Vincent left.
I believe after a minute or two of fighting, Morgan won.

Next fight was Mish o sha and Me. Here I again took a dirtnap. Think I need some training.
Next fight was Brutus vs Mish o sha
Brutus won this fight
Not sure if I missed a fight here?
The Mish vs Me, this time I was not the one taking a dirtnap.
Then we had Brutus and Kattasrophe vs Mish and I, that was embarrassing for TDO*, we died both times.
Info from
Then I think we had Ikichet vs Mish
I ressed one of them but forgot who, think Mish
Then Ikichet vs Me, here I won but I sure need to heal this yellow line in my heal bar, my bandages did not to well here. Was hard work :)
Then Mish and I. I won this one
Then Ikichet vs Me again, this time Ikichet won :)
Hobo Baggins had to die a few times as he could not keep his finger in his own pockets. :)
I hope to see you all next time. Keep eyes of the NEW2 and the Safe Haven calender on the forums, link in my signature.

Last edited:

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am sorry I missed this! When I first read the post, I thought I saw August 11, but alas it was August 1. I guess I need some glasses in my old age! :eyes:

Hoffs

Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for putting the event on, Freja.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
We will try to make the event Friday evening/night in odd weeks. Look at the calender at Safe Haven town forum.

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I am sorry I missed this! When I first read the post, I thought I saw August 11, but alas it was August 1. I guess I need some glasses in my old age! :eyes:
I may need some advices from you as I have very little know how about duel events, but it went ok I belive. Did TnT not have duel nights in the past? Would be nice to see them back too for the hardcore PvP'ers.
I doubt I have the skills to make a real duel night event, I try it without too many rules and structure :)

Leaf

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
TNT did use to have duel nights in the past Freja. They were a lot of fun too. We had an arena in the Stonehaven Desert and sometimes there was just as much action outside as there was inside. Lots of fun and old memories! I'm sure Kat will elaborate much more!

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I used to be the door man a lot. First line of defense too. (Read that as the Red Shirt Star Trek guy beaming down with Captain Kirk.)

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried to put together a report of the event. I missed a few thing, but maybe someone can fill the missing stuff.
First the list of visitors of Safe Haven
sir Vincent [TNA] [CoM]
Moon Beam [NEW2]
Talia [NEW2]
Ghostina [S L]
Storm [NEW2]
Grimlex [S L]
Shiver me Timber [YARR] [CoM]
Sprite Full/Sprite Full [TDO*]
Ander The Brave [GIL]
Lady Hoffs [GIL]
Lady Becca [GIL]
Delores Duende [GIL]
Stormcrow [GIL]
Morgan Ironfist Duke of New Magincia
Troop [GIL]
Lord Brutus [GIL]
Tina Tink [NEW2]
Mary Poppins
Kaisa [YARR] [CoM]
Kattasrophe [NBT]
DirtyVegas [NEW2]
Lord Captain Redbeard [YARR] [CoM]
Lord Mish o sha [TDO*]
Lord Troubadour/EM Troubadour
Lady Ikichet [RATS]
Freja [TDO*]
Hobo Baggins [^__^]
Lady Galadriel [x.x]
Lady Riva [x.x]
Lord Dart

Then my report

The graduations event did not go so well, as only one of my youngest was able to make it.
Sprite Full joined TDO, we do have a few more, who need to find a guild.
Kodiak, fisherman, graduated June
Glendale, crafter, graduated June
Dust Prist, a warrior if I remember right, graduated July.
At the Safe Haven Duel, that messed up my plan about the Noob kill that Red part but Sprite Full, our new Outlaws, did her first attempt at PvP and with with a little help from her red target, sir Vincent, she managed to do the job.
Ravi the priest of Mondain walked in the arena to sir Vincent corpes, while sir Vincent was seaching him all over Safe Haven :)
<7365402>sir Vincent: lol
Next duel was Sprite Full and Storm vs sir Vincent. I did not see who won here.
Next Duel was Brutus vs Me
This fight took a while before I took a dirtnap
Next fight was sir Vincent vs Kattasrophe
This fight was very close, we thought both died, but Kattasrophe survived
Then Morgan Ironfist vs Me, auch that hurt, I died before the fight was started.
Edited, Info from Tjalle:
Morgan fought Vincent one time before Vincent left.
I believe after a minute or two of fighting, Morgan won.

Next fight was Mish o sha and Me. Here I again took a dirtnap. Think I need some training.
Next fight was Brutus vs Mish o sha
Brutus won this fight
Not sure if I missed a fight here?
The Mish vs Me, this time I was not the one taking a dirtnap.
Then we had Brutus and Kattasrophe vs Mish and I, that was embarrassing for TDO*, we died both times.
Info from
Then I think we had Ikichet vs Mish
I ressed one of them but forgot who, think Mish
Then Ikichet vs Me, here I won but I sure need to heal this yellow line in my heal bar, my bandages did not to well here. Was hard work :)
Then Mish and I. I won this one
Then Ikichet vs Me again, this time Ikichet won :)
Hobo Baggins had to die a few times as he could not keep his finger in his own pockets. :)
I hope to see you all next time. Keep eyes of the NEW2 and the Safe Haven calender on the forums, link in my signature.
Fun fights! I really didn't think I was gonna get you hehe. :D

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Fun fights! I really didn't think I was gonna get you hehe. :D
Yes it was fun and good fights. I will try to do the event Fridays in odd weeks, next one will be August 15th and time will be 6 pm EST US. If I have any NEW2 ready for graduation and they show up, we will start with that in my Castle and then move on to the duels after.
I updated Safe Haven Citizen event calender but not much room for info there as they limit me to 400 chars :(

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I may need some advices from you as I have very little know how about duel events, but it went ok I belive. Did TnT not have duel nights in the past? Would be nice to see them back too for the hardcore PvP'ers.
I doubt I have the skills to make a real duel night event, I try it without too many rules and structure :)
I will be happy to advise anytime, but there wasn't much to it. We had a couple people working the door to access people as they arrived, as he building remained private to hopefully prevent too much trouble from occurring. Rules were pretty simple. No pets, no summons, no looting. Entrances to the duel pit itself were set to friends only so that the duel coordinator/rezzer could control who entered the pit at all times. Only the duel coordinator and 2 duelists were allowed in the pit at any given time unless all parties agreed to a free for all fight at the end. I think we only ever had one problem with looting. No mounts were allowed.

I don't think there are many hardcore PvPer's around these days that like to duel and most hardcore duelists want very specific rules in place that are far more complicated than I have the time or patience to bother with. I may toss up an arena and see how much interest there is in a general Fight Night. Its not easy to do with faction characters, so we may wait for a bit and see how soon factions will be scrapped. I'm not up to speed on all that yet.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Also the new house rules make it complicated as you beed to be in same guild/alliance to fight inside a house now, else you will get kicked out when you move.
It will be possible to build an arena autside with one gate and door men, where the walls are hard to move, builded of piles of blockable items. and a few guards.
Else players may use a duel suit they can affort to risk to lose.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
You may want to test that Freja. I believe the house fighting rules were changed to allow dueling, but ya can not fight a player outside from within a house.

HoldenCaulfield

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The in-game arena (like SE ocllo) is pretty nice - been dueling there lately, sometimes 2 v 2, but can do up to 4 v 4. No faction statloss and no looting built-in. Can easily adjust the rules to no pets/summons by settings taming slots to zero, and there are options for pots and limits on them/time limits and things like that.

I guess it takes away from the "town" event of being in the player town, of which you are probably seeking. But it resolves problems like teleporting and field spells not working in homes as well.

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
You may want to test that Freja. I believe the house fighting rules were changed to allow dueling, but ya can not fight a player outside from within a house.
Nice, that's cool, so I could use TDO tower roof.
I do believe I will keep it on road for now. I like the event to be open for all and so far all had respected my events, even when I open my doors for all. Sure I had to clean my roof for blood a few times at earlier evens but I will still say all respected my event, even when they added a little to them, I did not ask for :p
I know that may limit the choice of gear a little but at old Safe Haven duels, we also had to be sure we could replace the gear if we got interrupted of enemies.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The in-game arena (like SE ocllo) is pretty nice - been dueling there lately, sometimes 2 v 2, but can do up to 4 v 4. No faction statloss and no looting built-in. Can easily adjust the rules to no pets/summons by settings taming slots to zero, and there are options for pots and limits on them/time limits and things like that.

I guess it takes away from the "town" event of being in the player town, of which you are probably seeking. But it resolves problems like teleporting and field spells not working in homes as well.
I was not aware of that arena. I will check that out! Thanks for bringing it to our [or at least my!] attention. :)

Spiffykeen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What, are yall too good to fight in the road?!? Kickin and gougin in the mud and the blood and the beer? I like having it in the road, the only trouble is, from the roof of Mish's tower you can only see what is happening on the near side of the road. Might have to set up some seats outside

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
What, are yall too good to fight in the road?!? Kickin and gougin in the mud and the blood and the beer? I like having it in the road, the only trouble is, from the roof of Mish's tower you can only see what is happening on the near side of the road. Might have to set up some seats outside
I see Talia have a job to do with making bench and placing them around the arena :)

I may changes the size of the arena a little, so the East and West side are shorter, that could help the views

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Remember
Next even will be Friday August 15, time will be 6 pm EST US time and then each Friday in odd weeks.