• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Vendor and current 175M cap

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The game needs real gold sinks to suck $$ out of the game in large chunks. There are plenty of ways to do so.

Consider EM drops. When they drop say 8-10 items they end up being worth 100m or more each.

Ok, drop 8 - and then sell 8 on vendors for 100m gold. That would take 800m gold out of the economy every EM drop. The rarity would only go from 8 to 16 and the gold would simply be deleted. Still a way to obtain it for free (8 of them) and 8 more for the rare collectors that want to part with their cash.

You could do the same with plenty of other items - sell a version at a marked up price for convenience. The person aquiring it can still get it and sell it for a reasonable amount - but if someone wants to overpay to buy one - so be it. If the price is set appropriately - it would not undercut the market for the item. IE - If Cintures go for 30m - the vendor can sell for 40m. If someone gets a drop - they can still sell pretty easily for 30m as its less than the vendor cost.

Everyone bought would drop the gold in game by 40m as its deleted.

As they did this, they would need to also cut each gold drop by about what, 33%?? to keep it from just being replaced overnight

SwordofExcalibur

One of the last Rangers of Skara Brae
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
There is no reason to raise the cap.

The rich and 1% elite can use their auction blocks and forums and RMT to get their exorbitant prices they want. The game is already designed with auctions and they work perfectly fine.

I like to spend some evenings going to auctions just to marvel at arties, rares, and EM event drops. It's fun, relaxing, and sometimes I'll buy things.

The problem I run into is: 1. sometimes the auctions are poorly managed and not turned on and 2. it's hard to find the auctions without stumbling upon them or getting lucky and the vendor drops runes on the daily.

So, be a gill and get out there and run your auctions you rich people!

Many players enjoy perusing your assortment of godly priced items, laughing to ourselves at your ridiculous prices, and sometimes catching a rare gem and scooping it up.

I get a kick out of galloping down Luna main streets on ATL and seeing all the adorable auctions there sometimes.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

The rich and 1% elite can use their auction blocks and forums and RMT to get their exorbitant prices they want. The game is already designed with auctions and they work perfectly fine.

I like to spend some evenings going to auctions just to marvel at arties, rares, and EM event drops. It's fun, relaxing, and sometimes I'll buy things.

The problem I run into is: 1. sometimes the auctions are poorly managed and not turned on and 2. it's hard to find the auctions without stumbling upon them or getting lucky and the vendor drops runes on the daily.

Many players enjoy perusing your assortment of godly priced items, laughing to ourselves at your ridiculous prices, and sometimes catching a rare gem and scooping it up.

I get a kick out of galloping down Luna main streets on ATL and seeing all the adorable auctions there sometimes.
Let me see if I got this right...

1. The rich should sell their stuff at auctions instead of vendors, because...
2. You like auctions, and sometimes you even buy things, except...
3. Auctions are poorly run, not always there, and it's hard to find things (unlike on the vendors), but...
4. You rich people should do the auctions anyway, because...
5. You like galloping in Luna, and sometimes you find a cheap item.

Totally makes sense.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED

On the . other hand..There is no reason NOT to raise the cap also, right? What effect would that have? There is a vendor with an item 600M on it, so? What harm is there to the game. Answer this without spite or hatred for the Platinum Clan (PC). PC's got there where most of us are NOT, and will likely never get there. PC's are not necessarily the enemy. They just put a ton more work in the game than the rest of us did. Like spend a ton of time doing Roof, developing all types of chars, taming and selling Blaze Cus, trading Rares, Working day after day to get the "Leet items" from Corgul, Osiredon, and so on, and sell to the "Leet" kids etc. for 20 YEARS!
Why all the spite and poison for the rich of the game?
In my opinion, and in a democratic system, there should be absolutely NO CAPS. Someone wants to put on vendor 1.5 Plat item and pay the premium 5.25%? Go for it. Good for the game, makes trading easier at that high level, and good for the players. For the sellers/buyers to do their business, and for the rest of us who are interested in this bs, something of owe to aspire to.
I would like to know how having no caps would hurt the game, other than some wild theory that the 1-2 new subscribers will see the prices and scared off, that is absolutely bogus. Right the new subs will see the "Two Story Statue of Goddess Athena" selling for 1.4 Plat and get scared away? I don't think the new subs would benefit from the statue or other items that sell at these prices, and new subs are not collectors, and they do not get in the game with the goal to collect rares.
I think we need to be reasonable, and at least SOME mind clarity about this, and not let jealousy cloud our reasoning.
There are many RL examples that would be a waste of time to go into, but caps to prices that THE MARKET ITSELF has determined, is flawed and bound to fail.
prices of items will go up and down. The market determines the prices. It is usually how hard it is to obtain items in the game that determines this, plus supply and demand. This does not just affect rares only. It affects items used in certain gamestyles, including PvP and PvM, but especially PvP. I realize that lots of folks do not like PvP, but it is a real and well established gamestyle for folks for many people. I think 175 M cap is ARBITRARY just because someone likes 175 M cap, and thats all. NO real reason behind it, just a lot of flawed arguments, prejudice, and vile for the well to do or what I name the Platinum Folks. Just my 25 cents.:)

Last edited:

SwordofExcalibur

Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Let me see if I got this right...

1. The rich should sell their stuff at auctions instead of vendors, because...
2. You like auctions, and sometimes you even buy things, except...
3. Auctions are poorly run, not always there, and it's hard to find things (unlike on the vendors), but...
4. You rich people should do the auctions anyway, because...
5. You like galloping in Luna, and sometimes you find a cheap item.

Totally makes sense.
Thank you for your response.

You are excellent at summation and not so excellent at counter-arguments, in fact, quite dreadful.

Your inept conclusion lacks substance and struggles to carry the weight of logic.

In conclusion, it's adorable when toddlers play with crayons on a forum wall. *Pats your head.*

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you for your response.

You are excellent at summation and not so excellent at counter-arguments, in fact, quite dreadful.

Your inept conclusion lacks substance and struggles to carry the weight of logic.

In conclusion, it's adorable when toddlers play with crayons on a forum wall. *Pats your head.*
It's a waste of time to argue with stream of consciousness, and insecure condescension does not deserve a counter argument.

SwordofExcalibur

Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It's a waste of time to argue with stream of consciousness, and insecure condescension does not deserve a counter argument.
In other words, you lack the courage, the intelligence, and a strong argument to proceed further. It's no wonder you've deflected.

Until then, may you grow in these things and learn to be better. Be well.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In other words, you lack the courage, the intelligence, and a strong argument to proceed further. It's no wonder you've deflected.

Until then, may you grow in these things and learn to be better. Be well.
Accusing your opponent of weak arguments in the middle of an ad hominem attack. Oh, the irony.