• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

new town holders

Cash

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my faction took over some towns but we've been unable to do anything with them.... i was given finance minister position to place a horse breeder... keeps telling me i must be in our controlled town when i try to bring up my options... and yes i was in the same town as my title... ****s broken!

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
guess the first question is are you in the town proper?

some towns like yew and brit have strange boarders.

try doing it right where the town stone and sigil stone are.

barring that, make sure YOU are in the right town.
if they assigned you Vesper, make sure you are in vesper.

short of that, i know all the GMs are gonna say to ya is to wait till server down to see if that corrects it.

MiNi MaGi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
something is def wrong cause i had the same prob on drachenfels and baja.. and it hasnt worked for a week.. for sherrifs or finance ministers.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Three things seem to have happened recently that might be related:

Guard zones have been restored in faction towns.

People are having trouble placing traps in faction towns.

People are having trouble placing faction fendors in faction towns.

Just a guess, but maybe whoever restored the guard zones just copied the rules for nonfaction towns and lost the coding for any faction-related exceptions like traps and vendors?

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Just a guess, but maybe whoever restored the guard zones just copied the rules for nonfaction towns and lost the coding for any faction-related exceptions like traps and vendors?
O

M

G

yes that makes sense in a wildly incompetent way.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Tina - I was thinking the same thing. We are having similar problems on Siege. We [Minax] control a number of the towns, but cannot access the Finance Minister gumps. We are getting the same message as the OP... "You must be in a town you control...blahblahblah", but we are all but standing on top of the town stone itself. I have tried accessing it from numerous locations, even outside the guardzone on the off-chance that it was reversed somehow. No dice! Sheriff commands are not working for us either. =/

C

Coragin

Same here, cant place a damn horse breeder. Hoping a server update will fix it. Any chance anyone waited for a server up for faction point update?

ruaduck

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm wondering if the town itself is updating to the new faction holder... i noticed thati am in SL. we own the town... some reverted to SL...others stayed COM. now even the ones i saw that were SL are now COM again..even though we own the town.