• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New to Origin

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I am fairly new to Origin. I am making a couple of characters and will be bringing a couple over as well. I was blindsided by the lack of items on VS and the cost of the ones up there. Will I need to be very specific about what I bring over as far as armor, weapons, jewelry etc? Items that are 1k to 50k on other shards are in the millions here. I am guessing most people import here and there are few vendors due to the size of the shard. Will I need to make sure to bring multiple suits and stuff with me? I am not judging or trying to put the shard down at all, just wondering as I have never played on such a small shard before.

Also, is there a shard discord server or something?

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You must be very self sufficient that being said calling out in general chat will mostly get you what you need

Onixia The Paladin

Journeyman
Governor
We are slowly bringing more and more vendors to Origin as when I first started playing 3 years ago it was horrible finding anything. Calling out in gen chat can help. A lot of Origin players just keep stock at their homes. There is also the Phoenix Auction House that usually has auctions every 2nd month just outside of Luna.

Welcome to Origin.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
First Merlin and now you?

Bring it on! Stratics party on Origin! WOOT WOOT!

We have people here who charge WAY too much for things, and people that just try to help new/returning players. We are trying to build our own economy here but it's not easy due to the small population.

Sowly things are getting better.

And yes there is an Origin Discord server

Archangel0

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, its hard to find anything on Origin, but as Anon posted, if you ask in Gen chat, you might find it, and sometimes even get it for nothing.
Also many players announce in our discord channel when they are transferring to or from another shard and will take /bring things for free.

Plus, yes, slowly the vendors are improving both the price and the wares range... we a cool tiny shard! :beer:

Welcome!

Last edited:

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I am fairly new to Origin. I am making a couple of characters and will be bringing a couple over as well. I was blindsided by the lack of items on VS and the cost of the ones up there. Will I need to be very specific about what I bring over as far as armor, weapons, jewelry etc? Items that are 1k to 50k on other shards are in the millions here. I am guessing most people import here and there are few vendors due to the size of the shard. Will I need to make sure to bring multiple suits and stuff with me? I am not judging or trying to put the shard down at all, just wondering as I have never played on such a small shard before.

Also, is there a shard discord server or something?
Join up with NPH. Really great group - definitely the best guild on Origin. Super helpful and friendly, active across all content. Fun tight knit group.