• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New to Pacific, have a questions or 2

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've just recently started a char on your shard, so far I'm enjoying getting myself started out. But I'm finding it rather difficult. (It's been a very long while since I started a new char who didn't have more established char's to lean on for support)

I have a few questions that I was hoping someone could answer for me.

1) My main shard is catskills, and one of the larger vendor 'orginazations' there is Travel Lodge. Is there a Travel Lodge chapter on Pac too? Or anything similiar?

2) I have been looking for a public rune library. I would like to start marking myself some spots for hunting, resource gathering and such, but I would like runes to get there, so I don't spend half my time gate hopping and running though the woods.

P

Paris_Hilton

I started over on Pac, left my old chars and stuff on Atl.

Which reminds me:

I DO NOT have a char named Paris Hilton on Pacific, I left her on Atl. Made all new names for Pac.

Now my family had some characters here and I did steal a full spellbook to start.

But that is all the help I had.

Need ML to do what I did. And a lot of free time.

I got the Dreadhorn quest and went to swoop and looted dead swoops that other players killed for a lower reg suit with crappy resists.

I sold junk armor and weapons from the swoops to the blacksmith to get gold.

I didn't know at the time that you can skin swoop and get something like 72 feathers per swoop and sell them to the bowyer for a beginning price of 11 gold each I think it was. (That may have changed now since they did that vendor pricing thing).

You can cast spells to gain magery while you wait for your turn to loot the swoops someone else kills. Once I could cast mark I went looking for idocs.

Idocing is the fastest way to get rich in UO if you can spare the time to do it.

Takes about 5 days for a house to fall, then you can pick up the loot or even sometimes place a house on the spot.

Just skip the decaying houses owned by OSI.

Good luck!