• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New to the shard

T

Trinsauce

Hey all, I'm new to Europa... I juss had to try a change in scenarie... I've played American shards the whole 10+ years I've played... Although I've enjoyed it, I'm looking to add a new chapter to my UO portfolio...

Was interested to know what all this shard has to offer... Community??? Pvp??? RP??? The whole nine yards... If anyone would like to assist me in some information I would greatly appreciate it... Can either PM me or reply here...

Thanx in advance.

K

Kayne

This shard is well known for its great community spirit and the RP community.

Europa has a strong RP community and its very easy to find someone who can point you in the right direction.
PvP i cant answer for but there are those on here that will be able to.

If your looking for a guild here (tram based) then Saor is good for the new/returning/new to the shard. My own guild SM is starting at the bottom and looking for new members to help it on its way. Not to mention hundreds of other guilds of all shapes and sizes.

I

imported_Seasseragh

I can´t comment on PvP, but else EU has all of the above.

- for Traders have a look at BritBank (yes, we still use that, kinda) or, of course, Luna
- for an Intro into community, see Padraic (or any of the HLP guild) in New Haven (and the Babble Thread in this forum, great people)
- for RP go to Trinsic, Vesper, Cove or Yew, also there usually are recruiting leaflets at the moongates, someones usually around after 8-9 pm

A

Asmodai/Embryo

hey, just to say the pvp community is pretty healthy, if u've got some skills then check out the obvious place (yew gate), but you'll find fights all over the place... pvp community forum is United Champ Hunters of Europa

G

<blockquote><hr>

hey, just to say the pvp community is pretty healthy, if u've got some skills then check out the obvious place (yew gate), but you'll find fights all over the place... pvp community forum is United Champ Hunters of Europa

[/ QUOTE ]

Worst trashboard ever. And worst board to promote pvp on EU hehe.

A

Asmodai/Embryo

not really, everyone knows each other pretty well despite all the flames... and hey, thats what pvp's all about!

G

Truth. PvP is all about flames.

Maybe try RP. Or join Factions. Or banksit.

Something else I thought of - we got lots of different langauges too - spanish, french, german, italian, finnish - some of the predominant languages that I can think of that people speak as their first language. I reckon Europa has more languages spoken than other shards.. which makes a thread that - at the time of posting is on UHall page 1 - is about phoning the US for customer support all the more sad. I miss multi-lingual GMs

G

lots of community, lots of fun here. if you need a hand, give me a shout and Saor can help you settle in, even if you're not looking for a guild

S

Scrumpy Jack

Ello you lot .. and you new guy!

Yeah, do whatever yer want but don't think yer can come to Trinsic and beg fer alms there: that's our town! We have a permit!!

Watch out fer Mary, though. She can be a bit clinging once she set her eyes on yer ....

T

Trinsauce

Finally got my newbie completed... Well now juss gotta work up resist...

My brother was welcomed to the shard by some reds when he was out marking runes...

Well anyways, I'm gonna wander around and see what the shard is all about... I'm hopin I'll have fun here so I have something to do when my home shard is having it's slow times...

I saw the spawn scene was jumpin off pretty well in Despise yesterday...