• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New UO Logo!

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
With all the doom changes, runics to 100% etc.

This seems like it should be the new UO Logo.

I

imported_Spiritless

Siege Perilous.

Oh, and I believe that product has been around for a long time to make UO easier.

Ohh, aren't I risqué?

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Siege Perilous.

Oh, and I believe that product has been around for a long time to make UO easier.

Ohh, aren't I risqué?

[/ QUOTE ] Leonidas--"Siege Perilous? This is Blessed Item Land!!"

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i must say half agree half am thriled even if wrong, they are, trying to tweak, make game better!!!!!!!!!!!!! runics are too strong but see quick patch fix only origin so far 5 hammers down so far!!!!!!!!!!

I

imported_Spiritless

Everyone has access to 1 bless. The 7AE items are no longer blessed, nor can you use CBD items on powerful hats like HoM. The blessed garbage that has gone on there in the past has declined considerably.

I

imported_Lyconis

lol replace the word staples with UO and you'll find out why gear to get the items is easy to get.....

S

Smokin

You make it out like the runics are automatic 100% its just a random chance of 100% on one of 60 mods. This is a lot of help to improve crafting and at the same time not too unbalancing, the only people I see that would have a problem are the ones that are farming barbed kits. They will lose there income from it, big deal.

I would rather play in a game that is more like the old UO, you know how it was pre AOS where you could get stuff pretty easy.

G

To hear all the complaining about the delay on turning in BODs, you wouldn't think that were the case.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

This seems like it should be the new UO Logo.

[/ QUOTE ]

How exactly do you make a game where you can't lose anything difficult?

All shards should follow the Siege Perilous model.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So your against it that people are finaly are able to fight with the same weapons like everyone else?

So it was fair someone spended hours in Doom and got nothing while some got alot in less time when they had just RL luck?

Whats wrong that more people wil do BoDs now? Won't be more resources needed to fill them? More people will need leather and ingots. While finding Verite and Valorite ore is not a easy task to fill high end BoDs. More people will need to go mining to get the ingots to fill all these BoDs'.
How about hunting for barbed leather will be "easyer" when you going to run into super dragons in Destard?

Are you afraid more people will be able to "craft" there own good armor with the runics? I always thought the reason to have a crafter was too be able to make good suits for everyone.

Maybe when everyone has a way to get ther hands on good stuff they will be less afraid to go out hunting. Even without insurance. When you loose a piece now you need to worry if you can replace it. But with the new runics you just can try to make you a nice piece to replace.

Is it a problem that people will have simular great armor to compete against each other? Instead now that one have all the good stuff because the very rich and someone else has nothing cause there lack of time playing. There are other things then UO for most people then UO.

When the Devs change something too many people cry about its to easy.. and bla bla bla.... It can't hurt to think about it a little more and trying to see a bigger picture.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I would rather play in a game that is more like the old UO, you know how it was pre AOS where you could get stuff pretty easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you...........? NM its in ur name. Even with the changes it would never compare to old UO.. Monster loot was always better than GM just you can survive longer in gm gear back then then you can now. Hardening armor was better then GM back then. still monster armor was easy to get but fact is you had to work to get the right pieces.

BTW I am playing a game thats like the old UO mostly cause it is old UO just with some fixes, tweeks, lands and additions you just wouldnt understand and plain just not fubarred like the EA type. Plus there are 1000s of PvPers like myself there.

S

Smokin

What I referring to was back then you could buy good stuff such as Invul armor cheap compared to the crazy prices people charge now.

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wasn't the main complaint about AOS not being able to easily gear up to pvp like in the Pre-AOS days? Now they make it easier and everyone complains...lol
God this board is so full of hypocrites. The supply never ends.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad to see the changes, after playing for years I now able to have Doom Arties and not paid a dang single gp for them, all that I have now I got fighting in Doom and I'm "HAPPY". Of course I have got a few I have no use for and with the current prices down the tubes on such arties I have not a clue what to ask for items like taskmaster or bracelet of health, might just hold them and pass to freinds at weddings or special gifts for secret santa's.

As for Crafting, I'm not happy with the 10second delay in bods, but will adjust when I have bods to turn in, problem I have is getting ingots, with random mining its hard to get all the ingots I need since all the Luna vendors have "RAISED" prices on ingots now. So I will wait with hopes that prices dropped since there is no way I can mine all I need these days.

Only way I can get all I need is put the kids/grandkids to work on other PCs and crack my whip as I send them out to strip mine all along the hills around our homes.
hehe a little american sweat shop
HAHA. [j/k]

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
<blockquote><hr>

I'm glad to see the changes, after playing for years I now able to have Doom Arties and not paid a dang single gp for them, all that I have now I got fighting in Doom and I'm "HAPPY".

[/ QUOTE ]

So what is the point of having them? Everyone else has them too. You might as well delete all doom arties as now they are table steaks. Everyone has them and they are approaching worthlessness.

They were only *attractive* when difficult to obtain.

Don't you people see? Do you get excited to get a breath of air in the morning? No because its free and easy to obtain.

What is the point of going out hunting? Why even get gold anymore? Everything is dirt cheap cause its easy to get so what would you buy?

Making the game easier does not make it more fun for everyone.

Make one permanent shard like test center. You will be very happy there.

I

imported_Heartseeker

Quit your crying.

This is what the game was like pre Aos and was a lot of fun to play.

Everyone ran around with the same gear and no one complained.

It is more fun when opponents or your buddies have similar gear.

Get over the fact that you won't be making millions on your vendor.

Stigmatas

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Right on Frarc.

Someones gold coffers are not as bloated anymore. Happens every time they make a change that the majority will enjoy.

Lug

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree UO is a joke now. The only thing hard about it is going to be sorting through all my stuff and deciding what to keep after the new runic changes hit the production shards. I'm tempted in deleting everything and starting over. It would probably be better to start over on a new shard, or just go play another game.

B

BamBamJohnson

<blockquote><hr>

Quit your crying.

This is what the game was like pre Aos and was a lot of fun to play.

Everyone ran around with the same gear and no one complained.

It is more fun when opponents or your buddies have similar gear.

Get over the fact that you won't be making millions on your vendor.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember when the public anvil in brit was the busiest place in town and everyone just wanted to get their GM crafted archer suits or katanas. No bods, no runics, no colored ore even. That was a lot of fun.

That and all the people walking around with "Crafted by Phallus" on their gear. lol i miss my smith.